PDA

View Full Version : Dylan's KPE 253, Theories of Conditioning Journal

OceanFit
09-08-2004, 10:30 AM
The purpose of this journal is to track my progress is accomplishing 9 specific physical goals. I came up with these goals after a taking a fitness test the other day in class. The results of the test and my goals are as fallowsÖ

Fitness Test Results
Height: 5í 11Ē
Weight: 183
Body Fat: 10.3 %
Push Ups: 51
Sit-ups (60 sec): 43
Right hand grip strength: 145
Left Hand Grip Strength: 120
Trunk Stretch: 60 cm
Sit and Reach stretch: 48 cm

Fitness Goals
1. Perform 15 or more pull-ups
2. Perform over 80 push-ups
3. Perform over 15 dips
4. Increase definition in abs
4a. Increase number of sit-ups I can do in one minute from 43 to over 60
4b. Perform core strengthening exercises at a minimum of 3 times a week (use UVM track teams program)
5. Define reason for lower back pain / find relationship between pain and specific exercises
6. Run/record a sub six-minute mile
7. Maintain a consistent number of workouts during the week
8. Drink 95 ounces of water daily
9. Increase Muscle mass in arms

galileo
09-08-2004, 11:17 AM
What sort of scale is the grip strength on?

Isaac Wilkins
09-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Welcome to wannabebig.

How goes the certification search?

OceanFit
09-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Ok, so itís been a while since I have been able to get online so I havenít written. I will be passing through Portland this weekend and hope to pick up a bunch of my things, including my computer. So I should be able to get that sucker online and I will be able to post everynight. Basically not much has changed from last week. I have just started another big push in my training and I took this weekend as a chance to say good bye to being a "Joe". I had lots of sex, drank some beers, and ate tons. In KPE this past Thursday we ran a timed 1.5 mile run. I did it in 10:07. I was in the lead group for the first half of the run, but I couldnít hack it. I would like to blame my failure on my lack of food, sleep, and free time to train this past month but I should have been able to do betterÖ

Work Out: chest/should/tri (heavy)
RPE (during): felt very good, probably a 7 or 8 out of 10
RPE (after): felt really good, felt recharged and ready for the looong day I had ahead of me
Water: a little over 100 ounces
Sleep: 6 hrs @ night, 1.5 hrs nap
Meals: 3 meal (small)
Sex: still in troubleÖ

Random thought: had an ďinteresting talkĒ w/ the little lady last night. She found out about a few things Iíve done that Iím not so proud of. Right now things are a little rocky and itís the only thing on my mindÖ hopefully everything will work out

P.S.- I have no idea what scale it was on, but from what I gather I actually did poorly. The search is going really really well! Iíve decided to go with NASM. As soon as I have the time to get started I will be doing it, hopefully sometime this week!

MixmasterNash
09-13-2004, 11:13 PM
Wow, heck of an intro. Hopefully the little lady will come around.

Nice set of goals. I would say (3) will follow pretty easily after (2). As for (5), do you deadlift or do other heavy core work? Most of the people with back pain that I know do NOT lift. Most of the (4b) kinds of programs are limited and not particularly effective.

OceanFit
09-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks man, things seam to be going much better w/ my girl and I. Sometimes a littel time can help things. Today was another looong day, up at 6:30 and class and then work untill 5:30. DIdn't get much sleep last night and I kept forgetting peoples orders at work. Made a cool 60 bucks in tips! thats not bad for a tuesdady lunch shift... but waiting tables still sucks. Team finland lost tonight in the hosckey world cups... that sucks! Booo Canada

Work Out: Morning run
RPE (during): very very bad, couldn't finish the 3 miles I had planned, had to walk back a mile...
RPE (after): lungs felt like the were burning

Work Out: We did strength testing today in KPE, my results were as fallows...
Bench: 205
Con. Curl: 42.5
Leg Press (girls leg press): 320
Dip Machine: 220
Lat Pull Down: 180
Pull Ups: 11
Seated Leg Curl: 230
Double Arm Should Raise Machine: 135
*everything in 5 rep. max

RPE (during): Felt good, chest was still a little sore
RPE (After): Felt really good, kind of cocky

Sleep: 5 hrs @ night, 2 hrs nap
Water: 75 ounces
Meals: 3 meal (small)
Sex: quite frankly, too tired

Randome Thought: soooo behiund in work, thank god I don't work tomorow!

