View Full Version : How about a bar?
08-17-2004, 03:00 PM
An atlarge meal repacement bar would be something I would want to purchase. Sometimes its more convenient to travel with a bar than with a shake IMHO.
08-17-2004, 05:04 PM
That is certainly something we are considering for the future. Once we launch ETS and Multi-Plus (the names for supp X and our new multi-vitamin product) we are going to start looking for something else to add to the lineup.
08-17-2004, 05:07 PM
You can use the powder to make a bar. Like oatmeal, eggs, peanut butter, powder, stuff like that. There are recipes around the internet and they taste really good. =)
One i'm about to start using:
3 scoops Nitrean
2T heavy whipping cream
1 whole egg
blend until smooth, microwave for 5-8 minutes (until bubbling is starting and top is firming), then let sit at room temp. for 20 minutes
Comes out too:
79 P, 8 C, 30 F
How about YOU make that bar, and sell it to me, Lance ;) :D
08-19-2004, 12:14 PM
I used to think I was chomping at the bit to get supp X, but now at the idea of an AtLarge bar seems even more exciting. Ever since I was given some free bars a while back, I have been addicted. I would appreciate it if you become my pusher.
08-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Haha, sorry bud, i'm perfecting it myself. I don't think my wholesome ingredients will last very long anyways until it spoils. One thing though, the actual fat content is more like 18g's ... i messed up with the serving size on fitday.
08-19-2004, 06:01 PM
So how does your bar tast and how do you mold it? Does it hold up pretty good? I might give this a shot lol/ I'd toss in some oatmeal though for a little crunch.
08-19-2004, 08:40 PM
This bar i've only made once and i'm not going to do it anymore. But i'm going to find this other bar i made a long time ago, it was VERY good. I really liked it. I'm gonna find it, i'll post back when i do.
08-19-2004, 09:41 PM
* 6 Egg Whites
* 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
* 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
* 3 servings of casein protein chocolate Powder (Any other flavour could be used.)
* 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
* 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
* 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
3. Find a baking tray approx. 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
4. Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.
5. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
6. Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
7. Leave to cool and then cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife
These bars are supposed to be great:
I don't like the OJ but the rest sounds good.
1 cup natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 whey protein
1 cup oats
This would make 10-12 bars.
Forget everything i posted above, i just found about 100 (exaggeration) more, so i'm just going to post a link. There are so many protein bar/shake recipes in here it's amazing.
08-20-2004, 03:15 AM
id definately buy some when u decide to make em
08-20-2004, 10:11 AM
I hope they taste like a Detour bar.:)
08-20-2004, 10:29 PM
Any suggestions on a lower carb bar?
Atkins bars are good. The tastes are really good and they have about 10 carbs per bar or so..
220 calories I think though...
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.