PDA

View Full Version : cheese slices for protein

HemiVision
09-14-2004, 11:42 AM
I've got a pack of fat-free cheese slices that have 5g of protein per slice. Scarfing down 5 or 6 of them hits the spot a little better than a protein shake at times.

Ğragons
09-14-2004, 11:43 AM
them cheesestring things, i looked at em and thye had 6g protein/1gcarb/3gfat each, i was quite surprised by em thought cheese was a lot of fat

Holto
09-14-2004, 11:53 AM
its synthetic food

whey and other powders are more natural

HemiVision
09-14-2004, 12:02 PM
its synthetic food

whey and other powders are more natural

How so? Isn't whey heavily processed to provide that much protein in one scoop of powder? What's the difference?

Max-Mex
09-14-2004, 12:27 PM
I've got a pack of fat-free cheese slices that have 5g of protein per slice. Scarfing down 5 or 6 of them hits the spot a little better than a protein shake at times.

Grilled cheese sandwiches, made with light bread and fat-free cheese. Those things have been my saviours during my cut.

Holto
09-14-2004, 12:34 PM
How so? Isn't whey heavily processed to provide that much protein in one scoop of powder? What's the difference?

even if whey was "heavily processed" which it is not it's ORIGIN is natural

the ORIGIN of cheese slices it totally synthetic and the amount of different chemicals used is astounding

whey is filtered in ceramic filters and such to remove the fat and carbs

no comparison from a health standpoint

I miss the cheese slices on my sirloin/whole wheat burgers but the grated stuff (real cheese) is much better for us

black diamond actually cultures thier slices but the artificial flavours/colors are enough to keep me away

Holto
09-14-2004, 12:35 PM
and HemiVision I think I just realized that your under the impression that cheese slices start out as real cheese

not so

they start out as vegetable glycerine etc...and are synthesised

HemiVision
09-14-2004, 01:31 PM
and HemiVision I think I just realized that your under the impression that cheese slices start out as real cheese

not so

they start out as vegetable glycerine etc...and are synthesised

The best I could find on this topic was here:

http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/features/change/butler/cheese/real_vs.html

(or the main page: http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/features/change/butler/cheese/index.html)

I haven't found any information that references what you're talking about. Do you have any sources I can read?