PDA

View Full Version : My before pictures

Mr. ?
08-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Well I decided to get rolling on this and post some pics. These were actually taken 2 1/2 years ago. I weighed 132 lbs. That's right, I said 132. I didn't take any pics right before I recently started working out. I am in the middle of my 6th week of weight training (I started "bulking" 12 weeks ago). Believe it or not I only weighed in at a whopping 135 lbs before I started eating more heavily so that is why I am posting these pictures. 3 lbs isn't going to look like much more on this frame. Anyway these are my motivation pictures. I actually laugh at them when I see them and can't believe I have gone this long without doing something about it. So this is where I am at now, doing something about it.

Not really looking for any specific critiquing since it's obvious what I need to work on. THE WHOLE THING! He He. However comments are welcome. And if you absolutely cannot refrain from making the comment "Damn, you are skinny!" Please follow it up with a few words of encouragement. :D I know I have a looooooooong way to go but I am determined. My ultimate goal is to reach 175 lbs. Enjoy!

sublime99
08-24-2004, 06:26 PM
:burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger:

mattburns
08-24-2004, 07:25 PM
good luck :)

im at a similar stage as you, im hoping to get some before pics of me up soon. i hope you stick at it, and if you will you will succeed and be skinny no more :D

edge-man
08-25-2004, 05:43 AM
Good luck man, thats EXACTLY where I was at just over a year and a half ago! Keep workin at it :thumbup:

BIG C
08-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Stick with it!! Good Luck Bro!!

Mr. ?
08-25-2004, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys. I am actually about 13 lbs heavier now than I was when these shots were taken since I started eating and now started training. I'm not trying to rush myself right from the get go because I know it is going to take some time anyway. Just trying to keep a mental focus and take my positive results and turn them into motivation. I have tried lifting in the past but I would get sick or something and then not get back into it. I am looking at this as a change of lifestyle and not just some pastime so nothing should ever permanantely get in the way. I think this is where many people falter in their goals. They have the wrong viewpoint of what they are doing and why they are doing it. If you make it part of your life then almost nothing can get in the way. I will be posting some progress pictures probably in about 6 weeks. This will conclude the 12 weeks I am going use the WBB1 routine and then onto changing it up a bit and hitting it hard. Thanks again for any and all support, it really makes this time in my life more enjoyable and helps motivate.
:strong:

Herc
08-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Think protein and compound movements (Bench, Squat, Deads)

Actually you have a pretty good frame to build on. Your hips are narrow and your shoulders are respectibly wide for 6'1". Once you put on some LBM your hip / shoulder structure is gonna give you one hell of a V-taper.

Good luck! Keep us updated.

:thumbup:

mattburns
08-25-2004, 03:41 PM
i look forward to seein your progress :) hopefully ill progress too lol.

keep it up.

skinny no more
08-25-2004, 06:11 PM
keep it up, post some recent pics?

SkinnyFat
08-25-2004, 11:18 PM
yeah I feel you man, Its hard for me to get big too.. I'm tired of being skinny! Do you have any recent pics to show progress?

I was at 150 a year and a half ago and now im at 175. after a bit of pig bulking. I'll race you to 185-190lbs ;)

Mr. ?
10-06-2004, 07:21 PM
Well I am finishing up my 12th week of the WBB1 routine. I have done quite well I think. Still look skinny as heck but I have till the beginning of next week to gain 1 more lb to have gained a total of 10 lbs in the last 3 months. A lot of hard work and a lot of eating but I am pleased. I think I could have pushed myself a little harder with the weights but as I have mentioned before I didn't want to do too much too soon. I think now that I am more familiar with the excersises and know my limits, I am ready to "hit it hard". I am very proud of myself for the fact that I only missed 2 workouts for the entire duration and this was because I got sick, lost my appetite and all that fun stuff. Overall I have never had so much fun lifting and actuall enjoy it. Probably because I finaly figured out why I am doing it. Anyway I will hopefully be posting some pictures after the beginning of next week so check back to see an ever so slightly larger ME. :nod:

Relentless
10-21-2004, 07:23 AM
don't be afraid to push yourself with the lifting so long as you keep good form

progression (lifting more, lifting heavier) is how you grow, dude.

