PDA

View Full Version : Coldstone tonight, what to do?

luke77
09-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Well its my sisters birthday tonight so it looks like weíre going to Coldstone (a big ice cream place) so Iím making it a cheat meal. Besides trying to enjoy myself and not freak out about what Iím eating, is there anything I can do to make the cheat not as bad? I know that all of the sugar in the ice cream will create a big insulin spike (and I store fat very easily); is there anything that you guys do to help negate the impact of this? Like, specifically, Iíve heard of people taking psyllium husk or Metamucil before a meal that they know is gonna be bad; does anyone have any experience with this? Or should I eat some protein or fat with the meal to try to decrease the glycemic load of the meal? Or would these extra calories just make the cheat worse?

Thanks guys,
Luke

SalahG
09-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Well its my sisters birthday tonight so it looks like weíre going to Coldstone (a big ice cream place) so Iím making it a cheat meal. Besides trying to enjoy myself and not freak out about what Iím eating, is there anything I can do to make the cheat not as bad? I know that all of the sugar in the ice cream will create a big insulin spike (and I store fat very easily); is there anything that you guys do to help negate the impact of this? Like, specifically, Iíve heard of people taking psyllium husk or Metamucil before a meal that they know is gonna be bad; does anyone have any experience with this? Or should I eat some protein or fat with the meal to try to decrease the glycemic load of the meal? Or would these extra calories just make the cheat worse?

Thanks guys,
Luke
Enjoy it, and get back on track tommorow.

harryhoudini66
09-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Coldston has some fat free and low carb ice cream. You realy dont have to cheat unless you realy want to.

getfit
09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
i would enjoy every spoonful of that ice cream don't worry like Salahg said just get back on track tomorrow enjoy!!!!!

RichLockyer
09-05-2004, 07:13 PM
Yup...

3500 unburned calories to a pound.
Just don't make it a habit.

Enjoy your evening.

Shao-LiN
09-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Regardless if you store fat very easily, I doubt very much that you'll store a significant amount in one night.

Maki Riddington
09-05-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm assuming you're cutting. If so, don't worry about it. If you've established a routine caloric deficit throughout the week, one meal will have no effect on your fat loss. Enjoy! I know I would.:)

RichLockyer
09-06-2004, 12:12 AM
F you guys :)

Went out tonight and got some paint and tools.
Decided to stop for a Newcastle at Chili's before heading home.

Stopped at Cold Stone on the way home.

F you guys :)

Beast
09-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Everything is fine as long as it's in moderation.

Teh BDK
09-07-2004, 01:03 AM
**** moderation. Go there, get a super bucket of cake batter ice cream with twix and snickers and strawberries (for fiber) and fudge and marshmallow and caramel and mint patties and 3 Musketeers and sprinkles and chocolate sauce and bury your ****ing face in it. Don't come up for air unless you're snarling at approaching spoons.

RichLockyer
09-07-2004, 01:23 AM
**** moderation. Go there, get a super bucket of cake batter ice cream with twix and snickers and strawberries (for fiber) and fudge and marshmallow and caramel and mint patties and 3 Musketeers and sprinkles and chocolate sauce and bury your ****ing face in it. Don't come up for air unless you're snarling at approaching spoons.
That's exactly what I had in mind when I said "Enjoy your evening"
:D

Beast
09-07-2004, 01:30 AM
What you're talking about IS moderation. It's fine to binge as long as he doesn't do it all the time.

Teh BDK
09-07-2004, 01:48 AM
I was referring to every night. Moderation? Pfft.

Life? Once. Enjoy it, God damn it.

I just ate six ice cream sandwiches.

Saint Patrick
09-07-2004, 01:58 AM

W0rd.

HemiVision
09-07-2004, 09:45 AM

I love ice cream sandwiches as much as the next guy... but if I had abs I'd love them even more.

I just got into this debate with a friend when she found out I'd stopped drinking alcohol for fitness reasons. Living life and enjoying it means different things to different people. I actually enjoy the discipline more than the sweets.

In the end you're right, though. People need to do what makes them happy and not worry so much about it.

Teh BDK
09-07-2004, 10:13 AM
Exactly. If you love eating, indulge in food. If discipline turns your crank, indulge in discipline.

Kapow.