OceanFit
09-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Work Out: UVM core training, and lifted back, trap, & bi
RPE (during): Felt good
RPE (After): Felt really good

Sleep: 7 hrs @ night, no naps
Water: about 100 ounces
Meals: eat like a pig today. Snuck into the freshmen cafť
Sex: 2 timesÖ thats why there was no nap

OceanFit
09-22-2004, 08:11 AM
ok, so its been a while since I could get on here, and I don't really have the time now. OK, over the weekend I went down to New York for the weekend. I got a chance to do a little grappleing. It was a good time. Other than that I didn't really work out much. Yesterday I did chest and shoulder and today I did back and bi. MY split is all F'ed up and I need to sit down and think about it some time, but as for now I don't really have the time. OK, g2g

later
Dylan

OceanFit
09-26-2004, 05:56 PM
big test tomorrow, been studying for it all week. Training has been going ok, I'll be able to write more tomorrow hopefully

later
Dylan

OceanFit
09-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Ok, so I think I did well on the big test today, but tests can be tricky like that and it can turn out you got like a 50. So Iím just going to keep my fingers crossed. This past weekend, I think I ran once. I've started running a lot more regularly in the past week though. I am running for time, and keeping track that my heart rate, making sure it stays in the target zone. I hope to increase the time of my runs by 5% a week. I am presently trying to gain some size and strength so I know I'm not going to improve my cardio fitness during this time, but thereís no need to fall behind.

Todayís summary goes as fallowsÖ

Work Out 1: 30 minute hill run
RPE (during): Felt ok, keeping better track of my heart rate now
RPE (After): Felt energized, which I needed for work

Sleep: 6 hrs @ night, no naps
Water: like noneÖ and stuff
Meals: not too sure, ate well though, had some soup and salad at work tonight
Sex: at this point I am realizing that Iím not getting enough of this to justify keeping track of it.

Random thought: when I first started this journal I wanted to keep track of a lot of different things and see how they all might affect my training and performance. Sex was one of those thingsÖ I donno where Iím really going with this, butÖ damn it!!!

OceanFit
04-06-2005, 08:10 AM
So itís been a really long time since I last posted anything for my journal. Here is a summary of things that have been happening. I have dropped out of grad school and have taken a sales job back in Portland. My parents have split and I am presently living with my mom. Although I plan on moving out as soon as I get some money saved up. I am starting to get into pretty good shape again. I am lifting on a regular basis and I am starting to grapple again. The University of Southern Maine will be having open mat for wrestling soon and I fully plan on going to that on a regular basis. Right now I am in the middle of a strength and power phase in my training. My lifting is as fallows:

Program Overview:
Day 1: Pull (Heavy)
Day 2: Push (Heavy)
Day 3: Legs 1
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Pull (Light)
Day 6: Push (Light)
Day 7: Legs 2
Day 8: Off
Repeat

Pull Heavy =
Hang Clean 4 x 5 @ 85, 90, 95, 100 %
RDL 4x 8 @ 85, 90, 95, 100 %
Up Right Row 4 x 8
DB Row 4 x 10
DB Curl/ Push Up supper set 4x 10/ burn

Push Heavy =
Flat BB Press 4 x 5 @ 85, 90, 95, 100 %
Incline BB Press 4 x 10
Decline BB Press 4 x 10
Front Raise 3 x 10
Side Raise 3 x 10
Push Downs 4 x 10

Legs 1 =
Lung 4 x 20
Leg Press/Incline Sit up supper set
Calves (any)

Pull Light =
Pull Ups
Towel Pull Ups
Seated Row
BB Curl
Bicep Curl (any)

Push Light =
Flat DB Press
Pull Over/ Fly supper set
Arnold Shoulder Press
Dips
OH Extension

Legs 2 =
Power Step up
Power clean to front squat
RDL
Claves (any)

Ö As for cardio I am really just wrestling around or hitting the pads 3 times a week. I know I am going to take a good look at my self in the mirror one day in a few weeks and shriek at the fat man I see looking back at me. Thatís probably when I will start to slow down the lifting and pick up my wrestling and cardio. That should be about the right time to start getting ready for some wrestling or grappling tournaments too so I think I am pretty set for a little while. After I have relived my glory days on the mat (thatís a joke) I will probably take a week or so off and enjoy the beaches and then maybe think about doing a Triathlon. I know I know, I hate to jump on the band wagon, but my mother wants to do one and it would be fun to do one with her. But yeah, g2g

OceanFit
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Ok, so itís been a few days, Iíve been training pretty consistently. I am going to try lifting in the mornings. I hate mornings so I donít know how well I will be able to keep this up. But I was able to do it today and the first day is always the hardest with this kind of thing. Work is going well too. It looks like I may have made my first sale today so I am pumped about that. I also found a new office park I can probably drum something up in so all in all I am doing well. But its 4:30 and I am in sales so its just about time to head home so I am going to try to sneak out a little early.

