PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a new eating plan????? Thoughts??

Geeper
08-23-2004, 05:04 PM
How's this for a new eating plan.. I want to keep the fat off but add muscle without the fat that usually goes along with bulking. I mean clean eating all the time.

My workout consists of 2 light days :clap: (high reps no cardio) 2 medium days :thumbup: (normal reps and heavy cardio) and then 2 heavy days :bang: (low reps light cardio) so here was my idea - 2000 cals on light days with 200 g of protien, 2500 on my medium days with 250 g of protien and 3000+ cals on my heavy days with a minimum of 300 g of protien. The next day in my cycle is off so I don'y know what I'd do on that day, probably go back to 2000 cals.

But overall what do you think? Would this just screw my metabolism right up or might it keep it guessing enough that it might work for just adding muscle.

mattburns
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
thats a really strange way of doing it, you'll be all over the place, stick to one of your choices, if you're bulking do ur heavy days :) p.s 300g of protein is a lot.

raniali
08-23-2004, 06:15 PM
actually i quite like calorie cycling myself. there is potential here - but i can't say whether these calories are right or not. that is something you will have to play with.

Vido
08-23-2004, 06:24 PM
The only thing I don't like about it is it seems that there's an implicit assumption that growth (or at least more growth) occurs on the heavy days...there's no reason you need more or less protein on certain days based on your training. When calorie cycling, a better idea is to keep protein constant (and usually fat too), but cycle carbs.