PDA

View Full Version : Miss ABS!

David
02-17-2001, 02:40 PM
Hi, I need some advice!

I've got this whole new diet all set, except for my 10am meal which I eat at work.

At 10am I drink a protein shake containing 55g of it...but I read that you shouldnt drink or eat protein all by itself because your body will use if for energy.

So, my question is what kind of carbs or what should i add to the protein drink? I thought about flax seed oil, but what else??

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-17-2001, 05:42 PM
Your body would only use it for energy if you have had no other carbs or fat that morning (which i doubt - breakfast should be one of the days largest meals).

Drink it with milk and get about 20-30g of carbs with it. And between 10-20g of fat depending on what kind you drink (skimmed or semi-skimmed or full fat even!)

Wizard
02-18-2001, 01:33 AM
You can find something to add,but whatever you add,don't use maltodextrine(like all the Mrp's).You can have a sandwich with whole wheat bread or something like that..

David
02-21-2001, 01:13 PM
hey, Daddy - I decided to stop drinking milk forever because I dont think its a good source of protein, especially with 12g of sugar for every 8g of protein!!!

Heres why:

4 glasses of milk - 32g protein, 48g sugar!!!
1 can tuna - 32g protein, 0g sugar!!!
:D

Alpha - the sandwhich sounds alright but I was hoping I could just add something to the shake!!

Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm still waiting for Miss Abs' reply though - I think she is ignoring me 'cause I ****ed her off by saying that "thermos" arent important or something like that.
I'm sowwy!!!!
:(

Behemouth
02-21-2001, 02:02 PM
alpha, why is it bad to add maltodextrin to your shake?

Buff
02-23-2001, 12:33 AM
why are you using so much protein? If you are looking for the calories, lower your protein intake and add some natural peanut butter in there. The fat from the PB is good and will be used for energy along with the small amount of carbs that are in there.

MissAbs
02-23-2001, 08:22 AM
Tripple
I never heard that you should not have protein by alone.... if you need the protein calories, eat them.

Although, I am willing to bet that you have some carbs planned for your day or some fat so I have to question why you would use a meal and only use just a protein source.

I am not sure how, after your attack on me, you are really expecting me to give you good answers, not even sure why I answered at all.

If the future if you would like me to acknowledge your exisistence at all. I would suggest an apology to me and your attitude towards me get directed in a more positive manner.

Never, never bite the hand that feeds you.

(I must have been hot when I wrote this- How to tell if MissAbs really wrote the post.---- more than 10 spelling and grammer errors..)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2001, 10:39 AM
"Never, never bite the hand that feeds you"

Oh miss abs you're brutal. I like it. Marry me?:)

MissAbs
02-23-2001, 11:10 AM
If that is you in the picture and you can cook... you have a deal......

Giggling even a green card by the looks......

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-23-2001, 12:08 PM
I can cook chicken to perfection, rice, poatoes (anyway you want 'um!), a good ole' bowl of oatmeal (poridge to me) and a killer beans on toast!

And a full slap-up english breakie for after big contests:).

Do i get the job?...

Oh, and of course it's me in the picture. Who else would it be?....:)

MissAbs
02-23-2001, 12:41 PM
Laughingl...yep guess so. You life will be easy considering I never eat that many carbs in a month...

Better write for directions.....

Can ya swim?
;)

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2001, 05:57 AM
If you comply with my standards in the general chat then you can bet your bottom dollar i'll swim!:)

MissAbs
02-24-2001, 07:30 AM
I think you should lift you own dam weights..AND you are suppose to cook (remember that was the deal)

;)

Change your nick Swimmer........

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2001, 07:34 AM
Oh alright then, you've twisted my arm. I will do the cooking. And if you insist, i will lift the ocassional weight :).

Ok, so when do we get 'jiggy wit it'?:D

MissAbs
02-24-2001, 07:37 AM
How fast do you swim?

LOL.....

We better take this soap, to email or the Hulky boy is going to give us the boot...

The_Chicken_Daddy
02-24-2001, 07:42 AM
Hahahaha....