PDA

View Full Version : Trying to outdo myself everyday

Vsire
08-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Hiyas, my name is Victor and I'm a 21 year old guy from Singapore. Been pounding in the iron game for more than 3 years already and it's certainly a much harder and complicating way of life than I could ever imagine. Regardless, I love every second of my workouts (maybe except the post leg workout puke threats), and I always look forward to my next gym workout.

I stand about 5ft 8 and 175lbs. BF not too sure, but most likely more than 15%. Judging from my stats it's easy to spot than I'm not one of those huge and body beautiful kinda people. In fact I look far from good, but I'm pretty satisfied with my progress in terms of strength and size development, too bad the BF is always pretty high.

My current old is too bulk cleaner than currently and get up to about 190lbs, than from there cut back to the 175lbs range. Right now due to my working condition, it's not all that convenient for me to eat clean, esp. when you consider the fairly tedious schedule. However, I'm trying to eat as cleanly as possible now and avoid anything that 'taste' like crap.

My training spilt is...

Monday: Chest, Tris, Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs, Calves
Friday: Back, Biceps

For Abs I do them whenever I want. Just not more than 3 times a week and at least 1 day of rest in between. Currently I'm using the S.A.I.S routine found in Planet Muscle which is the one that hits all your muscle fibres. Been doing that for a few eweeks now and I can say it's working pretty well thus far. It's moderate volume and great intensity, plus the wide range of exercises makes things interesting.

This is my current spilt. What is see below is just an example of my training routine. I will change exercise (and their orders) from time to time or delete a couple of exercises whenever I feel like it's pushing too much unecessary stress on the targeted (supporting) muscle(s).

Monday

1) Low Incline DB Bench: 1 x 20 (warm up at 30% of weight I'll be using for work set), 3 x 6
2) Flat/Low Incline Flye: 2 x 10
3) Seated Machine Chest Press: 1 x 20
4) Reverse Grip Smith Machine Bench: 3 x 6
5) Skull Crusher: 2 x 10
6) Pressdown: 1 x 20
7) Side Lateral Raises: 3 x 6-8
8) Arnold Press: 2 x 10
9) Smith Machjine Wide Grip Upright Row: 1 x 20

TOTAL WORK SETS: 18

Wednesday

1) Squat: 1 x 20 (warm up), 3 x 6-8
2) Single Leg Press: 2 x 10
3) Leg Extension: 1 x 20
4) Good Morning: 3 x 6-8
5) Single Leg Curl: 2 x 10
6) Seated Leg Curl: 1 x 20
7) Standing Calve Raise: 3 x 10
8) Leg Press Calve Raise: 2 x 20

TOTAL WORK SETS: 17

Friday

1) Chin Up: 3 x 6
2) Barbell Row: 3 x 10
3) Seated Row: 2 x 20
4) Dumbbell Shrug: 3 x 12
5) Barbell Curl: 3 x 6
6) Low Incline Curl: 2 x 10
7) Concentration Curl: 1 x 20

TOTAL WORK SETS: 17

That's all for the time being, I'll cyall soon...

JustinF
08-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Good luck with your goals. Starting a journal will help a great deal.

Ğragons
08-18-2004, 04:06 AM
Monday: Chest, Tris, Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs, Calves
Friday: Back, Biceps

shoulders on a chest and tri's day, ouch :P
good luck tho man