PDA

View Full Version : How are Centrum multivitamins?

fierce
09-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Looking to take a multiviatmin each day, but I dont know exactly what I should be taking... how are the centrum pills??

Here is the full label
http://www.centrum.com/products/labeling_centrum.asp

Brokensword
09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
If you can, get yourself "Centrum Performance". It's got more of certain kinds of vitamins and minerals like specifically zinc and vitamin E. If you want to go with a serious multivitamin I suggest GNC's Mega Men. If anything it's a big energy boost.

mikey4402
09-13-2004, 10:29 AM
dont fall into the hype of gncs mega men, save some money by a cheep vitamin take two a day if you dont think your getting enough of the certin vitamins...im taking a off brand of centrum once in the morn once at night. your not gonna notice a huge diffrence between taking a "super pr performace multi delux"brand compared to a wallmart brand vit.
worry more about getting all that good stuff in the food that you eat :)

Shadowless
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM
Yeah like the guy above stated, don't get brainwashed into thinking taking vitamins will change your life. It's purpose is long term, it's better to get the real deal in your body.

galileo
09-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I've read numerous places that the absorption rate on Centrum and the like is quite poor. I suppose if I was going to pay for vitamins, I would want them to at least get absorbed. I've been using Now Foods Vita-Min 75+ most recently and they are pretty cheap. The forms of vitamins they provide are shown to be very bioavailable, for what it's worth.