PDA

View Full Version : Protein shake indigestion NO MORE!! CURE!!

Talontsiawd
08-23-2004, 11:17 PM
Well finally. After Pepto Bismol, enzymes in pill form and all that crap I wasted my money on, who is it that gave me the magical answer to ending my stomach cramps? The guy at GNC.

It's simple, tasty and costs $1.09 per large can!

Pineapple! That's right pineapple! I decided to actually try it tonight and 1.5 hours later after taking my usual 30gram shake that would have me lying in bed waiting for the cramps to pass and farting like crazygonuts I feel FINE!

So happy !

All you have to lose is a buck! Try it!

Vido
08-23-2004, 11:44 PM
That's fine and dandy if you have room for all those carbs in your diet, but I certainly wouldn't want to be eating pineapple with every meal.

RichLockyer
08-23-2004, 11:45 PM
My buddy has had problems with IBS (personally, I just think it's lactose intolerance as we're getting past 40) and he complained about his protein drink making him feel "off".
I suggested mixing it with water instead of milk, and he hasn't had a problem since.

Mystic Eric
08-23-2004, 11:46 PM
That's fine and dandy if you have room for all those carbs in your diet, but I certainly wouldn't want to be eating pineapple with every meal.

lol what that guy said.

Just get some better protein. I'm lactose intolerant and I do fine with powders by Atlarge and Optimum Nutrition. I'm sure there's a bunch of others ones that are fine as well.

Talontsiawd
08-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Optimum Nutrition was the one that kicked my ass the worst.

Vido
08-23-2004, 11:54 PM

His point is to keep shopping around. A protein shake shouldn't cause you stomach discomfort (especially at only 30g of protein). Some may not agree with you, but there's got to be others that don't.

HemiVision
08-24-2004, 11:40 AM

That's weird... I was under the impression that ON contains more WPI as opposed to WPC, making it easier on the digestive system.

Mystic Eric
08-24-2004, 01:42 PM
That's weird... I was under the impression that ON contains more WPI as opposed to WPC, making it easier on the digestive system.

Not only that, but ON adds (or so they say) digestive enzymes that help digest the small amounts of lactose that they have...

Vido
08-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Not only that, but ON adds (or so they say) digestive enzymes that help digest the small amounts of lactose that they have...

It's called aminogen...they don't add much though...only 10mg. I forget what other kind of protein it was I was using that had 100mg/serving instead.