PDA

View Full Version : Arnold at 19

Silverback
08-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey Guys, thought id post up some pics from my new arnold DVD. The Pics are snapshots from video footage of Arnold Posing in the UK (1966)

I was simply blown away with the size and quality of muscle Arnold possessed, nobody comes close!!!!

Enjoy :D

Silverback
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
3 mo'

Joe Usher
08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Do you think those pictures are before he started using steroids?

galileo
08-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I would highly doubt it.

SalahG
08-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Do you think those pictures are before he started using steroids?
No, but back then, the Body Builder's of the day didn't use near the dosage's they use now. You're talking about 1/10 of the drugs the pro's use now. Plus, juice isn't the miracle drug people make it out to be, diet and training still go a much longer way.

galileo
08-24-2004, 12:47 PM
+ genetics.

Joe Usher
08-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Steroids or not he is amazing! As a kid growing up in the 70's everyone in my neighborhood wanted to look like Arnold or Lou Ferrigno. Hell I still would want to look like that and I am 38!

IdaMAN
08-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Lou Ferrigno apparenty is still pretty big.

AzBboy
08-24-2004, 02:30 PM
HOLY HELL nice pics man thanx for sharing! what dvd are those from by the way? id love to buy myself a copy.

Silverback
08-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Its called 'Arnold The Early Years' you can get it from: www.gmv.com.au

Its covers posing at 19 (about 20mins worth!!!) some at 23 with Franco, then the rest is posing in contests at his Universe and Oly comps up until his last one 1980. There is also footage of arnold at Fibo, Arnold Classic etc...

The pictures dont do him full justice!! ive watched the posing at 19 about 20 times now lol, just can't get over it. The size he possesses and the control over his muscles is just phenominal. Who cares whether he used AAS? I dont care who you are, no amount of drugs can make up for the genetics of Arnold.

geoffgarcia
08-24-2004, 02:41 PM
juice isn't the miracle drug people make it out to be, diet and training still go a much longer way.its been a miracle drug for everyone that I've known thats used...

brent
08-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Lou Ferrigno apparenty is still pretty big.

I just saw a picture of him in Flex flexing for someone...he was tiny.

Gabrielle
08-24-2004, 04:04 PM
wow...amazing

IdaMAN
08-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I just saw a picture of him in Flex flexing for someone...he was tiny.

He looked pretty big on the Pumping Iron DVD. the extras had them all together to talk about the movie and relive old times. he was a lot bigger than Arnold.

SalahG
08-24-2004, 06:09 PM
its been a miracle drug for everyone that I've known thats used...
lol, and every pro body builder, football player, and boxer that used that I've talked with said it isn't. Training+Diet+Genetic's go much farther, otherwise anyone who used would be in the pro's in any athletic contest that require's great amount of strength/size/aggression.

geoffgarcia
08-24-2004, 11:10 PM
every pro body builder, football player, and boxer that used that I've talked with said it isn't.
Training+Diet+Genetic's go much farther, otherwise anyone who used would be in the pro's in any athletic contest that require's great amount of strength/size/aggression.:rolleyes: are you joking?
I didn't say it gear would turn joe shmoe into the next Mike Tyson, Arnold, or Emitt Smith

OBVIOUSLY gear alone isn't a replacement for natural ability in a sport.
However the ability to rapidly put on muscle, and to train at higher levels IS worthy of the term "miracle"

hell, just go read some olympic news...DOZENS of athletes have been busted this year alone, do you think they'd take that risk if those drugs didn't do anything?!

And how many pro football, bodybuilding, track, baseball, boxing, cycling, etc athletes do you think have never done juice?
You seem to have conviction in your belief so I'm not going to bother trying to convince you otherwise.

All things being equal (diet, dedication, ability, genetics) gear will breed a superior athlete.

SalahG
08-24-2004, 11:37 PM
right...and how many pro football/bodybuilder/boxers have never used :rolleyes:

Gaining 1 year worth of muscle in 2 months constitutes a miracle drug IMHO.
OBVIOUSLY that alone isn't going to make joe shmoe into the next Mike Tyson as you seem to think I said
All of the pro's I've talked have USED, and said their heart and determination, along with proper training and diet were much more important. You can't gain a years worth of muscle in 2 months with out good training and diet. Go and do a gram a week of Test, but eat donut's all day, and go to the gym and do curls and leg extension's and see how good you look after that.

vkefi
08-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks for sharing :D

Insane amount of muscle being 19years old.!

