PDA

View Full Version : Dieting Myth?

Zearoth
08-20-2004, 12:39 AM
Hello, I've been hearing LOTS of mixed views from a lot of sources on searches, and I wanted a clear answer from you guys.

Combining carbs and fats in the same meal is not advisable, as it releases insuling that triggers storage of fat and the stoppage of fat burning:

I've heard alot of people say its complete bull, but others go by it, who's right?

Thanks for the input!

SalahG
08-20-2004, 12:57 AM
It all comes down to caloric deficit, but some pro bodybuilders swear by this method, so I dunno.

ryuage
08-20-2004, 05:07 AM
try it out and see if it works for you, personally I don't really see any logic behind it... and would prefer balanced meals throughout.

Minotaur
08-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Hello, I've been hearing LOTS of mixed views from a lot of sources on searches, and I wanted a clear answer from you guys.

Combining carbs and fats in the same meal is not advisable, as it releases insuling that triggers storage of fat and the stoppage of fat burning:

I've heard alot of people say its complete bull, but others go by it, who's right?

Thanks for the input!

It's documented in a book called The Gladiator Diet, written by an MD. The book promotes a balanced diet of 40/35/25 p/c/f to control a man's testosterone levels and make him as fit as a gladiator. The Roman gladiators were not mistreated slaves. Though they were slaves, they were very well cared for, fed and trained. They were the sports superstars of the day. It was in the owner's best interest that the gladiator survived his contests.

Anyhoo... she documents and cites how and why carbs and fat, without protein should not be consumed together. A bagel and cream cheese is bad, but a bagel, cream cheese and lox (salmon) is better. The glucagon released by the protein counteracts the insulin. Glucagon and insulin are antagonist hormones.

Paul Stagg
08-20-2004, 07:23 AM
Age 15. 108 pounds.

You should be eating everything, all the time.

Jasonl
08-20-2004, 07:33 AM
Age 15. 108 pounds.

Agreed.

I don't think you'll be having to worry about fat storage for a very long time.

BulkMeUp
08-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Age 15. 108 pounds.

:withstupi Enjoy yourself, while u r at the point in ur life where you are able to do so.

RussianRocket
08-20-2004, 08:30 AM
i was the same size as you Zearoth at your age. the last thing you need to worry about is what you eat. As long as you get food into your body. Now start eating your keyboard for those proteins!

Maki Riddington
08-20-2004, 10:07 AM
What Uncle Pauly said. Don't sweat the small stuff.......yet.

galileo
08-20-2004, 01:42 PM
FWIW, there are reasons it works and reasons it doesn't. They seem to cancel each other out a bit. I really would not waste my time doing so, even though I'm slightly larger than 108.