PDA

View Full Version : better than peanut butter?

mattburns
08-23-2004, 04:42 AM
im struggling to reach my set amount of calories for bulking, so far the best source of calories i've found is peanut butter which is something like 700 cals per 100g.

are there any other foods as calorie rich as peanut butter? what other foods should i be eating to get up my calories?

thanks in advance

TheGimp
08-23-2004, 05:12 AM
(Olive) Oil

Ice cream

Pizza

Fast Food

Manveet
08-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Olive oil. A couple of table spoons has about 250 calories.

Ğragons
08-23-2004, 02:45 PM
im struggling to reach my set amount of calories for bulking, so far the best source of calories i've found is peanut butter which is something like 700 cals per 100g.

are there any other foods as calorie rich as peanut butter? what other foods should i be eating to get up my calories?

thanks in advance

get a meal replacer, it will have all the prot/carbs/fat u will need for a meal, and i think its 600 calories or so

EviscerationX
08-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah...meal replacements are a good idea. I take Muscle Milk, for protein and as a weight gainer...it has 638 calories in 2 small scoops, and I take that 2-3 times a day...so...

I love peanut butter sandwiches. I usually slop that stuff on a bagel with a glass of milk to get an assload of cals, protein, and carbs for energy. Peanut butter gets pretty gross after a while though...

mattburns
08-23-2004, 05:21 PM
cheers for the advice, im gonna get an MRP, if you look at my intake of food today on my journal http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mattbobbillburns it looks like im a bit unbalanced too :/ too much fat and not enough protein.

still not reaching my calorie quota :(

JustinASU
08-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Whaaaat? Natty PB does NOT get gross. I'll eat 800-1000 cals of it in a day on occasion.

AllUp
08-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Peanut butter gets pretty gross after a while though...
Heh, If I was stuck on an Island and could only bring 2 foods with me, It would be WW bread&PB, (assuming I was gonna die in a year and appearances didn't count) :)

I can totally live off the stuff.

mattburns
08-24-2004, 06:46 PM
would you guys say today was an ok day as far as eating goes? 4300 odd cals but quite an unbalance of carbs...

have a look and feel free to comment :) http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mattbobbillburns

Manveet
08-24-2004, 08:17 PM
would you guys say today was an ok day as far as eating goes? 4300 odd cals but quite an unbalance of carbs...

have a look and feel free to comment :) http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=mattbobbillburns

Looks fine. If you can handle carbs, then all is good. You could have made some better food choices, but that doesn't really make a huge difference anyway.

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 04:22 AM
iff yer needing to up the cals, just eat more eggs simple, i know guys who eat 12-15 a day egg whites :p and thats a nice lot of cals, with a sexy bit of protein