PDA

View Full Version : Slim-fast??

Allyrulez
09-02-2004, 12:38 PM
My sister has an unwanted hoard of this stuff, its nice tasting

For each 100gram its 18 protein/36 carbs and some fat

Should i use this as a calorie source??? Or does anyone know if its crappy protein or has some kinda weird chemicals in it

RBC13
09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Slimfast is evil. It is only like half milk, and a ton of sugar added. Only 10 g protein in 220 cal and 35 g sugar! and somehow 5 grams of fiber(from strange sources) and nonnatural occuring vitamins. It won't kill you but i crossed it off my list months ago.

abwowang
09-03-2004, 01:38 PM
its a meal replacement..
so if instead of lunch.. u drink that.. sure its not bad for leaning..
BUT.. there is a lot of sugar and sodium loaded in that..

harryhoudini66
09-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I agree and besides, it is a girlie drink.

mercury
09-05-2004, 03:12 PM
I agree and besides, it is a girlie drink.
"Ya, only a girlly man would drink such a drink." :D

emjlr3
09-06-2004, 08:20 PM
i like em, and they jsut came out with them with half the sugar as before so i think they are great ideas for something in between meals

but thats just me

Regenvelc
09-06-2004, 10:35 PM
I use them when I need a quick meal. My mom gave me some when I moved to college so I can continue losing weight and stay on the right track(<3 my mom she helps me out so much). Anyway, I use the Low Carb ones and they have 180 Cals, 4g of carbs, 20g of protein, and 9g of fat. What I do not like is the 9g of fat, but it is a quick meal and easy to grab and go in the morning or on my way to class at night.

But with the SlimFast bars how they get around Carbs is they use something called "Sugar Alochol" which I dont know what it is but it is a lot in there. They say something because it doesnt impact your bloodsugar level it doesnt count? Anyone know anything more about that?

Saint Patrick
09-06-2004, 11:00 PM
I'd use them on a bulk before using them to slim down.

Teh BDK
09-06-2004, 11:57 PM
I do believe that Narc drank those things when he was bulking up.

That being said, Slim Fast blows. Drink Myoplex shakes instead, they've got like twice the protein and usually cost about the same amount...at least where I shop.

HemiVision
09-07-2004, 08:37 AM
I used to drink them pre-workout when I was bulking. Pretty good way to get some decent cals in without filling your stomach... and they taste better than most shakes.

TaNkArMs747
09-07-2004, 08:56 AM
There are benefits from slim fast aka meal replacements, and disadvantages. When talking about slim fast, you get the right amount of nutrients without the high calories. But everyone is different, no two people have the same caloric needs, protein needs ect.... Another thing is, You better buy a couple pair of underwear when you go to the store to get the slim fast, Your butt will be gurgling for weeks if you drink that stuff on a daily basis. Also I have not chemically researched slimfast and how much of it is absorbed, but I know that a lot of that stuff I think will just pass through, There is no fiber, and fiber is what slows down the digesting foods from going straight to your anus. Fiber in moderation is good, too much of it will slow down your metabolism to much, that can be a good or bad thing depending on your dietary needs. So when you are eatting something 50% of the day that has almost SLIM to none fiber, that stuff is going to go down you like a slip n slide. You will have more accidents as well, because your anus isnt' going to be able to form to the liquid, and resist against it as well.

GOOD LUCK.

Buy chicken, steak, fish, ground beef, potatoes, ect.... thats probably your best bet, eatting natural foods and relying on exercise and lifting weights to burn the excess calories.