SalahG
08-25-2004, 01:08 AM
read above, I was editing it (per El's instructions) and missed that you had posted
We're arguing over two different things, and terminology is all. We both think juice can give you the same amount of advantage, I just don't like to use the word 'miracle' with it, more like 'awesome', I'd say it was a miracle if I could do the drugs with out any sort of side effect, that would mean miracle for me.

I was just trying to say that genetics+diet+training should be the first on your priorities list. You agreed.

So basically, arguing over two different things, and terminology. There, all said and done :)

SalahG
08-25-2004, 01:10 AM
:rolleyes: are you joking?
I didn't say it gear would turn joe shmoe into the next Mike Tyson, Arnold, or Emitt Smith

OBVIOUSLY gear alone isn't a replacement for natural ability in a sport.
However the ability to rapidly put on muscle, and to train at higher levels IS worthy of the term "miracle"

hell, just go read some olympic news...DOZENS of athletes have been busted this year alone, do you think they'd take that risk if those drugs didn't do anything?!

And how many pro football, bodybuilding, track, baseball, boxing, cycling, etc athletes do you think have never done juice?
You seem to have conviction in your belief so I'm not going to bother trying to convince you otherwise.

All things being equal (diet, dedication, ability, genetics) gear will breed a superior athlete.
I wasn't trying to say that, you read my posts wrong or something. I was trying to say that I've talked with professional athlete's that DO juice, and that say training and diet are the first things, than juice comes third. Never said anything about them not juicing.

XfRuStErAtEdDX
08-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Arnold hit his peak really when he was 19 dude. He was on steroids all his bb career. I grew up learning about Arnold cause Arnold was my dads hero. My dads goal was just to resemble him. Everyone in the gym called him Arnold, cause anything my dad said about bb was talked about in relation to arnold. Oh well, but my dad would watch pumping iron all the time over and over, so I became fond of arnold, and what I can remember of the movie. When Arnold would shoot his cycle he would shoot it in his biceps and triceps if he was doing arms that day and chest and back if he was doing his chest and back, and so forth. I don't really know if it made a difference, but I'm sure phsychologically it did.

Also I just recently bought a book that was made back when arnold was still competing and the best, its called IRONMANS encyclopedia of body building. Arnold plays a huge role in this book. Its like a book that was written by all the bb philosophers, and all the best body builders, Arnold shows how he curls, and just everything he did. I just recently tried it out in the gym. He said that when you curl dumbells curl them with a loose grip kind of actually let the dumbell hang in your palm, and when you get near the top of the curl grip the dumbell on the way up and squeeze it at the top. I've put them in my workout no doubt. Just something I'd like to share so if you want go head and try it, I mean it even just sounds like it will work, let alone when you try it... the feeling.

SalahG
08-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Arnold hit his peak really when he was 19 dude. He was on steroids all his bb career. I grew up learning about Arnold cause Arnold was my dads hero. My dads goal was just to resemble him. Everyone in the gym called him Arnold, cause anything my dad said about bb was talked about in relation to arnold. Oh well, but my dad would watch pumping iron all the time over and over, so I became fond of arnold, and what I can remember of the movie. When Arnold would shoot his cycle he would shoot it in his biceps and triceps if he was doing arms that day and chest and back if he was doing his chest and back, and so forth. I don't really know if it made a difference, but I'm sure phsychologically it did.

Also I just recently bought a book that was made back when arnold was still competing and the best, its called IRONMANS encyclopedia of body building. Arnold plays a huge role in this book. Its like a book that was written by all the bb philosophers, and all the best body builders, Arnold shows how he curls, and just everything he did. I just recently tried it out in the gym. He said that when you curl dumbells curl them with a loose grip kind of actually let the dumbell hang in your palm, and when you get near the top of the curl grip the dumbell on the way up and squeeze it at the top. I've put them in my workout no doubt. Just something I'd like to share so if you want go head and try it, I mean it even just sounds like it will work, let alone when you try it... the feeling.
Arnold did not hit his peak when he was nineteen man, he hit his peak around his second olympia title.

