PDA

View Full Version : effects of eating lots of food at one time?

vegetapower
08-23-2004, 04:06 PM
when I cheat, I like to go to buffets like chinese and sushi and eat lots and lots of meat and meat dishes. I usually eat the normal 6 small meals a day on non cheat days. I am just wondering what the effects of my huge buffet eatings have on my metabolism?

fishbrains
08-23-2004, 04:08 PM
Wont do to much harm.. (if its only one day) It isnt going to ruin a whole cut, but i like to think it does haha. Just be sensitive about what your eating, and dont go crazy.

ecliptic
08-23-2004, 04:52 PM
eat like crazy one day a week, its fine. mmm sushi.

EviscerationX
08-23-2004, 05:21 PM
Don't get all hardcore with it though. If you just gorge yourself, your body can't properly digest all that food at once anyway...which is why you need to spread out your meals throughout the day, like you've been doing normally. Just because it's a cheat day doesn't mean you should stuff the crap out of your face...keep it the same as usual, just enjoy the things you've REALLY been craving.

IRN-BRU
08-24-2004, 05:49 PM
I like to think a big cheat day doesnt have too bad an effect, which is probably why I am not ripped.

It will help keep your metabolism up, but overdo it and it's probably going to stretch your stomach, and make you crave for more food in general.

All those calories go in, and they all count. Think about your weekly calorie intake, I think that's the key. 6 good days and 1 killer cheat day can undo all the hard work. eg. You're losing 1lb over 6 days, and overeat by 3000 cals, you'd almost break even.

TheGimp
08-25-2004, 08:00 AM
If you're on a cut, a big cheat like that can really help to stop your metabolism from slowing down.

If you just gorge yourself, your body can't properly digest all that food at once anyway
The body is very efficient and will process just about everything you give it.

furious
08-25-2004, 11:51 AM
You are what you eat.