PDA

View Full Version : Fast/Easy/Healthy dinners??

XHitman396
08-21-2004, 11:49 AM
I used to just eat what my mom made for dinner, now since i eat more meals a day, i eat less for dinner, and it makes her mad. so now im down on my own. I am far from capable in the kitchen, but i can do/learn some. What are the best meals for bulking that I can make? Recipes are welcome too. thanks..

manowar669
08-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Eggs and Oatmeal. Nothing wrong with breakfast 3 times a day. Oh, it's cheap too.

Tuna sandwich. Open can, drain, put on quality WW bread. Eat. Don't like tuna?? Tough. Mash it down anyway.

If you are a slightly more capable monkey, how about chicken and broccoli. Chop up a chicken breast (careful with that knife bobo). Chop up some broccoli (if this is too tough, open a bag of chopped frozen broccoli). Heat up a skillet (medium high outta do). Spray it (the skillet) with pam and chuck the chicken in there (if using frozen broccoli, chuck it in there the same time as the chicken). Move it around every few seconds. Now chuck in the broccoli (since you can eat broccoli raw, anything this side of raw will do). Move it around for another minute or two. Dump onto a plate. Any spices you wanna add? Go to it. I can do it faster than it took me to type this. (5-8 minutes)

Stray
08-21-2004, 06:54 PM
George Forman grills are your friend!

Ditto on the eggs & oatmeal.

SoulOfKoRea
08-21-2004, 07:46 PM
frying pan on high, 2 slices of whole wheat bread, let one side of the bread get crisp (not brown, make sure it's just slightly colored), flip over and then add a slice of swiss cheese to one of the breads, wait till the bottom of the bread is a little brown (no black, i hate burnt toast :) ) and then take off pan. cheese should be melted a little bit, add some tuna and lettuce and put other bread slice on top.

tastes goodd (I use those starkist creations hickory smoked tuna)

JTyrell710
08-21-2004, 07:59 PM
my 1 minute meal is one bagel (wheat, white however healthy u wanna go), 3 slices of nonfat (regular tastes so much better tho) kraft singles melted on each half
30 seconds in the microwave
(or 40 for regular)

delcious and 29 g of protein for regular, 41g of protein for non fat
plus about 700 calories.

XHitman396
08-21-2004, 11:17 PM
wow, more of a response than i expected, i eat eggs in the morning, which i have everyday for like 2 years, which is getting old, so i may try oatmeal. I eat tuna/microwave chicken everyday for lunch, are Ramen Noodles healthy? i think i may try some chicken and rice, have mom teach me :) thanks a bunch guys..

Sport_Scientist
08-22-2004, 01:25 AM
If you want to be real picky you could leave out the yolk of the egg, as it has cholesterol.

Vido
08-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Ramen noodles are not healthy.

The cholesterol in an egg yolk will not affect your dietary cholesterol levels...this has been covered THOUSANDS of times.

snow
08-22-2004, 03:59 PM
The actual cholesterol listings on nutrition labels are not of complete concern, it's more the saturated fat content, which affects your cholesterol levels.

I'd say for a quick, relatively healthy food, I'd just make a PB&J.

4tbps of PB = about 400 cals. and healthy fats.
4 piece of wheat bread = about 360 cals
and eh jelly, some sugars

so about 800 cals in 2 tiny sandwiches.

Stray
08-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Glass of milk mixed with Nitrean.

Fast and effective.

Mystic Eric
08-22-2004, 07:21 PM
What I've been doing lately is nuking a cup of frozen california mix veggies and throwing them with Tuna that is mixed with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of mayo and some seasoning. Then I'll nuke a yam and have 2 cups of milk. It takes no more than 10 min to do all this and it's not too bad tasting.

Feminator
08-23-2004, 06:50 AM
A few ideas:

Put a pound of meat under the grill for a few minutes, whilst that's cooking steam some vegetables.

6 eggs scrambled with a pound of cauliflower/potato.

A pound of prawns stir-fried in oil with some spices and noodles

Minced beef fried with spices on tortillas

4 eggs scrambled with cream, milk, protein powder and herbs, served with spaghetti

Poached eggs on wholewheat bread with lean sausages

A joint of beef placed in a roasting tin on top of red onions sliced in half, roasted until medium-rare, served with a pound of mashed potatoes with butter, yorkshire puddings and steamed vegetables as above. And gravy.

Steak fried for 30 seconds each side, with peppercorn sauce, fried eggs and vegetables

And for Tuesday...

EviscerationX
08-23-2004, 05:18 PM
If you want to be real picky you could leave out the yolk of the egg, as it has cholesterol.This is true, but only matters if you have a cholesterol problem. The yolk of the egg has a lot of the essential aminos in it that you wouldn't wanna throw away. Whatever you prefer is best.

I know what you mean about the eggs thing. I can't even eat them anymore because they make me sick, but I force 'em down anyway.

Cookbooks (on this subject) are your friends.