PDA

View Full Version : Fat while cutting?

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 10:41 AM
iff your cutting, how much fat a day is good dya reckon? im sticking to 10g carbs one day, then 30g carbs the next, but im not sure on the fat i should be taking in?

Manveet
08-25-2004, 10:59 AM
How many calories are you consuming. If you are low carbing, you will definatley need to up the fat intake. On a maint. type diet I consume 25-30% fat.

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 11:01 AM
1500 cals... but hardly getting to that :p and feeling good, and even lifting strong in the gym... bout 200g protein, 10/30 g carbs depending on day, 30-50g fat

Manveet
08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
That's pretty low cal, but then again I don't know how long you have been dieting, or what kind of diet you are following. If it's working, then stick with it. Anyways, the fat looks fine.

Vido
08-25-2004, 11:08 AM
You've been told that those cals are too low in other threads. Obviously nothing is going to change your mind, but just be careful when you start bulking again and your metabolism is barely alive.

The fat is pretty low, but so are the total calories, so I guess it's fine.

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 11:09 AM
yeah its working, i have a nice refeed on a saturday or sunday, to keep the old metab going, thx anyway

Jasonl
08-25-2004, 12:29 PM
yeah its working, i have a nice refeed on a saturday or sunday, to keep the old metab going, thx anyway
That's just a band-aid on a bullet wound with cals that low.

sublime99
08-25-2004, 12:57 PM
:withstupi correct me if i am wrong guys

Listen Dragons in your journal you list you weigh 210 and have estimate 19-22% bf ok so that would mean you have 166-170 lean body mass and the rest adipose tissue (fat). Your RMR is around 2176-to-2215 so just sitting around you burn those calories that is not even counting what you do on a daily basis like work school and so on. So just to maintain your weight now of 210 you have to eat around 2800-3000 calories. if you want to have a succesful weight loss plan and keep your mass you have to eat more than you currently are 1500 calories is hampering you metabolism if you increase your cals to atleast 2200-2500 and create a deficit by exercising you will loose weight and keep it off and retain you muscle mass while you do it.

Those refeeds you have on the weekends you body just absorbs all of the calories and you gain some weight back because you are on starvation mode.

Let me ask you something how long have you been dieting, and since you have started how much weight have you lost?

Ğragons
08-25-2004, 03:29 PM
3 weeks i been on 1500 cals, lost 8lbs + the beer + the refeed

muscle seems to be intact, iff anything its looking better than any other time

oh yeah can fit into my old 34" pants now ;p

look i know there low, but im not working right now, just waiting for companys t get back to me, i cant afford **** hardly, + i cant eat all the stuff my mam gets because it just isnt fair, im gonna see what im like in the next 2 weeks, after that, i should have a job and then ill plan a new diet, cutting calories from maintenance :P

makes me happy!! makes u happy :P

thx

PS: im taking it on board what your saying, im gonna see what i can do about it, i guess i need to start back on the eggs again, now that i can stomach them again

Hatred
08-26-2004, 02:56 PM
SACRILEGE!!!!! can't stomach eggs???!!

geoffgarcia
08-26-2004, 03:10 PM
3 weeks i been on 1500 cals, lost 8lbs + the beer + the refeedyour losing 2.6 pounds per week

if you want to lose 1.6 pounds per week then you can boost your calories to 2000 calories a day. (1 pound = 3500 calories)
if you want to lose .6 pounds per week you can obviously boost up to 2500 calories per day.

The only reason peeps say to raise your calories is because its SO easy to lose weight but its so hard to gain muscle, and we are all really keen on keeping what we've worked so hard to get.

As for the fat I'd stick about 50g per day and limit the saturated fat as it will slow metabolism.