PDA

View Full Version : Is It really all about calories?

BigRic
08-28-2004, 04:29 PM
I mean I could stuff myself with 2 chickens breasts every meal 5 times a day and not get to 3000 calories on the day, so would I loose weight although I'm full all day?

TheGimp
08-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Absolutely. Hunger is largely psychological and protein is very sating.

However I wouldn't recommend a diet like that - missing out on fibre, vitamins, minerals, efas and healthy fats.

Den Fisher
08-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Yeah, and here and there, whip out the Peanut Butter.

It has about 180 calories per serving and 8g's of protein. 1 serving is 2 tbsp's

So just take a bunch of big spoonfulls and you'll easily get 500 cals in about 5-10 minutes.

BigRic
08-28-2004, 08:15 PM
it was hypethetical, I mean like you have a balanced diet that leaves you full after every meal, but the calories just aren't there, would you gain or loose weight. was what i should have said.

Spartacus
08-28-2004, 10:39 PM
it was hypethetical, I mean like you have a balanced diet that leaves you full after every meal, but the calories just aren't there, would you gain or loose weight. was what i should have said.

caolie balance is stil l the determining facotr brah

Vido
08-28-2004, 11:38 PM
Feeling full has nothing to do with whether or not you are consuming the right number of calories or not. I can eat 600 calories worth of oats and feel like puking from being so full, or eat 4K cals from chocolate chip cookies and still be looking for more.

Vido
08-28-2004, 11:41 PM
However I wouldn't recommend a diet like that - missing out on fibre, vitamins, minerals, efas and healthy fats.

This is off topic but, although you're right it's not healthy, I've heard of many people getting ripped quickly on a diet of basically only chicken breasts. As disgusting as the thought of chicken quickly becomes, it's actually quite an easy diet to follow because you're rarely hungry. Obviously, it isn't a good long term choice, and having a multivitamin or two daily is essential, but it's not bad if you're hardcore enough to try it.