BigNic
08-25-2004, 01:27 PM
salah beat me to it

mega
08-27-2004, 04:36 PM
They give steroids to animals, who don't do **** but eat grass, and these ****ing animals grow to be much bigger.

Someone tell these cows that their diet and workout plan is much more important than those steriods making them almost twice the size of a normal cow.

HahnB
08-27-2004, 05:28 PM
His shoulders back and arms are massive. I'm not sure if it's the pic, but I think his quads are lacking compared to his upper body. Chase's blow them away in that pic. Arnies legs look better from the side in most pics I've seen. Perhaps his hamstrings over-power his quads, or it's just that particular picture.

SalahG
08-27-2004, 06:32 PM
They give steroids to animals, who don't do **** but eat grass, and these ****ing animals grow to be much bigger.

Someone tell these cows that their diet and workout plan is much more important than those steriods making them almost twice the size of a normal cow.
WORST point ever.

galileo
08-28-2004, 07:18 PM
WORST point ever.

lol, agreed.

Big J
08-29-2004, 03:01 AM
WORST point ever.

LMAO! I also agree.

So I geuss we're gettin termed as animals now huh?

mega
08-29-2004, 04:34 PM
The cows I talked to said it was a great point, however they insisted that it's their hard work and dedication of standing still and eating grass with much more intensity than the lazy ass cows that causes them to grow twice the size of them, not the steroi....

Wait, when I used the word steroids around the cows, they all laughed and called me a newbie. I've learned to call it "gear" since.

SalahG
08-29-2004, 04:46 PM
The cows I talked to said it was a great point, however they insisted that it's their hard work and dedication of standing still and eating grass with much more intensity than the lazy ass cows that causes them to grow twice the size of them, not the steroi....

Wait, when I used the word steroids around the cows, they all laughed and called me a newbie. I've learned to call it "gear" since.
What's the point you're trying to make here lol? I think you are a little out of your league on this one buddy.

IdaMAN
08-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Come on, his point is pretty clear. He is trying to say that roids will make you big even if you do nothing and don't work out and look like a cow, sheesh. How could you miss his point?

SalahG
08-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Come on, his point is pretty clear. he is trying to say that roid will make you big ever if you do nothing and don't work out and look like a cow, sheesh. How could you miss his point?
OHHH, wow, now I see, he must be some sort of genious.

mega
08-29-2004, 09:03 PM
What's the point you're trying to make hear?

Sorry to hear about your hearing problem.

SalahG
08-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your hearing problem.
Last I heard, you didn't need to be able to hear, to read the internet.

Slim Schaedle
08-29-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm willing to bet he's jabbing you for improper grammar.
"What's the point you're trying to make hear"
It's "here," not "hear"
No offense, but I see things like this more and more nowadays in various places and I don't understand it.

IdaMAN
08-29-2004, 11:01 PM
I can explain. They are what I call "Thinkos". You think one thing and end up typing another.

XfRuStErAtEdDX
08-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Now that I think of it I stand corrected, he didn't hit his peak when he was 19. I was thinking about when I read this book it said that when he hit his peak he had 19 inch arms during contest.

geoffgarcia
08-30-2004, 11:27 AM

I liked it :hide:

Rock
09-01-2004, 03:51 PM
andy, put up more pics, from the DVD, please!

Silverback
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
andy, put up more pics, from the DVD, please!

No probs, here's some posing at 23 with Franco Columbo. I'll get more up, it just takes a little time. Some everyday or something :)

Silverback
09-02-2004, 01:24 PM
4 more :)

Rock
09-02-2004, 03:00 PM
thank you man! there is one scene in that dvd, where arnold is his biggest, I am not sure, but I think it is some guest posing from 1972, you just notice that he is heavier and bigger, if you know what I mean, could you snap from that scene too?

thanks again!

Silverback
09-02-2004, 03:14 PM
no worries, i'll have them up for tommorow. I gotta go sleep, at work in 5 hours!

GrumpyTX
09-03-2004, 10:31 AM

That is a bunch of bull. It was bound to be nothing but water retention.

