PDA

View Full Version : Should I drop bowling?

Den Fisher
09-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Today I was at the gym.. then like immediately after I had to go to the bowling ally for my league to bowl.. and my arm was sore the whole time.. and I just was wondering if it made me overtrain? And was my workout today a waste because I went to the ally afterwards and overtrainned my arm?

Thanks!

SalahG
09-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Today I was at the gym.. then like immediately after I had to go to the bowling ally for my league to bowl.. and my arm was sore the whole time.. and I just was wondering if it made me overtrain? And was my workout today a waste because I went to the ally afterwards and overtrainned my arm?

Thanks!
lol, NO, you will not overtrain from bowling.

Den Fisher
09-11-2004, 02:54 PM
mean it won't put stress on my arm and overtrain it any? =/

Shad
09-11-2004, 02:56 PM
his answer was kind of the macho, bowling is for pussies approach.

To tell you the truth if you are is sore and is adjitating you when you are bowling you shouldnt continue.

Realistically you are still lifting those bowling balls one way or another. Wether people think it is a exercise or not... its still an exercise none the less

CiteCollegiale
09-11-2004, 04:03 PM
As long as ate something or had a shake i see no problem with that.

SalahG
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
his answer was kind of the macho, bowling is for pussies approach.

To tell you the truth if you are is sore and is adjitating you when you are bowling you shouldnt continue.

Realistically you are still lifting those bowling balls one way or another. Wether people think it is a exercise or not... its still an exercise none the less
No, I didn't mean it like that. I think bowling is fun. You will not overtrain from bowling unless you have trouble curling the 15 pound dumbell's.

shootermcgavin7
09-11-2004, 10:50 PM
The only thing I would worry about when bowling is drinking too much beer. Make sure you're bulking........

thetopdog
09-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Unless you want to be a competitive bodybuilder or something, don't give up hobbies you enjoy (that aren't bad for you) just to make 0.00001% more gains in the gym. It's not worth it

Nights
09-12-2004, 12:09 PM
I agree with topdog. Bodybuilding is grand, but putting aside all things you enjoy for it is going a little too far. I'm sure the difference made by bowling won't be all that great. If you are worried about it, try scheduling workouts around it (try to have it on a rest day or something of that sort).

I think the point of lifting is so you can look good, be healthy and enjoy life. Don't think it's so you can give up every other hobby and thing you love. (Though some things obviously will be sacrificed. Like couch potating and eating at Al's House of Crap. Damn.. I loved that place)

Den Fisher
09-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Hmm.. so if I could bowl on my restdays that'd be ok? Even though it's a rest day and I shouldn't be lifting stuff.. even if it is 15 pound bowling balls.

AzBboy
09-12-2004, 03:02 PM
i wouldnt say putting aside a hobby to progress in your weight training is bad at all, especially if u love weight training more than the thing u put aside. as for me, i was a b-boyin FREAK i was a monster, dancin 24/7. i also weight trained on the side. being an ecto, i always weight trained for weight gain, but all my dancin wouldnt allow me to put on an ounce, burned incredibly too much calories, so i had to drop dance to allow me to bulk. i dont regret it for a sec. as long as u dont lose your talents in bowling, as i havent lost mine for b-boyin, then your not at any loss. good luck

body
09-12-2004, 03:23 PM
going bowling when ever you want. its nothing to worry about. even pro-bber can going bowling.
it will not hurt your gains. people even do active recovery things. at this rate, my typing a response to this is going to voer trian my fingers. so i better stop typing.

BCC
09-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Bowling isn't going to hurt anything. Hell, I went bowling twice this weekend.

SW
09-12-2004, 06:35 PM
I have highschool bowling practices on tues. and wed. during the season, and I lift on wed's so I do a 2 day split for mon and fri because I can't fit them in the same time frame. If I had time, I would definitely do both.