PDA

View Full Version : anyone smoke hookah ?

Gizotch
09-03-2004, 01:29 PM
ive been smoking hookah regularly lately , i mean every night for about two hours and ive noticed no real toll on my body . my understanding is that there is no intake in tars with this form of smoking and only a miniscule fraction of nicotine in comparison to cigarettes . anyone else have any expreience with hookah smoking and their lifting ?

BCC
09-03-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm confused. Maybe this is something new I don't know about, but I was under the impression a hookah is just paraphernalia.

geoffgarcia
09-03-2004, 02:25 PM
didn't someone say Billy Bong Thornton?

hookah is known by many different names in different parts of the world: a shisha, a nargile (pronounced nar-geelah), a hubble-bubble or hubbly-bubbly, a waterpipe. The most famous instance of hookah smoking is probably that of the caterpillar in Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. A hookah consists of a hollow glass (sometimes clay or brass) base which is filled with water, a vertical pipe topped with a clay bowl for the shisha and coals, and a usually colorful hose. When one sucks on the hose, the smoke is drawn down the pipe and through the water, which cools and filters it. This also produces a peaceful bubbling sound. This sound is as delightful now as the prospect of blowing bubbles in a glass of milk was to most of us when we were in kindergarten.

sounds like ur typical bong description to me...

tap this one:
http://www.shivaminternational.com/ceramics/image/HKC-363-bg-ceramic-alien-hookah.jpg

Gizotch
09-03-2004, 02:54 PM
traditionally hookah is used to smoke shisha , a type of flavored tobacco , and thats what my room mates and i use mine for , dont get me wrong , every now and then we'll throw some ganja in the bowl . but its mostly shisha .

Shadowless
09-03-2004, 09:25 PM
I have a few friends who do that, they invited me to go to some bar and do it but I just passed.

HahnB
09-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Smoking anything is bad for your body.

Saint Patrick
09-07-2004, 08:50 PM
:withstupi

There WILL be tar & nicotine no matter what.

shaahid
09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
its like 1/10 of a cigarette.... tried it for the first time the other day, not bad.....

sublime99
09-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah a trditional hookah is not as bad as smoking cigarettes, and they have different flavors. Strawberry is my favorite smoke flavor and the cool thing is that it is all natural no additives. Where did you get your tobbaco and hookah at?

galileo
09-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Inhaling smoke in your lungs of any type can't be that good for you, ya know?

CiteCollegiale
09-10-2004, 01:41 PM
yea but its filtered!!!

Gizotch
09-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Yeah a trditional hookah is not as bad as smoking cigarettes, and they have different flavors. Strawberry is my favorite smoke flavor and the cool thing is that it is all natural no additives. Where did you get your tobbaco and hookah at?

i bought all of my equpment at a smoke shop in santa cruz california . but i think you can order some stuff from hookahbros.com

strawberry is good , but if you get the chance i definatly suggest trying mint .