PDA

View Full Version : posers in the gym

stronginthearm
08-31-2004, 05:23 AM
was at the gym the other day, and was sitting doing fly. And I was have breack after my 1st set and was looking around when and eye caught the guy on another machice and he was lifting 10kg, which was ok for him.
When he finshed doing his sets, he looked around to see if anyone was looking and move the peg down to about 57.5kg, to show other people what he been lifting. During the whole time when i was there he did this on several occastion. I just don't see the point in it.
If i can only do 120kg on the fly i want move the peg down to 150kg to pretend that i can lift move i just leave it.

justhrowit
08-31-2004, 09:05 AM
EGO!!!!! Also, he may just be embarrased. It happens, and what can you do about it.

edge-man
08-31-2004, 09:09 AM
Ask him how many sets he is going to do, as you have noticed he's just finished his warmup weight :D

VasDeferens
08-31-2004, 09:39 AM
just kill him.

stronginthearm
08-31-2004, 10:17 AM
Ask him how many sets he is going to do, as you have noticed he's just finished his warmup weight :D

lol he just done 5 set of 10kg then went on to calf curls

AllUp
08-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Hehe, I've seen this phenomenon before. I usually do the weight they put the peg at as a warm up and go heavier while they're observing.

VasDeferens
08-31-2004, 10:27 AM
I actually do the opposite. I lift more and when no one is watching, I drop the weights to about 30% and make people think 'wow, this guy lifts sissy weights and is still bigger than me. He must have good genetics....sucks to be me'.

Actually, sucks to be me.

AzBboy
08-31-2004, 03:08 PM
i just lift what weight i wana, when i wanna, big or small, and not let others thoughts concern me. it seems to work wonders.

GrumpyTX
08-31-2004, 03:32 PM
I always un-pin the weight when I am done. I dont want someone who does machine dips with 100 pounds feeling weak when he has to pull my pin from the 330 mark or the 250 mark on the leg extensions, etc... (most weight the machines have).

Maybe he does it for his ego to make himself feel better. If moving the pin around helps him, then I dont see anything wrong. I remove the pin to not crush the ego of the next person following me :thumbup:

ericg
08-31-2004, 03:42 PM
I dont normally pay that close attention to see if people are moving the pins around.

Brawl
08-31-2004, 06:44 PM
ericg ... if she was hot you would .

Vido
09-01-2004, 01:33 AM
That's better than the guys who load up the bench or bar in the squat rack, stand by it for a few minutes, and then take the weights off when no one is looking without actually doing a set.

Canadian Crippler
09-01-2004, 01:39 AM
Nothing is worst than this one poser at my school. The dude comes in while we're warming up with 95 on the bench, and just jumps on and says, "I can do this!". He unevenly grips the bar (one hand in the middle, one hand 1 foot beside it). He lifts it up, and it just falls right onto him. Then comes the line of gold... "Don't worry I got it!". Ofcourse, he gets spotted up 3 seconds later.

stronginthearm
09-01-2004, 03:27 AM
That's better than the guys who load up the bench or bar in the squat rack, stand by it for a few minutes, and then take the weights off when no one is looking without actually doing a set.
to ture we agree on something at last.
this guy does that as well stacked it up to about 50kg, then went off and went on treadmill for about 2 min walk. Then came back and took off a load of weight and then did some lifts.

make me laugh

body
09-01-2004, 05:01 AM
watch what he does with the free weights then?

grim
09-01-2004, 05:50 AM
So what? Maybe he was embarrassed, but at least he got himself to the gym, unlike the countless people that will never go due to embarassment of being the small or out of shape guy. You have time to peoplewatch at the gym? I'm usually so dead tired resting between sets I don't have to time to keep track of what everyone else is doing. Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but pay more attention to yourself.

jb

ericg
09-01-2004, 06:46 AM
ericg ... if she was hot you would .

Probably wouldnt be looking at her pin placement though ;)

stronginthearm
09-01-2004, 08:23 AM
So what? Maybe he was embarrassed, but at least he got himself to the gym, unlike the countless people that will never go due to embarassment of being the small or out of shape guy. You have time to peoplewatch at the gym? I'm usually so dead tired resting between sets I don't have to time to keep track of what everyone else is doing. Sorry if I sound like a jerk, but pay more attention to yourself.

jb
well Grim since it only a small gym that i go to and all the walls have mirrors on them it very hard to not see them.
If you use the incline bikes and a nice young lady goes on the bicep curl, when they lean over you get eye view so where would you look?

grim
09-01-2004, 01:12 PM
a nice young lady goes on the bicep curl

Whoa there, that is an entirely different matter.. That isn't considered people watching, that is a motivational tool. :)

jb

stronginthearm
09-02-2004, 02:58 AM
hey grim have a look at some of the stuner in my gym

J450n
09-02-2004, 01:28 PM

Did you get permission from your Ex girlfriends before posting them pics mate? ;)

BigMatt
09-02-2004, 01:33 PM
I dont normally pay that close attention to see if people are moving the pins around.

Even better! I dont pay attention to people in the gym.

Again,It's not what you can lift, it's what you look like you can lift!

TBone4Eva
09-02-2004, 02:09 PM
OMG, next time put a warning in there or something. Good lord that was disgusting.

Den Fisher
09-02-2004, 08:10 PM
I don't like it when someone is at the power rack doing barbell curls.. sheesh, I waited forever the other day waiting for these guys to get done at it..

Wu36
09-02-2004, 10:09 PM
banned!

stronginthearm
09-07-2004, 03:53 AM
Did you get permission from your Ex girlfriends before posting them pics mate? ;)
well she said it was ok with her. but would'nt let me use the ones where she was fully clothed, i don't know why?

or the one you where in with your posing pouch on and your fanny bag.

GMCtrk
09-07-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't like it when someone is at the power rack doing barbell curls.. sheesh, I waited forever the other day waiting for these guys to get done at it..
xmuther****ing2

There was this one guy doing DB curls on the 1 of 2 incline bench's we have ion the whole damn place in the corner. That pisses the hell out of me. :whip:

SW
09-07-2004, 05:21 PM

You bastard! I was thinking "Ooh, cardio bunnies", what I got was cardio groundhogs. Like it was said, we need a warning, I feel sick. No, really, I do. :fart:

Ğragons
09-07-2004, 05:24 PM
i only look at my chest in the mirror to see iff its getting any leaner :p

i dont stand in the mirror and tense my biceps tho :-\
i would, iff they were huge tho :p

iff ya got it, why not show it