PDA

View Full Version : My Cutting Diet: Critique

Shobe
09-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Here is my cutting diet I am going to start on Monday, please give me suggestions, comments, etc. I'm 21 and I am 5' 11" and weigh 200lbs.

Breakfast: 5 egg whites, 1 piece of whole wheat toast, water
Mid Morning: Whey Protein
Lunch: Turkey on Whole Wheat, Piece of fruit, Water
Mid Afternoon: Whey Protein
Dinner: Lean Protein, veggies, "good" carbs
Bed time: ZMA, L-Glut

Lifting Schedule
Mon-Bi's, Tri's, Chest
Tues-Traps & Deltoids
Wed-Back, Abs
Thur & Fri-Cardio

Aspect
09-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Where's your fat coming from? You absolutely need to take in some fat for a variety of health reasons, and as long as you account for the calories it won't harm your cut in any way.

Throw in some olive oil / flax oil / fish oil / hemp oil (even just 10g or so per day would be a vast improvement), or eat oily fish. If you've worked out how many calories you're going to be eating, simply take out some cals from elsewhere (e.g. make your whey shakes slightly smaller, or eat slightly less at dinner) to account for the 90cals or so of fat you'd be adding.

Also, where's your leg training?

Shobe
09-12-2004, 11:23 AM
So if I add a little bit of fat in there, would that diet be ok for cutting??

ryuage
09-12-2004, 11:42 AM
doesnt look like enough food, what is the breakdown of your diet looking like?

Shobe
09-12-2004, 12:04 PM
What do you mean, what is the breakdown of my diet? What I listed is my diet.

Zearoth
09-12-2004, 12:14 PM
He probably is referring to "breakdown" as in the number of calories and macronutrients.

Max-Mex
09-13-2004, 08:59 AM
You need to create a calorie deficit. You have no idea if that diet you listed will work because you dont know how many total calories you are taking in. First you need to figure out you Base Metabolic Rate and go from there. If you BMR is 3000 cals/day, then you need to eat less than 3000 cals to lose wieght.