Later
Dylan

OceanFit
09-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Wow, looking back at my old posts it helps me remember how stressful things were about a year ago. Things are much better now! I feel like in 2004 I fell off a cliff and I was just falling for the entire year. To say the least I was broke, unemployed, one step away from homelessness, in a troubled relationship, my parents got a divorce, my dog died, my grandmother got real sick, my youngest brother went away to boot camp and received orders to go to Iraq, my gym closed down (its where I started training I loved it with all my heart), I was gaining weight and getting in the worst shape of my life, things looked pretty bad. 2005 has been much better for me, I feel as if I have landed on my feet. Iíve got a job, lost the chub, my girl and I are so much happier, I have made some cool new friends who help keep me away from drinking, my brother came home and is taking classes at the local university, my parents are still split up but maybe thatís for the best, Iíve got an awesome new car (Love the VW), Iíve got an awesome new dog and a lot of other personal things have been sorted out and everything feels stable.

As I mentioned I am getting back into shape. Although I am not lifting nearly as much, I am working harder than ever. On most days I am getting 2 work outs in. I have gotten back into BJJ and Grappling. I actually went to some tournaments and kicked some ass this summer. I got first in the intermediate light heavy weight division at NAGA Cape Cod this summer and actually just got back from taking second in the advanced division at Grapplers Quest in the 189 pound weight class! Thatís right mofo, advanced! I have tossed the standard body builder type lifting to the wind in the name of better performance on the mat. I have been doing crossfit work outs and havenít been so challenged since I wrestled in high school. If anybody reading this wants to check them out they are free and available 24 hours a day at www.crossift.com Ö mess you up! But I really need to get back to work. Hope everybody else is doing well and that anybody who isnít can hold on

OceanFit
04-25-2006, 08:20 AM
ok, so I'm back

yesterdays work outs:
RUN- 3 miles
RPE (during): A little out of breath, pushed it hard in the woods, tossed my cookies near the end.
RPE (after): Felt OK, not like I just puked, not too sure what that was all about. I'm sure it was just an enomoley and will be fine next time out

LIFT- WBB One, day 1
RPE (during): A little stressed, felt strong, but my shoulder was hurting early into the workout. Took it light and will have to make sure I take better care of my shoulder from now on.
RPE (after): Felt fine, a little soar today, but isn't that the point? Both shoulders are a little tight, will have to stretch them out have to work on strengthening my ro-cuf

Plans for today:
- 30 minutes of cardio
- Kickboxing (I know this sounds like it should be an intense workout but I am still learning the basics so I am going at a pretty slow pace)

Sleep: 6 hrs @ night, 2 hrs nap
Water: I have no idea, not as much as I wanted, but not bad
Food: ehh, to be honest thats more than I am keeping track of these days, but this will help me to be more aware of that

Random thought: I need to stop steeling protein bars from work...

OceanFit
04-26-2006, 03:27 AM
yesterdays work outs:

CARDIO- 30 min on the Arctrainer
RPE (during): average, my heart rate stayed up for 30 min's and thats all I really wanted out of this.
RPE (after): felt fine, did a light stretch

KICK BOXING-
RPE (during): felt sloppy, need to put more time in here
RPE (after): felt like a million bucks

Plans for today:
- RUN, probably an easy 3 miles
- LIFT, WBB ONE, day 2

Sleep: 6 hrs @ night, 30 min nap
Water: again, I am clueless
Food: also clueless here

Random thought: I am sooo tired, I've got to get a new job!

OceanFit
07-06-2007, 08:45 AM
haha, wow, funny to look back at this stuff. This journal is going on three years old and it seams like I am saying the same stuff over and over again at any given point in my life.

I am now at post college job deuce and still hating every second of it. But I think I have a plan to do something different.

I am getting married at the end of this summer. Everybody telling me how terrieble it is. But am really excited.

I'm fat again. I had a MMA fight in Jan and get into pretty good shape for it. I won by dec. if you want to know. But now I am working too much to really get into great shape... scratch that, I play video games when I get out of work instead of working out. I love snipping out mofo's.