I have proof. My natural beef hamburger stayed the same size when grilled but my steroid fed beef shrunk to almost nothing. :p

Take it lightly.

smalls
09-03-2004, 11:13 AM
No, but back then, the Body Builder's of the day didn't use near the dosage's they use now. You're talking about 1/10 of the drugs the pro's use now. Plus, juice isn't the miracle drug people make it out to be, diet and training still go a much longer way.

Very few people know the doses in the past versus present. Arnold was an extremist in every sense, there is no reason to beleive he took it mildly when it came to steroid use.

Pat Samos
09-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Very few people know the doses in the past versus present. Arnold was an extremist in every sense, there is no reason to beleive he took it mildly when it came to steroid use.

True, infact, if anyone has the Pumping Iron 25th Anniversary Special Edition DVD; Arnold explains in a interview how open and frequent steroid use was back in their time. Virtually everybody was doing it like nothing, all the time, and it was completely legal aswel, and they were also very open about it.

Exnor
09-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Arnold's genetics are unbelievable, I agree with big-ron about his earlier comments.

SalahG
09-04-2004, 02:58 AM
Yikes man. Do your reading. An average cycle back then was 30 mg Dbol/Day, with some Primo. VERY low dosed compared to today's standard's, back than, that was a ton of gear. Just because it was talked about openly, and a lot of people were using, doesn't mean that it was taking at today's rates.

miss_alvaro
09-04-2004, 04:15 AM
Arnie is amazing, I've read he began using roids at the age of 14.. Dianabol!

BCC
09-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Yikes man. Do your reading. An average cycle back then was 30 mg Dbol/Day, with some Primo. VERY low dosed compared to today's standard's, back than, that was a ton of gear. Just because it was talked about openly, and a lot of people were using, doesn't mean that it was taking at today's rates.

LOL Please.

30mgs of dbol a day and some primo and you turn out like arnold?

Try 3 grams of test.

When dianabol hit the scene, people knew it worked. Health risks were virtually unknown and/or ignored. So more was better. I've seen an interview where Sergio stated taking hundreds of milligrams of dianabol. And some more.

Jasonl
09-04-2004, 12:49 PM
LOL Please.

Try 3 grams of test.

When dianabol hit the scene, people knew it worked. Health risks were virtually unknown and/or ignored. So more was better. I've seen an interview where Sergio stated taking hundreds of milligrams of dianabol. And some more.Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Hell, if that were the case, we'd have a lot more Ahnuld's walking around.

Bigwhiteboy123
09-04-2004, 03:15 PM
what yall dont do THAT MUCH dbol? i run a gram of dbol per day... :clap: :bash: :hump: :nod: :thumbup: :shoot:

SalahG
09-05-2004, 09:09 AM
LOL Please.

Try 3 grams of test.

When dianabol hit the scene, people knew it worked. Health risks were virtually unknown and/or ignored. So more was better. I've seen an interview where Sergio stated taking hundreds of milligrams of dianabol. And some more.
I don't believe that at all. How could they be taking all that test when there were almost no PCT drugs out, and from what I know, no Anti-Aromtase drugs? He'd have DD's.

By the way, great genetics, hard work, and some drugs make you like Arnie. He wasn't as big as the pro's today, but did look better than the pro's today, which tells me he wasn't nearly on the same amount of drugs back then.

BCC
09-05-2004, 10:47 AM
I know nolvadex has been around for well over twenty years. Everyone doesn't get gyno anyhow. I've used plenty of stuff before with no anti-a's or e's with no problems at all.

Drugs were just as abused back then as they are now. There are just more choices currently.

Beast
09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I don't believe that at all. How could they be taking all that test when there were almost no PCT drugs out, and from what I know, no Anti-Aromtase drugs? He'd have DD's.
Why would the fact that there were no PCT drugs out make them not take boatloads of AAS??? No one knew **** about them back then. They tried everything in excessive amounts. Wouldn't you do the same if you were at the top, like Arnold?

SalahG
09-05-2004, 11:28 AM
I know nolvadex has been around for well over twenty years. Everyone doesn't get gyno anyhow. I've used plenty of stuff before with no anti-a's or e's with no problems at all.

