PDA

View Full Version : Cutting question

LC
08-26-2004, 04:22 PM
I was reading another persons post and I saw people were saying his calories were to low so this leads me to ask this question.

I have lost 20 pounds and I have slowly dropped my calories every time I have stopped losing weight I'm now weighing 192 and I'm taking in around 1700 calories a day, but I do some type of cardio everyday that burns 300 calories so thatís only 1400 calories. The problem is my metabolism has stopped because I am no longer losing any weight. So my question is how much should I raise my calories per day or week so that I can restart my metabolism.

My goal is to get to 182 before I start a bulk. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm 6'2 192 pounds and 13-15% BF

ryuage
08-26-2004, 04:25 PM
I would say throw in a refeed, or probably you would be better off eating at "maintenance" for a week or two to get your metabolism back up to par before dieting again. Just remember to account for how slow your metabolism and thyroid production has gotten from dieting for so long

LC
08-26-2004, 04:31 PM
So if I was to eat at maintenance that would be my body weight times 12? Would I just go straight to maintenance or slowly up calories till I get to maintenance? and if thatís the case how slowly should I raise my calories?