I am probably around 195 lbs. I am guessing probably 14 -15 % BF.

I have problems in my wrist now from a bad work station at work.

I am pretty sure I am done with my MMA dream. Its just not going to happen. I just don't have the motivation to really do anything in MMA.

I'm not really too sure what to do with myself lately. I've been thinking about getting into bodybuilding type lifting again. Its how I started and I would like to take a step back I think. But where is my hunger? Maybe I'm not angry anymore? I donno. Right now I just want to not be a fatass and be healthy.

I used to have this hunger to train. Where did it go? Maybe I was trying to keep up with my brothers, and with them gone what is the point? Maybe I was insecure and I am just happier now? Maybe I was just young and full of energy? Maybe my dad was more of a help than I gave him credit for? That guy kept a routine and stuck with it. He used to drag me out of bed on saturdays to go train. I hated it, but I loved it. Maybe I am working too much. I just feel tired all the time. Maybe the people around me now aren't the right people for me to train hard and be happy? The MMA gym is all about making money, not making great fighters. Ocean Fitness closed. Oak and John are gone. The regular gym (Planet Fitness) I go to is not a place to really train, its just so cheap. I donno

I feel like a "normal" person now. I never wanted to be a normal guy. I liked being weird. What the hell happend to me?

Isaac Wilkins
07-06-2007, 02:17 PM
You're still in Portland, Dylan?

I might be able to scare up some boys that will throw down in the gym with you if you want.

ericg
07-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Wow. I cant believe I never noticed another local here. Hopefully you keep up the posting!

OceanFit
07-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey Issac

I am still in Portland for the summer. I'm not really looking for a fight to be honest with you. I am not in any shape to be taking all comers. But thanks for the offer. I was just bitching about getting older and fatter.

Eric G, where in Maine are you located? As I mentioned, I am in Portland. Borris is like to original wannabebig Mainer and has been on this forum for like a long time.

Anyway

yesterdays work outs:

BJJ- 45 min, Circuit Training
RPE (during): I felt challenged a lot of bigger guys were there last night. Usually the academy is a lot of tough light weights and some OK middle kind of guys and a random heavy every now and then. Last night on the other was all medium to large guys. They were all at least as strong, if not stronger than me. There were even a few guys who wrestled at USM there I think. It was some good rolling! It was humid, and it was gi jiu-jitsu so it was that much harder. I hated it, but I loved it!

RPE (after): I was pretty much on cloud nine. All the positive endorphins were firing and I felt really good. My face is a little beat up and my neck is a little soar. So I know I am not used to rolling.

Plans for today:
- run 2 x 6 Tabata sprints on the treadmil, not sure of the incline I am going to use. I will have to play around with that on my warm up. I think this is going to be the start of something I am going to do at least three times a week.
- More BJJ, drill tech.
- Maybe some core, i don't know, we might not have time

Sleep: 6.75 hrs @ night
Water: 2 leters
Food: nothing specific, but I was pretty good all day. A lot of good carbs, fat, and protein

"Alright, Weíre gonna do it again for you now:
Theyíve got an army of ears
They canít hear you now
Iíve got this piss in my veins
And these furrowed brows
Youíve got this one last chance to burn me, turn me, down

If not,
Iíve got these last twelve bucks to spend on you
You can take me anywhere you sick mind wants to
Use yourself to fuel me, using you
I hear hey, hey hey heyÖ"

ericg
07-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I work in Brunswick and live in Auburn.

Ive actually hung out with Borris a few times. I think I puked in his boot one night after some cheap tequila shots!

OceanFit
07-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Busy day today, so lets keep this short

Yesterdays Exercise
I missed class and couldnít find my running shoes so I just rolled a lot.
BJJ- 8 x 4 minute rounds
RPE During: Was getting my ass kicked. I am scared to shoot lately. I think I am enjoying training again though. So thatís good.
RPE After: Kind of worn out. But it felt good, I am always happy when I feel like I am getting pushed.

Sleep: 6 hours, no naps
Water: 66 ounces
Food: Was OK, bought lunch, was probably a little too fatty

Plans for today
Hard class at the gym, my goal is to get past the hole being scared to shoot thing. I need to alow myself to get put in some bad spots and learn that I can work out of them. And that it is OK to lose in practices, thatís how you learn.

Isaac Wilkins
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey Issac

I am still in Portland for the summer. I'm not really looking for a fight to be honest with you. I am not in any shape to be taking all comers. But thanks for the offer. I was just bitching about getting older and fatter.

