PDA

View Full Version : technogeekys "Road to Health"

technogeeky
08-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Hey folks,

I have started my training once again (since I'm heavier now). I have learned a lot in the past and I think now, finally, I get to just apply what I know instead of learn everything as I go.

I started a blog so my family/friends can see whats going on, but I certainly want you guys to get in on it too. Instead of reformatting the text to post on here each day, I'll just copy/paste and post a link to the formatted version.

Please feed my suggestions, critique my diet and plans.

Thanks as always!

-Drew

technogeeky
08-25-2004, 01:35 AM
http://roadtohealth.blogspot.com/2004/08/and-so-it-begins.html

Today is the first day like many more to come. I have decided to narrow my scope down to two basic goals:

1. Do well in school - study more, more often, and harder.
2. Lose my excess weight - become a leaner, healthier, and happier person.

With the first goal, there isn't much to talk about - I just do what I do. With the second goal, I plan to log every bit of it.

Why, you ask?

It helps me see progress that I otherwise may not see.

It will let my friends and family help prod me to my goals.

It will help keep me motivated to keep going.

One day, it may help others do the same as I do.

I'm a big nerd and I like to do things on computers.

Each day I'll make one post regarding what I did that day.
My weight loss depends on a few factors:

Cardio

Healthy Eating

Weightlifting

I will make one post a day with my progress and/or results for that day. The post here will contain a summary for my progress in cardio and weightlifting. I will track my eating habits using a great, free service called FitDay. I have a profile that you can see here. I will put daily links so you can see how many calories I burned, what I ate, etc..

The good news is I'm on my way. The bad news is that I have a long way to go. One of my hopes is that, in a year, some of my own relatives will be unable to recognize me.

On this page will be a list of goals that I have, step by step, and a checkmark by the ones I have accomplished. I don't know my final goal (weight) yet, but check back the next few days and I'll have it.

One of the cool features with this site is you can comment. Feel free to say whatever you want - short of talking about my mom (Greg!). Just click the (comments) link below any post to say what you want to say.

Cheers!
-Drew

technogeeky
08-25-2004, 01:36 AM
http://roadtohealth.blogspot.com/2004/08/082304-day-1.html

Well, today is the first day I chime in. This will be the first of many posts just like this one to describe my progress this day. I'll comment on my mood, maybe people that are pissing me off. Maybe I'll tell how I slept the night before, how much my roomates are taunting me about weighing out all of my food.

For today, what you see is what you get. I'm a little tired because of the engery expended with the ECA. We'll be doing this thing day by day.

Wish me luck,
-Drew

Stats

Weight: 340lb
BodyFat: 35% (est.)

Cardio
This doesn't include walking around campus - just intentional cardio work.

10:00am [running/walking] - 30 min.

Weightlifting
Currently following: WBB Routine 1. Format: sets x reps x weight [improvment].

Not done today - my workout partner didn't show up tonight. If it happens again, I'll go early in the day when it's more convenient for me.

Food
A big lack of calories indicates I ate "cheat meal".

Click here for a journal of what I ate today.

technogeeky
08-25-2004, 01:37 AM
http://roadtohealth.blogspot.com/2004/08/082404-day-2.html

Today's Thoughts

Wow. What a day it was today. I distinctly remember thinking how difficult it was to get out of bed. Once I was up on my feet, I thought I had done a pretty good job - I went out to exercise. I distincly remember thinking it was easier than yesterday, which is good.

My classes went well, but the ECA stack might be rubbing me the wrong way - I was a little jittery today so I'm going to cut back for the next few days. My workout buddy decided today would be good to makeup for not weightlifting yesterday, so we did it today - and Philip came along. Philip certainly holds his own in the gym, and he was willing to try a number of fun things. :)

After working out, I hadn't eaten enough and I wanted food then and there so some random girl gave me free pizza on the elevator - I had two slices (600kC). Cheese pizza was pretty good, but more importantly it was good to finally eat. I need to get more on my schedule (500kC/meal, 5 meals a day, spaced by 3 hours). That's quite difficult but I believe things will fall into place.