Drugs were just as abused back then as they are now. There are just more choices currently.
Maybe you're right. But one thing I do have to say is that Arnold's day's were the 60's and 70's, he was done with bodybuilding 20 years ago, and was on to movies full time.

SalahG
09-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Why would the fact that there were no PCT drugs out make them not take boatloads of AAS??? No one knew **** about them back then. They tried everything in excessive amounts. Wouldn't you do the same if you were at the top, like Arnold?
Just saying that someone would of noticed some big time side effect's from being on so much juice with out an anti-e or anti-a, but I could be wrong if there is a large percentage of people that don't get any side effect's.

BigMatt
09-05-2004, 03:48 PM
why debating over this? We will never know... forget about that...

SalahG
09-05-2004, 05:15 PM
why debating over this? We will never know... forget about that...
Why do you care?

BigMatt
09-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Why do you care?Why do you?

SalahG
09-06-2004, 06:37 AM
Why do you?
I care about the debate for my own knowledge and personal satisfaction knowing what the pro's of yesterday were using. Contribute to the conversation, or leave please.

Bigwhiteboy123
09-06-2004, 10:46 PM
an old guy at the gym said he use to take womens birth control as Post therapy...or while on something of that sort... i dunno what im talking about i just remember him stating something like that... he lifted in 60s and 70s

JSully
09-07-2004, 01:50 AM
an old guy at the gym said he use to take womens birth control as Post therapy...or while on something of that sort... i dunno what im talking about i just remember him stating something like that... he lifted in 60s and 70s

WTF??? How's that work? Womens hormones would cause you to make MORE estrogen wouldn't it? :confused: :scratch:

EviscerationX
09-07-2004, 02:04 AM
Arnie is amazing, I've read he began using roids at the age of 14.. Dianabol!He started bodybuilding at 15, not 14...

Bigwhiteboy123
09-07-2004, 06:10 PM
WTF??? How's that work? Womens hormones would cause you to make MORE estrogen wouldn't it? :confused: :scratch:
yah id think so? hes a crazy old man..

RickTheDestroyer
09-07-2004, 06:22 PM
In reference to the crap about giving juice to cows- meat cows undoubtedly have incredible genetics for gaining muscle easily. They have been genetically altered through selective breeding practices for hundreds of years. More muscle equals more meat, so of course cows have been bred with that goal in mind for a very long time. This sort of selective pressure is why cows build muscle easily while doing nothing if you give them steroids- they build muscle relatively easily without steroid enhancement as well.

BigNic
09-07-2004, 07:16 PM
evisceration, thats a cool pic on your avatar of zane.

EviscerationX
09-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Thanks...I tried looking for a pic of him where he was off-season and bulky as hell. He's the whole reason I started bodybuilding...

Rock
09-08-2004, 05:22 AM
hey andy, feel free to post more pictures anytime man! hehe, just nagging on you man!

Silverback
09-08-2004, 01:27 PM
hey andy, feel free to post more pictures anytime man! hehe, just nagging on you man!

heheh no worries, you should of got me on MSN :)

Hopefully these pics won't dissapoint, trust me they wont!!!! :D

Silverback
09-08-2004, 01:30 PM
Damn these pics are so awe inspiring, i mean just imagine what it would of been like to see him in the flesh!!! jesus that would of been incredible :)

I'll post more on request, i.e. certain poses etc... Some of the footage is a little poor on quality, so i apologise in adavance. Arnold is the man.

Rock
09-08-2004, 03:20 PM
god damn......thanx andy!

What do you guys think, with that upperbody, could he be pro today? I mean just judging from the upperbody in those last shots? Could he cut it at the nationals?

BigNic
09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
he definetly looks good in those pics. BTW, if anyone does have any pics of zane bulked in the off season id like to see them. Ive heard he was actually lighter in the off season than comp time. Lol. Dont make much sense

Rock
09-08-2004, 03:58 PM
that is correct, he became lighter, for some reason, hehe.

galileo
09-08-2004, 04:33 PM
wow.

EviscerationX
09-09-2004, 12:02 AM

EviscerationX
09-09-2004, 12:04 AM

EviscerationX
09-09-2004, 12:08 AM

EviscerationX
09-09-2004, 12:18 AM

EviscerationX