PDA

View Full Version : Ore-Ida potatoes

Big Zep
08-16-2004, 11:09 PM
i just bought some Ore-Ida potatoes, and i found the Nutrition Facts to be surprising.

Calories-80, Calories from fat-0+

Total Fat-0g
Saturated Fat-0g
Cholesterol-0mg
Sodium-55mg
Potassium-160mg
Total Carbs-18g
Dietary Carbs-2g
Sugar less than 1g
Protein-2g

If i cooked this on a pan with some olive oil or some pam spray, would this be good with some fruit for breakfast?

Podcore
08-17-2004, 09:49 PM
if you are on creitine i would say yes, the potassium is so high. **** it looks good the whole way around. Whats the starts on like a regular potato?

pu239
08-18-2004, 03:13 PM
You should probably try to get some protein in the morning too. I usually eat some egg substitute (or egg whites with one yolk) or something with a bowl of oatmeal. I don't think plain potatoes are the best source of carbs. For carbs I stick with sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, and sometimes Ezekial 4:9 bread. Nothing wrong with the fruit, but after a good night's sleep you should give your body some protein to maintain muscle.

RBC13
08-18-2004, 04:15 PM
Are sweet potatoes that much better than regular? If yes, why? Not just because of the vitamin A right?

Saint Patrick
08-18-2004, 04:28 PM
if you are on creitine i would say yes, the potassium is so high. **** it looks good the whole way around. Whats the starts on like a regular potato?

1) What does Creatine have to do with it?
2) 160mg potassium isn't that much.
3) A regular potato is about 30-50g carbs, depending on size.
4) Like the other guy said, get some protein in the morning.

Saint Patrick
08-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Are sweet potatoes that much better than regular? If yes, why? Not just because of the vitamin A right?

They're lower on the Glycemic Index.