PDA

View Full Version : Post workout/pre bed meal

Bboy486
09-08-2004, 09:52 AM
I am at a loss.

I went to the gym at 7 pm yesterday, and by that point i had had 5 meals (3 very small, and 2 large (lunch and early dinner).

When I got home I was not hungry (as i usually am not really hungry right after an intense workout. I took a shake though and relaxed.

around 9:45 I started to get hungry, but i realized I did not reall yhave any food that would fill me up that would be like my last meal (typically ckn or beef/carbs and veg), nor did I want a meal that large.

So my question would be what would be a good calorie dense food that I can eat around that time (i go to sleep around 11 - 1130).

I ended up just having a can of tuna but that didnt fill m eup too much.

I was thinking maybe take a meal supplement shake, but i much rather eat whole food.

By the Way, this is usually what i eat throughout my day:
eggs

oatmeal

subway 12"sub

either soup or pasta anytime

ckn or stk with veg and potatos

WORKOUT
post shake

then tuna plain or tuna and pasta shells (if i didnt eat pasta anytime that day)
(this is wher ei am usually very hungry)
bed

Ğragons
09-08-2004, 10:43 AM
Cottage Cheese

Bboy486
09-08-2004, 10:47 AM
instead of the tuna, or with it(not the same time)?

What is the nutritional breakdown of CC?

Manveet
09-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I am at a loss.

I went to the gym at 7 pm yesterday, and by that point i had had 5 meals (3 very small, and 2 large (lunch and early dinner).

When I got home I was not hungry (as i usually am not really hungry right after an intense workout. I took a shake though and relaxed.

around 9:45 I started to get hungry, but i realized I did not reall yhave any food that would fill me up that would be like my last meal (typically ckn or beef/carbs and veg), nor did I want a meal that large.

So my question would be what would be a good calorie dense food that I can eat around that time (i go to sleep around 11 - 1130).

I ended up just having a can of tuna but that didnt fill m eup too much.

I was thinking maybe take a meal supplement shake, but i much rather eat whole food.

By the Way, this is usually what i eat throughout my day:
eggs

oatmeal

subway 12"sub

either soup or pasta anytime

ckn or stk with veg and potatos

WORKOUT
post shake

then tuna plain or tuna and pasta shells (if i didnt eat pasta anytime that day)
(this is wher ei am usually very hungry)
bed

I would have eaten a relatively large meal after that training session. I would probably go with some cottage cheese, eggs, and some oats.

I just don't see how a can of tuna and shake would suffice after an "intense" workout.