PDA

View Full Version : Floor Press

debussy
08-31-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, do any of you use the floor press? If so... did you find it helping your bench? What aspect of the bench do floorpresses help with? Do you guys think it's a worthwhile exercise?

I tried it out today and did a few working sets with 155... it was definitely harder than I expected. Moving the weight from a dead stop felt strange. Over all I liked it.

ericg
08-31-2004, 02:49 PM
I would say it hits the triceps harder that the 'normal' BP

debussy
08-31-2004, 03:03 PM
Yeah I definitely felt it in my triceps man. I'm hoping this will help me with my sticking point. It's really hard to get the weight moving from a dead stop.

ericg
08-31-2004, 03:04 PM
May also want to try board presses, rack presses, close grip...

Adam
08-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Its supposed to hit your tris more.
As for where it helps it depends on the individual. Ex. i have short arms and a semi thick chest so it improves the bottom of my bench. If someone has long arms and a thin chest it will improve the top portion.

debussy
09-01-2004, 11:03 AM
Its supposed to hit your tris more.
As for where it helps it depends on the individual. Ex. i have short arms and a semi thick chest so it improves the bottom of my bench. If someone has long arms and a thin chest it will improve the top portion.

Do you include floor pressing into your routine? How effective do you find it?

Adam
09-01-2004, 11:25 AM
I do it as an ME lift somedays and as an assistance lift. I find it a useful lift but it just depends on where your weakness is