PDA

View Full Version : The Mind's Eye vs. Reality

Ugly Genius
08-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Hello, all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

First off, my sincere apologies for the utter lack of a tan in this picture (http://www.freewebs.com/uglygenius/One.jpg). (And for the unforgivably ugly shorts.) As I rarely get out of doors with a camera and without a shirt, this is the only photo that I have available.

I dunno if anyone else feels this way too, but when I'm at the gym or studying my progress in the bedroom mirror, I swear that I am bigger than I look in photos. This photo is no exception. When I first saw the picture, my ego's defensive reflex was, "I should have angled my body a bit more towards the south so that the sun would cast flattering shadows across my cuts, and I'd look bigger and more striated. Because I am so much larger and cut up than I look in that photo. I AM! I am dammit! I amóright?!" But pictures don't lie. And my ego has to come to grips with the fact that I am not nearly as studly as the post-workout endorphins make me feel that I am.

But for better or worse, that's me and I'm cool with it. (I'll just have to make certain to get a tan and to stop ignoring my chest. It's totally lagging.)

Max-Mex
08-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Yea, the camera can mess with your mind. There are days when I feel I look better and then I take a pic and it's not there. IMO, it has more to do with lighting. The light is always great where my mirror is. It seems to hit my body at the right angles to give me some shape. It's hard to recreate that when shooting with a camera. Well, hard if you have no one to help you out.

MM
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Is the link not working for anyone else?

Slim Schaedle
08-17-2004, 09:11 PM
linky no worky for me

Ugly Genius
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
I believe the reason that the link's not workingóit's not working for me, eitheróis that it needs to be approved by the powers that be. In the meantime, you can cut and paste this: http://www.freewebs.com/uglygenius/One.jpg.

sublime99
08-18-2004, 08:09 AM
lINK STILL DOESN'T WORK :windup:

Ugly Genius
08-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Hmmm. Okay, if hyperlinks are gonna be stubborn, lemme try it as an attachment.