PDA

View Full Version : 17 yr old gal:post workout

luckee001
09-04-2004, 08:54 PM
hey, as some of u already know, im a 17 year old female, currently trying to put on a lot of lean muscle because I am really underweight. (5 ' 6" and 90 pounds) I have already put on 5 pounds in the last two months (i know its not a lot, but atleast its SOME) and am hoping to continue making good gains.
I have a question on postworkout though. I eat a big breakfast at home every morning, then another meal during classes and a big lunch all at school. I work out at about 4:00 p.m. and Currently, I take a MRP shake (prolabs lean mass matrix) right when i get home from school (at 3:15). It has 20 grams complex carbs, 20 grams protein, and 4 grams good fats. My workout is usually over at 5:00 p.m. I am currently taking 5 grams creatine with a scoop of gatorade powder (dextrose) about 15 minutes before my workout is over. Then I get home at like 5:15 and by 5:30 I make a good meal: 3/4 cup dry oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, and a glass of soy milk.
Then around 7:45 p.m. (about 2 hours later) I have a huge bowl of broccoli/cauliflower veggies with soy cheese melted on top and 3/4 cup cottage cheese with tomatoes. I go to bed around 9:00 p.m. My question is... instead of using gatorade powder with creatine, I was thinking that I would try this product: http://register.eas.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10489
and I would add 5 grams creatine. (i would drink it 15 min before my workout was over) Cost is not an issue, so dont tell me that gatorade is cheaper, so thats the way to go. then i would come home and eat my normal last two meals. Do you think this would be a better choice, as it would serve as a better transport for the creatine? also, do my other two post workout meals look good? thanks for the help.

GMCtrk
09-04-2004, 10:14 PM
wheres your calories???? your late day meals look pretty lacking. You need to get a hold of some meat. Eat a chicken breast for lunch. Peanut butter in the morning.

Also, with the creatine you should be seeing a big gain in water mass. When on creatine I can gain up to 12 lbs of water mass.

Max-Mex
09-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Good luck on the weight gain. 90 lbs is really light, even for a woman. Are you trying to gain weight slowly or at a faster pace? Slow would be better as you are less likely to gain fat if you do it slowly. As GMC mentioned, your calories are fairly low. I'd say you might be getting maybe 1200, if that by the look of it. I think you need to track your calories (fitfay.com) and up the intake. My guess is 1800-2000. I think you might see better results. Also, stick to whole foods for a while and only use the supplements if you don't get the cals you need for the day.

I can't say anything about creatine as I don't use it. However, lots of people here do use it and I'm sure they'll be able to help out. Good luck!

ps. to answer the original question, the ProLabs stuff is fine. Seems to have enough of everything for a good post workout meal. Probably not enough calories, but good enough to hold you over until you can get home to eat something a bit more solid.

luckee001
09-05-2004, 03:11 PM
i am tracking my caloires. and i have a breakfast which is like 700 calories- eggs, 1 cup dry oats, soy milk, banana, peanut butter... then i have a snack of like yogurt and cereal in the morning and then i have a huge lunch which is chicken or turkey or tuna on whole wheat bread, with veggies. then i come home and have my shake, then my post workout, then my last two meals. it equals over 2000 calories, which is enough formme to gain at 90 pounds.... u didnt answer my question though on the post workout supplement?

Max-Mex
09-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Which product? I click on the link and I see a whole list. Is there a specific one or do you want comments on the whole thing?

As I mentioned before the ProLabs Lean Mass looks fine. Seems to have a good balance of everything.

shippingandhand
09-05-2004, 05:24 PM
So you basically want to replace the gatorade with one of the EAS Carb drinks to act as a creatine transporter. Its ok to do that, and I know you mentioned that money is not an option but however, I would recommend using Dextrose as a creatine transporter since it has a reputation for being more effective than some of the carb drinks which sometimes have maltodextrin and i'm not really sure which one is more effective since I choose to have creatine with the recommended grape juice. however back to the money not being a factor you could just buy EAS phosphagen HP which is a creatine supplement with the transporter included and some other stuff.

luckee001
09-05-2004, 08:23 PM
ok thanks for the help guys