PDA

View Full Version : green tea- who takes it?

waynis
09-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Couldnt find any topics in search. I was surpized. I hear of its thermogenic effects as well as its suppost to calm the nerves. I just bought a pack of green tea. First time i'am going to try it. I mainly got it for stress.. I have bad A.D.D too but then i heard about it's fat fating effect. Who drinks or takes green tea? your experiences and comments on it please. thankyou

Jasonl
09-14-2004, 12:25 AM
I took 800mg daily of EGCG (green tea) on my last cut, probably didn't do much. It would make a nice edition to an EC stack though. A little added punch.

Beavereater
09-14-2004, 01:14 AM
I live in Japan and drink it daily, but never knew of any effect it had on my body!? Never really did much research on it...

getfit
09-14-2004, 02:49 AM
I live in Japan and drink it daily, but never knew of any effect it had on my body!? Never really did much research on it...
green tea very rich in polyphenols a powerful anti-oxidant i drink it daily as well

Ğragons
09-14-2004, 04:58 AM
i drink it too :D

Allie
09-14-2004, 05:11 AM
I drink 2 cups of green tea every morning, I started because I like tea and I thought of trying a non flavored type. Wel in about two weeks I suddenly lost 7 pounds and my diet hadn't changed. Some people see results with it and some don't. Needless to say I'm sticking with the green tea while everyone else in my office drinks coffee.

ryuage
09-14-2004, 06:50 AM
you could always supplement with extract

TheGimp
09-14-2004, 06:53 AM
green tea very rich in polyphenols a powerful anti-oxidant i drink it daily as well

You need to drink about 10 cups a day to get the same benefit as just popping a pill. (green tea extract)

galileo
09-14-2004, 07:17 AM
As a warning, taking it on an empty stomach can make you vomit. Taking it with a very low amount of food will also do the same. I've even heard that some people were having troubles drinking the tea on an empty stomach, but not everybody is that sensitive to it.

It has some good benefits, but they're more long term than short. I would say for the price, it is a good addition to a regimented cut.

Spartacus
09-14-2004, 09:43 AM
yeah i can't take it on an empty stomach. i take pills in teh morning for the health/cancer reasons with my other stuff after breakfast, nad have two to three large mugs of tea (either black or green) during the day

getfit
09-14-2004, 12:03 PM
You need to drink about 10 cups a day to get the same benefit as just popping a pill. (green tea extract)
i make a pot a day equals to about 4 cups i just like drinking a hot beverage

Beavereater
09-14-2004, 12:23 PM
As a warning, taking it on an empty stomach can make you vomit. Taking it with a very low amount of food will also do the same. I've even heard that some people were having troubles drinking the tea on an empty stomach, but not everybody is that sensitive to it.

I've never had this had this happen to me or anyone I know here. I drink about 10 to 15 cups in the winter since its always being served to me by my secretary...still I have no idea what it does to help me exactly

galileo
09-14-2004, 12:26 PM
I've never had this had this happen to me or anyone I know here. I drink about 10 to 15 cups in the winter since its always being served to me by my secretary...still I have no idea what it does to help me exactly

Lucky you.

ryuage
09-14-2004, 12:40 PM
and another note if you buy it in powder form and take it straight up it tastes pretty rancid.

waynis
09-14-2004, 04:33 PM
well i talked to my nutritionist about it. Very very intelligent guy who I would trust my life with. He told me green tea has shown to inhibit calcium and not recommend for people with osteospirosis. He also told me the antioxidant effects are similar of eating a very small portion size of vegetables. He didn't mention anything about weight loss cause i didnt ask. He said it has caffiene which might be a concern for some people. To some it up it's no miracle drink like it's claimed to be. I guess it has some ups and some downs. nothing that should harm anyone young. He told me I can try it if i want and see what happens. So im going to try it as see if it does anything special. probably only one cup in the morning a day.

Maki Riddington
09-14-2004, 04:54 PM
One cup won't do jack for you.

I take 4-5 grams a day.