My 6-9pm class turned out to be 6:30-7:30 today. The prof said that most classes will be 1 hour, which certainly looks good in my eyes.

Basically, things are still on full force. I've had a little demotivation but things are easier to handle now that I know what I'm doing. And everyone is supportive, and that just plain ROCKS!

-Seacrest out.

Stats

Weight: 338lb [-2]

Cardio
This doesn't include walking around campus - just intentional cardio work

10:00am 8 running/22 walking - 30 min.

Weightlifting
Currently following: WBB Routine 1. Format: sets x reps x weight [improvment]

Chest/Back
Chest
Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2x8x135lb [+0]
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2x8x90lb [+0]
Dips : 2x8x165lb [+0]

Back
Chin ups : 2x8x165lb [+0]
Deadlifts : 2x8x145lb [+0]
Barbell Rows : 2x8x135lb [+0]
Shrugs : 1x10x185lb [+0]

Abs
Crunches : 1x25

Food

Check out my FitDay journal for today to see what I ate (including supplements)

technogeeky
08-25-2004, 10:46 PM
http://roadtohealth.blogspot.com/2004/08/082504-day-3_25.html

Today's Thoughts

Well today wasn't very interesting. I actually ended up doing almost nothing. I did a little homework, but didn't exercise at all. I did eat healthy all day - that's good. Not much to see here. I am pretty sure I'm going to start lifting mid-day when it's best for me.

I was really sore all day long from yesterday's workout. I suppose that is to be expected the first week.

Onward ho!

-Drew

Stats

Weight: 338lb [-X]

Cardio

Weightlifting

Food

technogeeky
08-31-2004, 12:27 AM
http://roadtohealth.blogspot.com/2004/08/082904-day-6.html

[08/29/04] - [Day 6]

Today's Thoughts

Today went pretty well. I finally got healed up, got myself back into the gym. The workout was very nice - I was impressed by my ability, also. Otherwise, things are quiet on the western front. Day 7 awaits.

Stats

Weight: 338lb [-0]

Cardio

Weightlifting

Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps

Shoulders
Military Press in Rack : 2x8x85lb [+0]
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2x8x70lb [+0]
Standing Lateral Raises : 2x8x85lb [+0]

Biceps
Narrow Grip bench Press : 2x8x95lb [+0]
French Press : 2x8x75lb [+0]

Triceps
Barbell Curls : 2x8x75lb [+0]
Hammer Curls : 2x8x70lb [+0]

Abs
Crunches : 4x25

Food

technogeeky
08-31-2004, 12:27 AM
http://roadtohealth.blogspot.com/2004/08/week-two-begins.html

Week Two Begins..

Today's Thoughts

Today it's back at things. Now that I have weighed myself, I know exactly where I am (I need to get a tape measure to measure the rest of things).

Today was pretty easy on me, actually. I'm all tired and beat up and that's the way things should be! :)

Oh - some clarifications. I've moved my caloric intake down to 2000 for now. I know some of you may think this is low, but I'm heavy enough that I'm ok with it for now. My goal is to lose 3.5 - 4 lb per week.

Stats

Weight: 340lb [-0]
BodyFat: 42.3% (est.)

Cardio

Weightlifting

Chest/Back

Chest
Flat Barbell Bench Press : 2x8x145lb [+10]
Low Incline Dumbbell Press : 2x8x45lb [+5]
Dips : 2x8x175lb [+0]

Back
Chin ups : 2x8x175lb [+0]
Deadlifts : 2x8x185lb [+25]
Shrugs : 1x10x145lb [+0]

Abs
Crunches : 2x25

Food

technogeeky
08-31-2004, 12:29 AM
Chime in folks :o

I'm sure you have plenty of hate to throw around :o