PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys cook all the time? What about Microwave diners?

Focused
09-07-2004, 10:49 AM
everytime i see someones meal plan, its hardly any lean cuisine or healthy choice in there...ive been cutting pretty much all summer and im almost done, and ive been eating alot of those lean cuisine dinners...i dont live off those diners though, i might bake some fish or chicken sometimes, but it just doesnt taste as good as those diners..i guess they work pretty well, i can pretty much see my abs now

Bboy486
09-07-2004, 11:25 AM
Arent those Dinner extremely high in Sodium?

galileo
09-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes, they are high in sodium, but they get pretty expensive unless you get them on sale. $2 was the cheapest I got the Healthy Choice meals and the equivalent in other foods (cottage cheese, tuna, oatmeal, etc) was still cheaper.

Max-Mex
09-07-2004, 12:18 PM
FoodNetwork (www.foodtv.com)

Learn to cook. Lots of good recipes there. Spices are you friend.

Focused
09-07-2004, 12:21 PM
does sodium clog arteries? what are the detrimental effects of sodium?

Trent_Steel
09-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Sodium gives you high blood pressure and damages the heart, keep within limits

Ğragons
09-07-2004, 03:38 PM
normally big saturated fat too

Shadowless
09-08-2004, 12:29 PM
I read that microwavable foods are all dead calories and vitamins/minerals ect. anyway. Is that true?

getfit
09-08-2004, 02:10 PM
I read that microwavable foods are all dead calories and vitamins/minerals ect. anyway. Is that true?
www.jrussellshealth.com/microwaves.html

Shadowless
09-08-2004, 09:17 PM
That was a very long, but knowledgable read. It's sad what the common folk doesn't know about **** like this. The damn corporations keep everyone out of the loop. I know I will never be using a microwave again.

I would suggest everyone reading or atleast skimming through that passage. Very good read.

getfit, do you think steaming your food would be a good way to cook them?

geoffgarcia
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM
could you paraphrase what was in the link?

Shadowless
09-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Nope. :)

Na, it explains about microwaves and how unhealthy they are and about how all the vitamins and minerals you think you are getting you really are not.

getfit
09-09-2004, 11:57 AM
That was a very long, but knowledgable read. It's sad what the common folk doesn't know about **** like this. The damn corporations keep everyone out of the loop. I know I will never be using a microwave again.

I would suggest everyone reading or atleast skimming through that passage. Very good read.

getfit, do you think steaming your food would be a good way to cook them?
Sure i steam alot of my food especially my vegetables it retains flavour and nutrients you can also add fresh herbs ,lemon .olive oil.Know i'm vegetarian so i'm not expert when it comes to steaming meats, chicken , fish but i'll have a look and see

getfit
09-09-2004, 12:04 PM
could you paraphrase what was in the link?
if you get a chance to read on it it basically explains the cancerous effects on microwaving foods, decreases food value in nutritive value it's a long read but if you get the chance have a look