PDA

View Full Version : Boiled food

Beavereater
09-11-2004, 06:52 PM
I boil a lot of my food, chicken, pork or other meat. Just wondering where I can get the nutritional for them. I can't seem to find it at fitday.com. The closest thing I can find is stewed, and I am assuming thats not the same. Anyone??

Saint Patrick
09-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Just use the weight for that particular meat (steak, chicken, etc),

ryuage
09-11-2004, 07:21 PM
why not weigh it raw

Beavereater
09-11-2004, 07:29 PM
Man...I hate to sound like an ass...but if I weigh it, how do I know the calories, or fat or anything in it!? Is that how it's done?! Doesn't boiling it get out a lot of the fat, and also take out some of the good stuff?? Sorry to be a noob at this...

toughguywannabe
09-11-2004, 08:25 PM
all i know is that when u boil food it ends up being lighter so maybe u are losing somethin who knows..

manowar669
09-12-2004, 08:22 AM
The general nutritional info (macros, calories) would be about the same as grilled, baked, etc. If anything, I would guess boiled food has more nutrients than foods cooked at higher temperatures, unless it's boiled for a long time (in which case, nutrients can leach out into the water, veggies really lose nutrients this way, do not boil veggies). In boiling, the food only gets to 212F (100C). Grilling can be 500F or higher. High temperatures destroy some nutrients. Any change in macros or calories from boiling would not be enough to matter in the long run. I boil a lot of my food (meat and eggs mostly) too, just because it's fast, easy, and I can do a ton of food at once.