PDA

View Full Version : One month in.

Adetweiler
09-01-2004, 12:42 PM
I've been trying to lose weight for a month now. Here is what I am doing, tell me why I am not losing an ounce :)

M - Chest/Tri
Bench 3 sets of 8
Assisted Pushups/Pushups on knees 3 sets of 8
Pressups 3 sets of 8
Lying Tricep extensions 2 sets of 8
Tricep extensions 2 sets of 8
One arm tricep extensions 2 sets of 8

T - Cardio

W - Back and Bicep
Front Pull Down 3 sets of 8
Rear Pull down 3 sets of 8
Bent Over Row 3 sets of 8
Sitting Curls 2 sets of 8
Hammer Curls 2 sets of 8

Th - Cardio

F - Shoulder/Leg
Military press 3 sets of 8
Shoulder Press 3 sets of 8
Lateral raises 3 sets of 8
Squats 3 sets of 8
Calf Raises 3 sets of 8
Last leg exercise I could not find on www.exrx.net

Sat - Sun - rest

I have been eating from 2k-2500 calories, but I cheat about 1-2 days per week. Cheat days for me are usually eating Indian food since I cant find the values I tried to create them somewhat out of whats in them to get them on Fitday. I take fish oil caplets, drink 1 gallon of water per day, and try to keep my meal balance at 50% protien, 30% carb, 20% fat with less than 20g of sat fat per day. On fitday it says I am burning way over what I am eating.

I have not lost weight, I have not gained weight, and I am not lifting more weight. I have been able to lift the exact same weights for the last two years, though I have only been sticking to this for the last month +.

Any help appreciated.

Max-Mex
09-01-2004, 01:26 PM
No weight loss, drop calories more.

No weight gain, increase calories.

No increases in weight lifted, see above.

Adetweiler
09-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Only fear I have is that I weigh 293lbs, and most things say I should be eating alot more than 2000-2500 for maintenance, and I dont want to eat too low so that my metabolism stops. Previous to this I was eating 1500 calories per day, but a few people said I was eating too low, and that was not healthy. I just want to lose some weight, I am not afraid of hard work :) I seem to be in some weird state though where nothing changes for me IE weight/weight lifted.

debussy
09-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Just listen to what Max-Mex said. Just slowly drop the calories 100-200 at a time until you are losing a steady 1 pound a week. Also, you should try to be more consistent with your diet... a range like 2000-2500 is hard to keep track of. Try 2000-2200 for a couple of weeks and tell us how you do.

Sometimes it's tough to tell if you're eating right... for example, I just finished cutting and I decided to maintain. I started eating 2000-2100 for maintenance... but a couple weeks later I find out I lost weight. Well, that just tells me I need to up my calories another 200 or so.

Ğragons
09-01-2004, 03:59 PM
lot of water, lot of exercise, its easy for people to lose weight when they are bigger(dont be offended) ull lose it in no time iff u keep droppin cals

Adetweiler
09-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Ok. I'll keep it between 2k-2.2k. It just amazes me how many less calories I eat per day now, and still no loss.

Ğragons
09-01-2004, 04:02 PM
u r prolly losing, just not seeing results yet... it is a month yeah u should be seeing something?

but weight yourself and u prolly will

Adetweiler
09-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Weighing myself daily. If I did not see the needle move I would think its broken.

sublime99
09-01-2004, 04:09 PM
Listen i was 279 when i started , and i am almost 2 months in and i didn't see results until 6 weeks. Loose one of the cheat days add a day or two to cardio and make them 30 minutes a piece, keep your cals they look good just stick with it also don't always go by the scale take yor measurements and only reevaluate yourself once a month.