PDA

View Full Version : Engines Of Creation

FrenchTickler
08-24-2004, 08:18 PM
So it begins; the epic log of a boy, embarking on a journey through college, lifting, work, and music. Hopefully at the end of the protracted tunnel of the next 4 months filled with pain and joy, I will have reached the glory laden victory of becoming a man. I donít know how other journals go, but since it IS a journal, I plan on portraying my personal life (school, work, relationships) as well as my weightlifting and diet for all of you to indulge in.

First off I should probably tell you a little about myself. My name is Ryan; Iím a 19 year old sophomore at Kettering University. Iím currently 5í10Ē 165-170lbs (Iíll find out the exact tomorrow). Some of my hobbies are playing electric guitar, computer gaming, lifting weights, and partying. And singleÖÖ..lol.

37 days until I move back to school. 37 days of preparation for the long haul of fall term. 37 days left of eating all the free food I want at my dadís house. 37 days. So it beginsÖ..shall we? Okay.

Tomorrow is chest and lower abs day. Itís going to look kind of like this:

Chest

Flat BB bench press 3 sets with an 8/6/4 pyramid
Flat DB press 3 sets with an 8/6/4 pyramid
Flat cable flies 3 sets of 8

Abs:
Hanging leg raises with weight rope attached to feet 5 sets of 8

Itís going to be a rough start, but thatís the only way to start. Iíve got no eggs tomorrow for breakfast and my protein powder wonít be here till 5-6 pm because ups is delivering itÖ.itís going to be a good day.

Ryan

FrenchTickler
08-25-2004, 06:56 AM
Woke up at quarter to eight today feeling pretty good. Headache is gone from last night. Had breakfast at 8.

2 cups skim milk 180 cals 0g fat 26g carb 18g protien
5 slices extra lean turkey bacon 100 cals 2.5g fat 0g carb 15g protien
2 slices WW bread 200 cals 4g fat 42g carb 8g protien
1 pkg grits w/ half cup skim milk 145 cals 0g fat 28.5 g carb 6.5g protien

625 cals 6.5g fat 96.5g carb 37.5g protien

I was scrounging around for food and I couldn't find anything. I know I probably need more cals then that, but thats as good as I could do for this morning.

FrenchTickler
08-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Well, I lifted at around 10 this morning.

Flat bench: 8x155, 6x165, 2x175
Incline bb press: 8x55, 8x55, 8x55
Inlcine flies: 8x35, 8x35, 8x35

Hanging leg raises

I was pretty dissapointed that I couldn't get the last 2 reps on the bench press, although I didn't think I was going to get any. My tub of protein hasn't arrived yet, so the best I could do was some extra lean turkey bacon right after wards.

So, one of my ex-girlfriends im's me this morning. I really didn't feel like talking, and she asked me if I wanted to eat lunch with her and her mom. I really didn't want to at all, but I ended up saying yes, just because I guess I don't like dissapointing people, and she would have been dissapointed if I didn't go. I guess I need to excercise my "NO" muscle next ;). We ended up eating chinese. I just got the chicken and rice to keep it as healthy as possible. I guess it wasn't that bad, but I really don't feel like doing it again, although she got my cell phone number so I fear for the worst.

Ryan

FrenchTickler
08-25-2004, 03:19 PM
WOOOHOOO!!! The protein has finally arrived. I got some ON 100% Whey Vanilla from Bulk Nutrition/1Fast400. They also gave me a shaker and 2 promo mags, very impressive. I can't wait to order more from them in about a month (creatine/arginine/multivitimin/more protein :)/dextrose). Ofcouse I had to give it a little taste test when I got it.

2 scoop whey - 220 cal 2g fat 4g carb 46g protein
1 1/2 cups skim milk - 225 cal 0g fat 32.5g carb 22.5g protein
2 tsp peanut butter - 400 cal 30g fat 16g carb 14g protein
2 slices WW bread - 200 cal 4g fat 42g carb 8g protien

1045 cal - 36g fat 94.5g carb 90.5g protein

the vanilla tasted great w/ milk, but we'll see how it tastes w/ water. might have to make some protein pancakes tomorrow morning :)

–ragons
08-25-2004, 03:21 PM
what goals u going for m8?

FrenchTickler
08-25-2004, 03:34 PM
Goals:

gain 15-20lbs of mostly lean muscle
max out bench @ 300
max out squat @ 350
and just gain as much muscle as possible

Last year I maxed out my bench at 225lbs and my squat at 275lbs and gained about 20lbs in my first year of college. I already feel like I know 200% more (thanks to this forum) about weight lifting/diet/supplements then I did last year, and I also feel more diciplined and determined. I also drank a lot last year, and I'm going to back off the salsa pretty much completely this year. I'm living in an appt this year so I can eat a lot healthier then last year and can count calories. So I feel like this is going to be a break through school year. :)