PDA

View Full Version : ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) Does this help with weightloss?

Summer
08-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone!

Does ALA help with weightloss?

What if the person is on a low carb diet but tends to have a non stop binge day once a week. The binge day is to get the metabolism going.
Would this product help at all with metabolism, weightloss, help prevent weight gain? Anything?

I read somewhere that it helps with weightloss. Not sure if this is true.

Thanks in advance!!

Patrick74
08-28-2004, 12:47 PM
ALA works great to get into ketosis.normally it takes me two days to start burning ketones ALA cuts it in half for me.It's an insulin mimicker.During a binge it would help draw glucose into your muscles.It will just help get your body get into fat burning mode quicker...calories are still calories though dont over do it.

Summer
08-28-2004, 02:00 PM
ALA works great to get into ketosis.normally it takes me two days to start burning ketones ALA cuts it in half for me.It's an insulin mimicker.During a binge it would help draw glucose into your muscles.It will just help get your body get into fat burning mode quicker...calories are still calories though dont over do it.

Thanks Patrick74 for the reply!

I have a few more questions for you or anyone else who will know.

Should it only be taken on binge or regular carb eating days?

Would it be safe to take on low carb days too?

Will it take effect on the first day of use?

How much do you take of it and how many times a day? Do you take it right before eating?

I guess I am asking the general safe use of it.

Thank you !!

Spartacus
08-28-2004, 03:48 PM
ala is worthless for body composition. not a bad anti-oxidant for health though.