PDA

View Full Version : Whey Protein --- Any negative side effects?

Trojan
08-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Just wondering if there are any negative side effects using Whey Protein? I usually have 2 shakes a day of it. Any short-term or long-term side effects?

manowar669
08-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Deadly ass fumes. No kidding either. Some people, myself included, could nuke a small country with the wicked lethal farting coming out of us sometimes after using whey concentrate. I've read that using whey isolate can minimize this, but I haven't tried it.

Shao-LiN
08-30-2004, 05:41 PM
The same side effects that you would get from eating cream cheese or drinking milk.

ryuage
08-30-2004, 05:55 PM
or no sugar added ice cream... yummmmm

Trojan
08-30-2004, 06:02 PM
or no sugar added ice cream... yummmmm
frozen milk? ;)

Vido
08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Deadly ass fumes. No kidding either. Some people, myself included, could nuke a small country with the wicked lethal farting coming out of us sometimes after using whey concentrate. I've read that using whey isolate can minimize this, but I haven't tried it.

Try ginger root and your gastrointestinal troubles will be over.

Zearoth
08-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Deadly ass fumes. No kidding either. Some people, myself included, could nuke a small country with the wicked lethal farting coming out of us sometimes after using whey concentrate.

:zipit:

ryan-
08-30-2004, 10:44 PM

He's not kidding.

doctorcod
08-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Try ginger root and your gastrointestinal troubles will be over.

pray tell of this magic

waynis
09-02-2004, 06:33 PM
to get back on topic.. no negative effects that I know of. Only as mentioned possible digestion problems. You wouldnt wanna use whey as your only source of protein. YOu dont want it to be a complete meal replacement. You would wanna take some before or take it after workout. ANother good time would be before bed to keep your nitrogen levels up.

Vido
09-02-2004, 10:00 PM
pray tell of this magic

Ginger root aids in the digestion of protein...simple as that. Try it, and your bowel (and the people around you) will thank you.

Vido
09-02-2004, 10:02 PM
ANother good time would be before bed to keep your nitrogen levels up.

Whey is quickly digested...not something you want when you're going to sleeping for the next number of hours.

waynis
09-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Whey is quickly digested...not something you want when you're going to sleeping for the next number of hours.

what would be a negative effect? i dont see any

Vido
09-03-2004, 03:57 PM
There's no negative effects, there just isn't positive ones either. Whey passes through your system rather quickly. I don't know about you, but I sleep for more than a couple of hours a night...

waynis
09-04-2004, 11:07 AM
but doesnt a lot of your growth occur while your sleeping. I would think having that in your system would help. I know when i take my protein shake before i go to bed i wake up less sore then if i didnt. just my experience

manowar669
09-06-2004, 08:03 PM
So how do we use Ginger root (other than in stir fry chicken and veggies)? Do I grate up some fresh ginger and blend it into my orange gatorade/vanilla whey post workout drink? How much? A teaspoon? A quart?
There are so many voodoo remedies out there, 95% of the stuff at vitamin world is BS garbage (it's amazing what people will believe). Maybe ginger only works after chewing on dried papaya (another supposed digestive cure-all)? Maybe I should dance around with an eagle feather and a dried chicken foot? (why not, I ate the rest of the damn bird already)
So, tell us how to tame the savage A$$ blast.

ftotti10
09-07-2004, 04:18 AM
but doesnt a lot of your growth occur while your sleeping. I would think having that in your system would help. I know when i take my protein shake before i go to bed i wake up less sore then if i didnt. just my experience
yes, but you would be better off with a casein shake as opposed to whey as this is digested slower.