PDA

View Full Version : Is there a problem with eggs?

Reinier
10-28-2001, 03:00 PM
Are eggs harmful to your health??
My parents are disturbed about me eating 2 full eggs for breakfast....

Still i know many of u guys have a lot more and the link between cholesterol cosumption ad blood cholesterol levels is very small or even non existant.

I thought eggs where a great bodybuilding food? how come many doctors are dissing eggs?

i thikn they are just stoopid mofos who think they know sjit cuz they got their majors but then are too lazy to learn anything new.
(no offense to delphi or other docs on here this doesn`t apply to t hem anyway)

Spiderman
10-28-2001, 04:01 PM
Your parents are just suffering from something we call Ignorance. Its really not harmful to them, but can start to annoy the hell outta you after awhile. LOL

Eggs are very good for you. Eating two full eggs a day is fine. They're a complete protein. (possesing all essential amino acids) So go ahead eat'em...they taste great. :thumbup:

Some Doc's don't like'em because they say they are directly related to an increased cholesterol level in the blood. But then again you must consider that they are DOCTOR's!! NOT nutritionists or dieticians....do you think they really know all that much about proper diet except to tell you to eat from all 4 food groups?? No...they don't... Hope this clears it up for ya bro. ;)

MWB
10-28-2001, 06:23 PM
I think 2 eggs a day is perfectly fine. Eggs are a great bodybuilding food. Most people have 1-2 whole eggs with 5-6 whites in the morning. Get some fat free cheese, some greenn peppers. onoins, mushrooms and you have a nice omlete.

Cholesterol levels in the body have much more to do with genetics than diet. Before I started working out and watching my diet, I was eating fast food 24/7. My cholesterol always stayed under 90. Right now it's like 65.

Taras
10-28-2001, 07:18 PM
If your parents are worried, you might consider talking to them about getting your cholesterol checked. If your cholesterol is at a good level, several eggs a day shouldn't hurt.

hemants
10-29-2001, 07:17 AM
1. Studies show that blood cholesterol and cholesterol intake are only linked in 20% of people.

2. Blood cholesterol is more highly correlated to dietary saturated fat than anything else.

3. Studies linking eggs to LDL and HDL have mixed results. The egg board has been spending a lot of money trying to dispell prior evidence.

4. At your age 2 eggs a day is a non issue. Probably 5 eggs a day would be a non-issue. Now if you were in your 30's and eating 10 eggs a day, I'd say you should get your cholesterol checked to see if you are one of those 20% of people who respond poorly.