PDA

View Full Version : length of bulk

Budiak
02-17-2001, 11:20 PM
So... for how long should I bulk? I was thinking that a month and a half of clean(er) eating and more intense training should yield some good gain judging on how I trained and ate during the past month anda half (high volume, 1800 or so cals. Hey, I didnt know any better.) and I was still able to put two inches on around my chest. I wanted to know how long bulks and cuts should last, if I'm not planning on competing any time soon. Remember I wanted to put on 15-20 lbs in 5 months, but I dont want to have to buy special "fat pants". Needless to remind you all, but I used to be a pretty fat bastige, and my body stores fat fairly readily, so two months of this bulking stuff and I wont be able to see my toes.

Wizard
02-18-2001, 01:43 AM
You bulk up,up to the point you consider.No one can advice you to bulk for a month or two.. It's up to you.If you can't stand fat gain you could do shorter cycles.

Chris Rodgers
02-18-2001, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it's pretty much up to you. I am going to bulk until I feel I NEED to cut. I probably will only cut if I want to compete in PL and I need to make a certain weight, other than that I won't cut until I hit at least 180. You heard it here. If you ever see me make a post about cutting and it isn't for that reason, let me have it! :)

Budiak
02-18-2001, 08:10 PM
Ok, I was mainly wondering if it screwed up your metabolism if you switch between bulking and cutting too often. I will probably start cutting once I hit 155 lbs or so. Hopefully most of that gain will be muscle now that I'm eating clean :)