I feel you. I was actually talking about weight training, although I do guys who used to fight in the southern Maine area.

Edit: About the fear to shoot thing, keep working on your set-ups. It's good to get in a bad position once in a while so you're not afraid of it, but if you learn to set up well then your shot percentage will go way up which will bring your confidence up.

I realize this is coming from a 250 lb perspective, so not everything I do would work for you, but some applies. Basically if you really want the shot, then it's yours. People get ****ed when they half-ass shoot because they're scared or lacking in confidence. Set up well, then go get deep on the ****er. It's the "drop and grab" shooters that get killed.

Isaac Wilkins
07-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I work in Brunswick and live in Auburn.

Ive actually hung out with Borris a few times. I think I puked in his boot one night after some cheap tequila shots!

:swear:

OceanFit
07-13-2007, 10:03 AM
OK, so I missed yesterday because I was being lazy the night before last and I was super busy yesterday, mostly because people were giving my crap about stupid **** at work.

WENDESDAY:

BJJ/Boxing: So Wednesday night I did circuit training and accelerated class. Circuit training is basically an organized open mat. We work a lot of positional drills and you tend to work with almost everybody there. Itís open to all ranks and you never know what you are going to get. On Wednesday there were some larger guys there. Probably not as good as Monday, but it was still a good time. Accelerated class is basically the same but we mix in strikes and it is a specific group of guys, a lot of blues and a purple belt every now and then.

RPE During: I was having a hard time. I was there from 6:30 to 8:30, and I was already beat when I came in. I held my own, but I was a little cranky and it was hard.

RPE: I was even more cranky and tired. I went home ate, walked my dog, and played some video games (my personal reward)

Sleep: 6 hours
Food: I packed my lunch so it was healthy. Probably too heavy on the carbs, I want to spend some time and get organized with this. I think I would like more protein in my diet
Water: another two liters, I did the math, and thatís not enough for my fat ass

THURSDAY:

Not a dam thing.

I took Daisy for probably a mile and a half walk, but that was it. Then I went to Target and got a pair of khakis (b/c all of mine are stained) to wear to a wedding this weekend. Ate some sushi and went to be

Sleep:
Food: I had a turkey Italian sandwich for lunch, I asked for no oil, but they put it on and I was hungry so I ate it anyway. A lot of fruits and veggies per usual.
Water: another 2 liters, I am shooting for 3 a day from now on.

TODAY:

Sleep: a solid 7 hours
Food: more protein so far. I didnít pack a lunch so I am probably gonna eat something bad for lunch
Water: just finished my first liter, one more before I leave the office, and another around my workouts.

Planned Work Out
I am getting out of work on time today, thatís for dam sure! When I left on Thursday I had already worked over 40 hours. I am mostly set for this audit in 2 weeks so today it going to be an easy day.

I am going to go get some new running shoes, old ones are still missing and are probably a little too old anyway. Then I am gonna run to the academy and make somebody fight me. See if josh wants to do some drilling and maybe some rolling. Or maybe do a heavybag work out if nobody cool is there. I have been wanting to clean my boxing up lately. So a little effort there wouldnít be wasted. Then try to bum a ride home or run it if I have to.

As for Friday night celebrations. I am going to a wedding tomorrow so I think I will get be low key about the hole thing.

OceanFit
07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I feel you. I was actually talking about weight training, although I do guys who used to fight in the southern Maine area.

Edit: About the fear to shoot thing, keep working on your set-ups. It's good to get in a bad position once in a while so you're not afraid of it, but if you learn to set up well then your shot percentage will go way up which will bring your confidence up.

I realize this is coming from a 250 lb perspective, so not everything I do would work for you, but some applies. Basically if you really want the shot, then it's yours. People get ****ed when they half-ass shoot because they're scared or lacking in confidence. Set up well, then go get deep on the ****er. It's the "drop and grab" shooters that get killed.

hey man,

I have tendonitis in both my wrists and every time I start lifting again I get hurt and set back another month. This last time I just did one heavy snatch workout (170 lbs, new PR) with a friend and I was in some real pain. So Iím not really lifting right now. I have to take it very slow and work my way back. Plus I want to work on getting better and BJJ right now. And I donít really have time for both.

As for my doubles. My problem has never been getting in. It has been finishing. I think I am just used to BJJ guys who will just pull guard, but a wrestler will fight you on it. So I have gotten lazy, and when a wrestler comes in, I get scared and wrestle like a fairy.

ericg
07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
You taking anything for the wrist pain. Fish oil or anything, glucosamine?

