PDA

View Full Version : Critique! Input Needed

turnonthelight
09-12-2004, 10:51 AM
What's going on ya'll? I'm 5'10 and 184 lbs, and have been working out on and off since Spring 2003. I'm trying to gain mass, but it's very difficult. I'm thinking of weight gainer and proteing powder as a means to gain the mass that I want. I just want to get semi-"bulky" and then cut later on during Spring 2004, maybe.

Please leave your input.

In addition, I've been trying this workout courtesy of www.bodybuilding.com . It says to workout 3x a week on for less than an hour. Let me know what you guys think. I feel a big pump after every workout, and i've done it for 2 weeks already.

INPUT

Here's the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

GMCtrk
09-12-2004, 10:53 AM
You would look a lot better if you dumped some BF%. You have a lot of potential under there.

ryuage
09-12-2004, 10:58 AM
what's with the lotion at the computer desk :hump:

hehe

forget weight gainer, if you are looking to put on mass, train hard get your rest, and eat real food.

turnonthelight
09-12-2004, 06:29 PM
so what is real food? honestly, i don't know...

what have others out there done to gain mass?

please help a dude out... :spam:

Den Fisher
09-12-2004, 08:04 PM
what's with the lotion at the computer desk :hump

lol

I think he means by not eating fast food, white bread, junk food, soda etc.

And eat lots of protein + calories

If you're bulking.. then you should be eating around 3,800-4,000 calories a day I'm pretty sure.. and maybe 300 g's of protein.

Hickory
09-12-2004, 08:17 PM
do not eat 300 g of protein per day, that is a complete waste.

BCC
09-12-2004, 09:15 PM
If you need the weight gainer for extra calories, then by all means throw it in there. That's what it's for. I don't look at it as being any different than food.

BigNic
09-12-2004, 09:23 PM
calories are calories.

BigNic
09-12-2004, 09:24 PM
dammit, chase's back avatar is killing mine again

Organichu
09-12-2004, 09:36 PM
dammit, chase's back avatar is killing mine again

I think he does it to spite you- that's twice, by my count. =\

BigNic
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
ya man, i really need to catch up

BCC
09-12-2004, 09:59 PM
lol hey, I posted first.

toughguywannabe
09-12-2004, 10:43 PM
i dunno dude u don't look like ur 184 but maybe u have huge legs..im 5'10 i weighed 185 after my bulk and i thought i looked pretty hefty probably mostly fat tho.. what do ur arms and chest measure in at? i think weight gainer is a waste of money!! my friend said 1 serving of gnc weight gainer is like 1 gallon or somethin crazy.. u can simply put a lot of **** in a blender and it'll be just as good if not better than weight gainer..
try this shake:
16 oz milk
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
2 tbs natty pb
1 scoop of ice cream
1 egg white
and half a scoop of protein powder.. i did that everyday when i bulked i gained a lot of fat but to me it was well worth it!!

EviscerationX
09-12-2004, 10:57 PM
"If you're bulking.. then you should be eating around 3,800-4,000 calories a day I'm pretty sure.. and maybe 300 g's of protein."

Um............no.

You weigh 184, so you should be getting around 184-190g of protein (about 1 gram of protein for 1 pound of body weight).

EviscerationX
09-12-2004, 11:02 PM
i dunno dude u don't look like ur 184 but maybe u have huge legs..im 5'10 i weighed 185 after my bulk and i thought i looked pretty hefty probably mostly fat tho.. what do ur arms and chest measure in at? i think weight gainer is a waste of money!! my friend said 1 serving of gnc weight gainer is like 1 gallon or somethin crazy.. u can simply put a lot of **** in a blender and it'll be just as good if not better than weight gainer..
try this shake:
16 oz milk
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
2 tbs natty pb
1 scoop of ice cream
1 egg white
and half a scoop of protein powder.. i did that everyday when i bulked i gained a lot of fat but to me it was well worth it!!That sounds really good :D I'm gonna try that out!!

As for gaining fat, I couldn't do that if I tried. Gaining fat is damn near impossible for me. I can eat anything and just gain muscle and no fat, which sounds lucky, but it requires large amounts of effort and dedication (just like anything else worth having). I'm like an ecto-mesomorph...

toughguywannabe
09-12-2004, 11:37 PM
man i wish i can do that.. i was testing my body to see how well i can keep my bf around 16% too bad i jumped past 20% when my bulk was done now it's gonna be a bitch to cut. i've only been cutting for about 2 months i lost about 8 lbs so far.. it's jus my diet sucks man well it's decent it's jus my parents are the worst when im on a diet i eat my cottage cheese b4 bed then my mom says there's pizza in the fridge and im like wtf!?!?? it's hard to fight those temptations but about 20% of the time i have to give in it sucks!

BCC
09-13-2004, 09:59 AM
try this shake:
16 oz milk
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
2 tbs natty pb
1 scoop of ice cream
1 egg white
and half a scoop of protein powder.. i did that everyday when i bulked i gained a lot of fat but to me it was well worth it!!

But the difference between this and good weight gainer is a whole lot of sugar and fat. And sugar = getting fat. Plus all that fat in there is only going to make you feel full.

BigNic
09-13-2004, 10:04 AM
again, i dont see any difference between gainer and whole food. How can your body tell the difference.

BigMatt
09-13-2004, 06:01 PM
But the difference between this and good weight gainer is a whole lot of sugar and fat. And sugar = getting fat. Plus all that fat in there is only going to make you feel full.

Did you ever find a Low Glycemic Carb Gainer?
I mean they are all Fructose/Glucose and some other crap in it...

It ain't that good playing with blood sugar all day.

Den Fisher
09-13-2004, 07:13 PM
"If you're bulking.. then you should be eating around 3,800-4,000 calories a day I'm pretty sure.. and maybe 300 g's of protein."

Um............no.

You weigh 184, so you should be getting around 184-190g of protein (about 1 gram of protein for 1 pound of body weight).

:confused:

oh.. I thought I read in some article you're supose to be takin' in as many grams as your body weight doubled.

toughguywannabe
09-13-2004, 07:37 PM
i used to take more protein than i needed i also had to take dumps all the time.. extra protein is just a waste..

bill
09-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Well I don't think you have that much fat to worry about, just learn to eat healthy and a lot of it, work out hard and grow.

BIGBRI
09-14-2004, 02:01 PM
What's going on ya'll? I'm 5'10 and 184 lbs, and have been working out on and off since Spring 2003. I'm trying to gain mass, but it's very difficult. I'm thinking of weight gainer and proteing powder as a means to gain the mass that I want. I just want to get semi-"bulky" and then cut later on during Spring 2004, maybe.

Please leave your input.

In addition, I've been trying this workout courtesy of www.bodybuilding.com . It says to workout 3x a week on for less than an hour. Let me know what you guys think. I feel a big pump after every workout, and i've done it for 2 weeks already.

INPUT

Here's the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hitworkout.htm

personally i think the wbb1 workout is better. (of course since we are on wbb and NOT bodybuilding .com that might have something to do with my opinoin :))

BIGBRI
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
real food is chicken, beef, broccoli, turkey etc. honestly did you now know what real food was just a question?

toughguywannabe
09-14-2004, 04:33 PM
u can checkout the whole grocery list that body builders get it's pretty cool here's the link http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565 that grocery list sure helps me out a lot when i try to come up with a meal plan