PDA

View Full Version : gaining lean mass

scrutdada
08-22-2004, 06:40 PM
im sure this question has been asked a million times, so dont shoot me for being a newb, but is the key to gaining lean mass really just eating? im a former fat ass, at my peak i was 5'9'' and 210 pounds, but with the help of tons of cardio, eca stack, and lifting im down to 165 pounds. honestly, i look ok, but i need more muscle. but as a former fatty i still have a little fat left to lose (maybe 5-10 pounds) i am honestly afraid to consume tons of calories because i do not want to end up being a fat again, and since i am off the ECA stack, im even more concerned about a crash and just piling on more weight. i need some direction and enlightment. if i want to get up to say 175 pounds what are some things i can do? dont shoot me for being a noob, but ive read articles and they all say something different so just some general help on eating habits, lifting/cardio, and supplementation would be great.

Stray
08-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Eat clean and keep adding food until your gaining 1-2 pounds a week.

Key is eat CLEAN.

Manveet
08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Eating clean won't make a huge difference to be honest. I know this from first hand experience.

Calorie balance is much more important. Add calories slowly.

AllUp
08-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Yep. Cal intake is king.