OceanFit
07-17-2007, 06:47 AM
You taking anything for the wrist pain. Fish oil or anything, glucosamine?

Ice and ibuprofen and I have been stretching. My PT told me the root of my problem was probably a bad work station. I had some one come in and take a look at my station and she made some recommendations, my boss never fallowed threw.

Its not a joint problem, its tendons that are way too tight so I don't know if glucosamine would help.

I have been wanting to lift really bad lately, but I am just scared of hurting myself again.

OceanFit
07-17-2007, 10:07 AM
OK, so weekend recap. Had another wedding this weekend. I donít know why but I didnít have a good time. The last few Iíve been too were actually a really good time but I think I was just burned out on weddings for the summer. Anyway, again, I ate like an ass hole all weekend. I tried to stay sober, but it crept up on me. I didnít work out one time and I feel like **** so far this week.

Exercise: n/a
Food: fatty crap
Water: not enough
Sleep: 6 hours Friday night, like 10 Saturday night

Yesterday:
Exercise: Hill Sprints, did them with my brothers, Oak fresh back from Ranger school, Jason just starting to train.
RPE During: I was sort of holding back, Oak is still weak and Jason is completely new to this stuff
RPE After: Felt OK, not that spent feeling I was looking for.

Food: Healthy
Water: 2-3 liters
Sleep: 7íish hours
Work: 10.5 hours of paper workÖ

Gonna go to BJJ tonight, its an advanced class so I will have to get some other type of work out in. later, maybe those tabata sprints from the other day

Random: Thought: working a lot of hours this week. Even though I sit at a desk all day I am exhausted when I get home. Maybe I am just a light weight. But this work takes more out of me than anything else Iíve done, and Iíve done a lot of hard jobs.

OceanFit
08-02-2007, 08:31 AM
OK, so things have beeb going well for my lately,
had an audit at work and passed with flying colors!

Did another wedding last weekend. I am getting really sick of these things. My own wedding is in a few weeks so I'd better shape up.

As for training things are going better. My wrist is starting to feel like it is thinking about getting better. I have been really enjoying BJJ lately. And I have been running incline treadmill sprints. my routine is as fallows

Sun: Rest
Mon: Long Sprints
Tue: BJJ/Tabata Sprints
Wed: Hard BJJ/ Recovery Run
Thu: BJJ/Tabata Sprints
Fri: Long Sprints
Sat: Active rest day

Tabata Sprints: These things really suck! 20 sec on, 10 sec off, 9 mph @ 9% incline. Started out at 3 sets of 6 intervals, will be working my way up to 3 sets of 8 intervals over a months time. 1 min rest between sets, barely enough time to recover!

Long Sprints: Again, these suck! Started out at 3 sets of 1:50 (1 min, 50 sec) @ 7 mph/ 9%, will work my way up to 5 sets of 2:20 over a months time. 1 min rest between sets.

Recovery Run: Doesn't have to be a run, just 30 min's of easy cardio. Also a good stretch this day

Active Rest Day: Lately it has been moving. But I am done with that. So now I will do something outside like a short hike.

I have been thinking about adding in some dynamic core training on fridays and mondays. I have some cool ideas that involve standing up on a exercise ball and passing a ball around. A lot ripped ab'ness for sure.

I am pretty sure I will be able to keep this up untill the wedding so hopefully I will be able to take my shirt off in HI!

OceanFit
08-03-2007, 01:07 PM
last night went well. I did the tabata sprints and got some good BJJ in. I feel like I am working threw my problem with going too hard.

Today on the other hand has been going poorly, I broke down and had fried chicken for lunch... so effing good! And I had a few chocolates later in the after noon. If taht is my one bad meal for the week I think it is OK. THe only trouble is keeping it to that one bad meal. I am going to avoid restaurnts for the weekend.

I am pumped to be able to work some core tonight. Sprints will suck, but when they are over I think it will be OK.

I have been working on being able to jump onto a swiss ball. Standing up on it is too easy! I would say I land it 20% of the time. I took one bad fall the other day. But if I can jump up onto a swiss ball and stand there, that would be cool as hell. I also want to be able to do cleans from the top of a ball. Oak was able to clean like 75 pounds a few summers ago so I am hoping to be working with like 135. Maybe I can take a video of it and post it online!

later,

Dylan