PDA

View Full Version : What kind of shake can I make in the morning?

GMCtrk
09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Right now for breakfast I eat oatmeal with honey, a banana, skim milk, and some peanut butter. Is there any kind of shake I can make that would be very high in calories that would include the peanut butter. Eating peanut butter straight out of the jar is pretty time consuming :redface: Thanks, Michael.

Manveet
09-03-2004, 09:46 PM
well blend all that stuff you just mentioned, but just blend more of it.

Vido
09-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Time-consuming? How much are you eating? :confused:

GMCtrk
09-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Time-consuming? How much are you eating? :confused:

ummm, I usually eat like 3 big ass spoonfulls lol, my dog eats some too :idea: :confused: :burger:

ecliptic
09-04-2004, 07:23 AM
whey, dextrose, olive oil, peanut butter makes a decent shake.. hell, throw some tuna in there! :)

Vido
09-04-2004, 07:34 AM
whey, dextrose, olive oil, peanut butter makes a decent shake.. hell, throw some tuna in there! :)

First, that sounds disgusting, lol.

Second, you don't want to consume fat with dextrose. Replace that dextrose with oats and you're talking.

ecliptic
09-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Oh, I didnt know you shouldnt eat fats with dextrose.. why is that?

Vido
09-04-2004, 07:47 AM
Have you heard all the talk about not combining carbs with fats or it will lead to fat storage? Well, I think general consensus now is that this theory is bunk, PROVIDED THAT you're not combining high GI carbs with fats (dextrose being a high GI carb). Dextrose creates an insulin spike which will help "shuttle" everything you consume with it to your muscles (and fat stores too). Protein can be used to build and repair muscle, carbs can refill glycogen stores, but what can fat do other than be stored as fat? That's a pretty simplified explanation, but I'm in a rush. Perhaps if you want a more detailed response, myself or someone else will provide one later.

ecliptic
09-04-2004, 07:53 AM
Good enough, I understand what you're saying. A lot of weight gainers I've seen come with relatively low amounts of fats in them. Does that mean all those fats are carried to fat stores? (Most weight gainers use dextrose as its primary source of carbs)

GMCtrk
09-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Ok, so what's a good recipe?

Oats (cooked first right?), olive oil, and some peanut butter??? I thought that I have read an article in the past that taking whey other than immediately after your workout can actually lead to catabolism. Is this true? Would it be better to mix in some milk???