PDA

View Full Version : protein question

Smallman
08-26-2004, 12:29 AM
hi, i kno ur supposed to take a certain amount of protein powder everyday (im trying to build muscle) but im not gonna do that.. dont ask me why.. but im only gonna take 2 scoops (1 scoop = 20 g) on the days i work out. i work out every other day. My question is what would be better: taking 2 scoops on the days i work out, or taking 1 scoop everyday?

IdaMAN
08-26-2004, 12:54 AM
If you are not going to take the recommended amount and are only going to take 2 scoops when you workout, then what does it matter?

Maybe if you explained yourself better and give your stats then you might get more useful input.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=54

Vido
08-26-2004, 10:15 AM
You're not supposed to take a certain amount of protein powder every day, despite what the label tells you. You take it when you need to take it, ie., when you don't have time to make a proper meal, or post-workout.

BulkMeUp
08-26-2004, 12:56 PM
hi, i kno ur supposed to take a certain amount of protein powder everyday (im trying to build muscle) but im not gonna do that..
If you are not going to attempt to take in the reccomended amount daily your gains to build muscle will be very low/slow to non existant. Also you need to consume the recommended amount DAILY as your muscles are in growth mode not only on the day when you exercise, but also after.

Vido
08-26-2004, 01:04 PM
If you are not going to attempt to take in the reccomended amount daily your gains to build muscle will be very low/slow to non existant. Also you need to consume the recommended amount DAILY as your muscles are in growth mode not only on the day when you exercise, but also after.

First off, any "recommended" amount on a food or supplement label is actually probably far LESS than you should be taking if you are trying to build muscle. These recommended amounts are for sedentary people, not bodybuilders.

Second, and more relevant to this thread, the protein you take in daily need not be in supplement form. In fact, the less powder and the more whole food you consume, the better off you will be.

BulkMeUp
08-26-2004, 01:28 PM
First off, any "recommended" amount on a food or supplement label is actually probably far LESS than you should be taking if you are trying to build muscle. These recommended amounts are for sedentary people, not bodybuilders.

Guess i wasnt clear. I was not referring to the recommendation on the label, but to the recommendation (of 1-1.5g/lb protein daily intake), as recommended above by you. :cool:

Hatred
08-26-2004, 02:59 PM
I am not sure what to think about this thread..I admittedly don't know jack about diet but this seems wrong somehow.

Vido
08-26-2004, 03:48 PM
I am not sure what to think about this thread..I admittedly don't know jack about diet but this seems wrong somehow.

What seems wrong?

J450n
08-26-2004, 04:29 PM
First off, any "recommended" amount on a food or supplement label is actually probably far LESS than you should be taking if you are trying to build muscle.

I'm not one to pick people up on things but this is second time i've seen you take someone up on something they've said, in a patronising manner and made them out to be totally incapable of believing anything other than what the label tells them. You did it to me in another thread. I don't think you should be so quick to jump on people and presume the above. Just a thought.

Second, and more relevant to this thread, the protein you take in daily need not be in supplement form. In fact, the less powder and the more whole food you consume, the better off you will be.
Agreed.

Smallman
08-26-2004, 04:39 PM
k so i just need a straight answer to my question. no jazz plz. u seem to be leaning towards only taking it after i work out.

Vido
08-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Yes, just take it after you workout.