BiGnProgresS
09-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Out of Iron Man Magazine: Drinking tea on a daily basis can do a number of good things for you healthwise, according to a recent article in Readers Digest;
1] Pump Protector. In a recent dutch study 13 ounces of tea a day appeared to cut heart attack risk in half. That comes on the heels of an 02' boston study, in which heart patients who drank two or more cups a day were about 44% less likley to die over the next four years. Part of the reason for those findings may be that tea can lower bad cholesterol levels

2] Cancer Answer. A study in japan found that drinking 10 or more cups of green tea everyday delayed the onset of cancer by almost nine years in women and by almost 5 in men. And in a canadian study men who drank 3 cups a day were 30% less likley to develop prostate cancer.

3] Bone Booster. Teas flavonoid content appears to help protect bones. And its flouride concentration seems to help strengthen teeth.

Brokensword
09-15-2004, 01:17 AM
what about "Arizona" brand iced Green Tea? Does that still have similar health benefits as the real or herbal version of green tea? I seriously doubt it, but it just tastes so good that even if it didn't I wouldn't mind drinking a few cups a day.

waynis
09-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Out of Iron Man Magazine: Drinking tea on a daily basis can do a number of good things for you healthwise, according to a recent article in Readers Digest;
1] Pump Protector. In a recent dutch study 13 ounces of tea a day appeared to cut heart attack risk in half. That comes on the heels of an 02' boston study, in which heart patients who drank two or more cups a day were about 44% less likley to die over the next four years. Part of the reason for those findings may be that tea can lower bad cholesterol levels

2] Cancer Answer. A study in japan found that drinking 10 or more cups of green tea everyday delayed the onset of cancer by almost nine years in women and by almost 5 in men. And in a canadian study men who drank 3 cups a day were 30% less likley to develop prostate cancer.

3] Bone Booster. Teas flavonoid content appears to help protect bones. And its flouride concentration seems to help strengthen teeth.

I don't know man those are some big claims just from tea. As far as the bone booster. I was told it's a calcium inhibitor which might effect strong bones a bit.

Allie
09-15-2004, 05:26 PM
My Dr also informed me today that those two cups of tea ech morning are also the cause of canker sores that I have been getting

waynis
09-15-2004, 05:44 PM
interesting. do you take straight green tea organic? or green tea with other additives?

BiGnProgresS
09-15-2004, 06:43 PM
thats out of the IRON MAN october 04' edition. look it up. its what they say.
personally i drink green tea often and regular tea... but my absolute favorite is __ RED DIMOND SWEET TEA __

waynis
09-17-2004, 03:00 PM
update on the green tea. Well i started taking it yesterday. I got a organic green tea bags. I drank one bag in the morning before cardio yesterday. While doing cardio I'am noticing i'am starting to sweat more then I do near the end of the exercise. Then close to the end of the exercise im like completly soaked in sweat. Very unusual for me cause i was on the eliptical and I don't sweat that much at all. So today I drank a cup again. I went to the gym and did legs and abs. Then I sat in the sauna for 10 minutes. I have never sweated so bad in a short period of time in my life. It was like it was pouring rain on me. I couldn't even open my eyes cuase the sweat just kept coming out burning my eyes. After 10 minutes in the suana I was completly soaked. Again very unusual.

SO my verdict is the green tea is making me sweat like a fat bunny ranch whore!! could this be a allergic reaction to this? Is it raising my body temperature causing me to sweat more? Is it actually bad for me that's why im sweating it out or could it be good for me and i'am flushing out toxins? any ideas?? thanks

waynis
09-17-2004, 08:38 PM
^bump

waynis
09-19-2004, 06:53 PM
any comments?

getfit
09-19-2004, 07:41 PM
any comments?
www.moondragon.org/health/nutritionbaics/antioxidants/greentea.html scrawl done and read on the until you reach CAUTION

AllUp
09-20-2004, 01:44 PM
what about "Arizona" brand iced Green Tea? Does that still have similar health benefits as the real or herbal version of green tea? I seriously doubt it, but it just tastes so good that even if it didn't I wouldn't mind drinking a few cups a day.
That doesn't count, as you're paying for a can of sugar and water. I wouldn't expect the pro's to outweigh the con's on this one. :p