PDA

View Full Version : Eating less and getting in shape

Shiva Christ
09-10-2004, 02:19 PM
I have a problem with eating food. I like it too much. I know it is all about self control but I find it infinitely easier to eat less (avoid eating food) then to eat... when I eat I want a lot of the bad things that are no good for losing weight and building a body.

Over the last 2 weeks I've eaten less, and also because of that eaten more healthier food... and I've lost a little weight.

Now I'm going to be re-adding cardio and some weight training to the mix.

I know the talk usually is of "Eat 6 times a day!" or "Eat a lot of protein to build muscle!" but is it possible to build a decent body and lose weight by eating less?

Or at least reach my first goal - losing all the excess weight so I can actually see the muscles that are already there. My main problem is that I have fat deposits that need to go and I've had a LOT of trouble getting rid of them.

Brokensword
09-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Most people would tell you that it is impossible to lose bodyfat and build muscle at the same time. I used to be very overweight and when I had finally lost all the fat, I found that I had also lost alot of muscle. I now regret not ever taking advantage of all that stored up fat enegry and bulking up and THEN cutting down.

I suggest bulking up for a few months and THEN try cutting, you may find it easier to cut out those fat deposits with more muscle packed on. Also while you're bulking you're eating a ton of calories and when you start your cut, your body will respond more to a calorie-reduced diet, It will be like shocking your body into some quick fat loss.