PDA

View Full Version : Newb Here

davhern
09-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Hi guys...this is my first post on this forum. I tried searching for the help I needed but it seems like there aren't that many cases like mine on here.

I've been lifting for about a year and a half now, off and on because I broke an arm and had surgery last year and earlier this year I just took a break from lifting.

When I started lifting again after my surgery in January, I was about 5'7" 125...(lost a ton of weight after surgery and the inactivity afterwards) I went on a two month cycle of Cell-Tech and at the same time I was taking protein, I got up to about 145 by April (I'm sure it was a combination of water, muscle and body fat)...Since then, I had kind of found it hard to get in the gym and I lost some weight..I'm down to 137 or so...

For the past week I've been going back to the gym and I'm starting up a cycle of Cell-Tech, and of course, protein. Even after one week I can definitely tell my strength is coming back.

Anyways, on to the main point. Even before, when I gained most of my weight, I had never really paid much attention to diet. For breakfast I would usually have 2 or 3 eggs (white and yolk), lunch I'd grab some fast food (usually some type of grilled chicken sandwich at least), and dinner a tenderloin and some rice/beans. I'd say that was typical. I was hoping you guys could help me come up with a good diet to put on some mass.

As I said, right now, I'm about 137...My ultimate goal is to be in the 170 range...but short term I'd like to hit 150 in teh next couple months.

From what I can tell, I don't have much of a hard time gaining weight when I really go at it and work for it. (eating/working out/supps)... But at the same time whenever I stop lifting and I just eat normal, I lose weight until a certain point and then just stay there. I'm not sure if this is exactly what you'd call a hard gainer.

Basically, with all that in mind, I was hoping you guys could help me come up with a good diet to put on some mass. I'm not exactly a great cook, so I like to find things that are pretty easy to make.

Strength wise, just to give an idea, back in April my max bench was around 230, and I could preacher curl around 105 for 10 reps...right now those numbers are more like 210 and 85 for 10..

Also, just to throw it in there, I have a thing of Animal Test that I actually got from a buddy of mine for free.. Unopened and everything...what I've read on here, though, says either this stuff doesn't do much, or it does work, but is just way overpriced (which doesn't really apply to me since I got hooked up with it).. Should I even bother trying it? (Should you even bother reading this long ass message? :cry: sorry, lol)

:help:

Max-Mex
09-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Welcome back to lifting. Glad the injury was serious enough to keep you from lifting.

As far as diet goes, eat whatever you want as long as it's enough to gain weight. Wish I could tell you what exactly that is, but I can't because it's different for everyone. I'd suggest tracking your calories using Fitday. You'll have to experiement some to find the right amount of calories to cause weight gain. Keep lifting as well.

As far the Animal Pak is concerned, it's no worth the money. Use it for the calories.

davhern
09-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Welcome back to lifting. Glad the injury was serious enough to keep you from lifting.

As far as diet goes, eat whatever you want as long as it's enough to gain weight. Wish I could tell you what exactly that is, but I can't because it's different for everyone. I'd suggest tracking your calories using Fitday. You'll have to experiement some to find the right amount of calories to cause weight gain. Keep lifting as well.

As far the Animal Pak is concerned, it's no worth the money. Use it for the calories.

Thanks a lot man. BTW, it's actually Animal Test... it's a 1-Test stack...I don't have much experience with PH's though... Since I have it already, should I take it? or is it really completely worthless?

Max-Mex
09-02-2004, 02:11 PM
I don't think 1 can/bottle of the stuff will make any difference. It's like saying that one spoon/drop of creatine will make a difference. Maybe after a cycle of some sorts you'd see a difference but I can't say as I have never used any of those products.