PDA

View Full Version : Post workout meal

glyakk
09-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I have a very tight schedual between work and my family and can only find time to work out at night after 11 when everybody is asleep. That suites me j ust fine because most people have left the gym by then and I can concentrate better on my workout.

I have been trying to focus more on diet then my training in my inital stages witch is something I am usually very lax in. My problem is my post workout meal. In the past I have traditionally stuck to a 3/4 carb 1/4 protine post workout meal(something like a large cup of yougert with a side of cottage cheese or medium-ish sandwich with plenty of lettice and one or two slices of turkey). It is usually my highest carb content meal of the day. However being how my training sessions are so late in the day, i have barley enough time to get home, shower, have my post workout meanl then its off to bed by 12:30. I am conserned eating that much carbs might be sabotaging my weight loss efforts.

I was just curious what peopls thoughs were on the subject. I have been told it is fine since my body is in immediate need of the nuturiants wich will cause my body to put them to work immediatly and prevent it from being stored as fat.

Thankx

Vido
09-03-2004, 10:06 PM
If you're in a caloric deficit or eating at maintenance you can't gain fat. If those post-workout carbs fall within your daily limits, you're fine.

ecliptic
09-04-2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah, the time of the day doesn't really matter, so you'd be fine eating that time as long as you are maintaining overall calories for the whole day. I wish my gym was open past 11, that would be awesome..