Mr. ?
10-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Well I took more pictures last night. I was actually able to find the same boxers from 3 years ago to pose in, sad, sad, sad... Anyway I know there doesn't appear to be any massive gains, just as well they weren't expected but I as well as my wife can see some improvement, that makes me feel good. I have noticed the most "gain" in my upper leg and upper chest/shoulder area. Take a look and tell me what you think. Thanks guys and gals. :nod:

ryuage
10-25-2004, 07:13 AM
definite improvement from 3 years ago, Ill give you that :)

akomabutisakama
10-25-2004, 07:26 AM
i say u just got tanner

Mr. ?
10-25-2004, 07:45 AM
Remeber too that I weighed and looked the same only 3 1/2 months ago as in the first set of pics I posted. I used these pictures from 3 years ago because I didn't take any right before I started back in late July and they were a perfect representation of my current appearance. I only mention this because I want people to know that It didn't take me 3 years for this small improvement. Thanks for the compliment RYUAGE, I have changed up my routine and and am hitting it hard now. Yes I did get tanner too (going on vacation in January and don't want to be brighter than the sun) but beleive it or not there are 10 more lbs under that tan :cool:

chris6969
10-25-2004, 08:45 AM
Where did you get your BF% ? Just curious, b/c I've seen 5% BF people and you can see almost every striation in their muscles at 5%.... I know you didnt have a lot of muscle for it to show... but I think you were probably 7-8% and now 8-9%, just my opinion from looking at pics.

Just b/c 5-6% is pretty much shredded.

Good progress, though, I'm going to get out my old pictures (need to scan them)....

from when I was 6' 130lbs.... vs my heaviest at 198lbs.... vs. now at 180lbs. (current avatar pic)

Mr. ?
10-25-2004, 11:51 AM
I got my Bf% from my digital scale at home. Most likely not perfectly accurate. I would say my readouts are an average within a few percent. You are probably correct in your visual estimate. I have been looking for someone on this site who is my height with pictures and you are the closest I have found. Better yet you say you started around 130 which I did also. Your avatar pic is awesome. How long have you been at it to get to 180? My personal goal is 175. I would love to see your before and after pics. Get them up so we can see.

txterry
10-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Youve improved for sure .. just keep it up and ramp up the effort.

chris6969
10-25-2004, 12:30 PM
I got my Bf% from my digital scale at home. Most likely not perfectly accurate. I would say my readouts are an average within a few percent. You are probably correct in your visual estimate. I have been looking for someone on this site who is my height with pictures and you are the closest I have found. Better yet you say you started around 130 which I did also. Your avatar pic is awesome. How long have you been at it to get to 180? My personal goal is 175. I would love to see your before and after pics. Get them up so we can see.

I was planning to do it anyway, (scan all my old polaroids) so I'll try to do it tonight. You will see an amazing transformation. Especially the side shots... OMG!

I started working out about 11 years ago at 130lbs. I was up to 180 in 5 years.... about 10lbs/year for the 1st 5 years. Then I've leveled off since then. I think I've hit my natural limit as far as benchpress is concerned.

I did lose a lot of weight 3 years ago when I was in a car accident and broke & dislocated my left femur. I did AAS afterwards to get back to where I was before the accident faster & speed up rehab.

But basically have stayed exactly where I left off. 180-195lbs bodyweight, and 300-325lbs bench depending on body weight (natural).

Key thing in the beginning was sticking to the basics... I worked out like a powerlifter. Bench press(incline & flat/decline), military presses, deadlifts, squats... simple power exercises to bulk. plus other exercise... but focus on the simple movements.

pudzian
10-25-2004, 12:33 PM
Just curious whats your diet like, a lot of skinny people ask me how I put on weight I tell em you gotta eat a lot, they tell me I do, then I ask them what they eat and they come out with maddnes like 2 bowls of cereal, 2 weight gain shakes, 2 bigmacs and a carrot. Not dissin you, I know you aint that stupid, but you wouldnt believe the **** some people come out with, one of my favourites is why dont you just get fat and turn it into muscle.
By the way you have improved but I dought its noticable with clothes on.

Mr. ?
10-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Well I try to consume around 3000 calories a day. I was taking a weight gainer for the first 2 1/2 months but then decided I didn't want to take in all that sugar. I then went to At Large Opticen. It is a little harder to get the calories since this is a meal replacement rather than a weight gainer but it is much better for you. I eat a minimum of 6 meals a day at about 500cal each. I will eat a 7th meal before bed if I am short. Breakfast is usually a combination of any of the following: bowl of Mini Wheats w/2% milk, banana, egg whites w/ tortillas, yogurt, toast w/PB. Meal 2 is usually a burrito and cottage cheese and some wheat thins or peanuts. Meal 3 is Opticen shake with 2 cups of 2% milk. Meal 4 is a Myoplex RTD with sometimes steak, hamburger, or some sort of pasta left over. Meal 5 is pre-workout and is whatever the wife cooks or I scrounge up. Meal 6 is a post-workout protein shake. Then I will sometimes eat before I go to bed. Again, these meals are around 500 cal and vary depending on what I have on hand. I stay away from fast food and carbonated beverages almost altogether.

You're right about it not showing up with clothes on. Guess I'll just have to walk around naked :omg: