PDA

View Full Version : Calorie question....

SsiK
09-01-2004, 12:56 AM
I've calculated the amount of calories I would need to maintain my bodyweight, and subtracted them by about 500. My question is this: Now that I've got the number of calories I need to consume to slowly lose and burn away fat, should I up the calories by a little bit to account for the calories I burn during the day, especially during excersize? I'd really like any help possible. Thanks a lot.

- SsiK

SsiK
09-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Anyone?

- SsiK

mattburns
09-01-2004, 03:26 AM
www.fitday.com use that to monitor the calories you're eating and the calories you're burning. from there you will be able to see if your balancing out or not. :)

XfRuStErAtEdDX
09-01-2004, 06:25 AM
it looks like it cost money

Adetweiler
09-01-2004, 06:45 AM
The web version is free.

XfRuStErAtEdDX
09-01-2004, 07:36 AM
I can't find the calorie thing where it tells me how many calories I need to eat a day to maintain or lose weight?

Max-Mex
09-01-2004, 08:37 AM
I've calculated the amount of calories I would need to maintain my bodyweight, and subtracted them by about 500. My question is this: Now that I've got the number of calories I need to consume to slowly lose and burn away fat, should I up the calories by a little bit to account for the calories I burn during the day, especially during excersize? I'd really like any help possible. Thanks a lot.

- SsiK

It's up to you. If you are feeling hungry, then eat, as long as you have the calories to spare. You'll still be in a deficiet as long as you total equals roughly your goal for the day.

I do this all the time. Somtimes I'll get down to 1800 cals on some days and that's just not enough. Doing some cardio will give me about 200-400 extra cals of food I can eat.