1 slice toast
black tea or coffee

Dinner
1 cup tuna
1 cup carrots or beets
1 cup green beans or cauliflower
1 cup cantaloupe or 1 small apple
1 cup vanilla ice cream

You are allowed diet soda on this diet. This diet works as a chemical breakdown and is proven to work. Do not vary or substitue any of the foods. Salt and peper may be used but no other seasonings. This diet is to be used three days at a time, in three days you will lose 10 lbs. After three days of Dieting you can eat your usual food, but do not overeat.

galileo
09-15-2004, 05:26 PM
You are allowed diet soda on this diet. This diet works as a chemical breakdown and is proven to work. Do not vary or substitue any of the foods. Salt and peper may be used but no other seasonings. This diet is to be used three days at a time, in three days you will lose 10 lbs. After three days of Dieting you can eat your usual food, but do not overeat.

Chemical breakdown, my ass.

Unless you've magically created a 40,000 (roughly 9kcal/g * 454g/lb * 10lb = 40,860) calorie deficit in 3 days, you will not be losing 10lbs of fat. Assuming any diet could do this, that would assume your maintenance was over 10,000 calories a day. Not the case. You can't change physics. I doubt even the most powerful dieting drugs would yield this.

10lbs of water, perhaps. But I still doubt it.

waynis
09-15-2004, 06:06 PM
holy ****! thats like no calories. how can u function. I would definetly call that extreme and not very healthy at all. Whats with the wiener dogs? :confused:

Digitised
09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
i can beat that!

LOSE 30LBS IN 3 DAYS!!
-------------------------

Day 1 breakfast

NOTHING

Day 2 lunch

NOTHING

Day 3 dinner

NOTHING

spend all day sprinting, and supplement with diuretics.
DO not sleep or rest!
Repeat this for 2 more days, and i gaurentee u will lose 30lbs and probably die!

which womens magazine was this from??

some1 should hunt down this so called 'nutrionists' and i mean hunt them.
KILL all of them. They are liars!

RBC13
09-15-2004, 07:48 PM
LOL, that's pretty good.

Shiva Christ
09-15-2004, 09:33 PM
From what I can tell it is from a Hospital and is a diet for people who need to lose weight fast. Whether it works or not I dunno yet lol

Dereksolo
09-15-2004, 10:29 PM
LMFAO, this is like one of those false ads that try to convince you that by spending 20 min a day on their treadmill you will attain a Mr. Universe type body.
Take the Bowflex for example: 20 min a day, 6 weeks or less. My ass. All those machines are garbage and it should be a crime to allow these people to promote their machines using false advertisements.

RichLockyer
09-15-2004, 10:37 PM
LMFAO, this is like one of those false ads that try to convince you that by spending 20 min a day on their treadmill you will attain a Mr. Universe type body.
Take the Bowflex for example: 20 min a day, 6 weeks or less. My ass. All those machines are garbage and it should be a crime to allow these people to promote their machines using false advertisements.
Actually, the bowflex is one of the few pieces of mass-marketed home gym equipment that actually can be used for an effective workout.

Now this diet... You might drop 10 pounds by crapping yourself to death on it... or crapping and puking... ya... that's it.

Digitised
09-16-2004, 05:27 AM
benching and squatting elastic through a poor range of motion = effective??

doubt it, id rather use the cheaper free weight and bench option.

Genacide
09-16-2004, 05:34 AM
I see a lot of hate being thrown around here... :soapbox:

My mother tried a diet like this a few years back that promised 10 lbs a week. The thing is... it kinda works. THe first week she lost 7 lbs. Every week after that was less and less weight. So I guess it works .... Kinda.

As for all the hate, how many people that are saying this diet is not going to work and have tried it or knows someone that has? :bang:

galileo
09-16-2004, 07:39 AM
My mother tried a diet like this a few years back that promised 10 lbs a week. The thing is... it kinda works. THe first week she lost 7 lbs. Every week after that was less and less weight. So I guess it works .... Kinda.

As for all the hate, how many people that are saying this diet is not going to work and have tried it or knows someone that has? :bang:

10lbs in one week is a completely different thing than 10lbs in 3 days. If your mother was overweight, she could easily have lost the first 4-5lbs in water weight, and then a few pounds of fat along with it.

Physics and biology do not alter for a piece of grapefruit.

TheGimp
09-16-2004, 07:46 AM

You can't break the laws of Physics.

Digitised
09-16-2004, 09:34 AM
The point the more intelligent members here are probably trying to make, is that the goal of losing 10lbs is an ambiguous figure.
Inexperienced men and women do not understand the difference between losing 10lbs of fat from losing 10lbs of water/muscle/fat.

Im sure when you read that information about the diet it was relating to a quick fix to slim up for summer (or the usual crap the magazing writers use to sell issues)

so when THEY say u can lose 10lbs,
YOU assume its all going to be fat.

None of them ever tell you what you are really more likely to lose.
Realisticly it is only safe to lose 2lbs of fat per week (maybe more if you are exceptionally obese)

You need to spare your bodys muscle (Which is what metabolises fat when you are in defecit, each lb of muscle requires 50 calores a day maintenance)
so if u extreme diet and lose 10lbs of good muscle you will be burning off 500 calories LESS PER DAY.

There are no safe quickfixes, just hard work and consistency.

Genacide
09-16-2004, 11:02 AM
I wasn't saying the diet was a good choice by any means. Some people that want to loose weight don't care if its water, fat or muscle they just care what the scales tells them in the morning.

As for the diet its a Mayo clinic diet used for people to loose some weight before surgery.

waynis
09-16-2004, 07:15 PM
I see a lot of hate being thrown around here... :soapbox:

Hate? it's called conern :idea: It is not at all a healthy diet. Yes you will lose weight but the wrong weight and you will not be happy with the results when you feel really really weak. Some of us know the facts of why a diet like this would not be wise.

RichLockyer
09-16-2004, 10:54 PM
You can't break the laws of Physics.
Ditto.
10 pounds equals 35,000 calories. There's no way around that IF you are talking about fat (or muscle) tissue. 10 pounds equals roughly 1.25 gallons of water.... VERY easy to shed on a diet that's going to have you living on the crapper.

1/2 grapefruit or juice
black tea or coffee
black tea or coffee
1 cup vanilla ice cream
black tea or coffee
black tea or coffee
1 cup cabbage or broccoli
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
black tea or coffee
black tea or coffee

This is it for liquids... for 3 days. No mention of proper hydration except "You are allowed diet soda"

Diets like this are like people who claim magnets will get you 10mpg more out of your Hummer. All hype, testimonials, and junk science and no peer-reviewed, confirmed, facts.

Shiva Christ
09-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Well I said "What the heck" to try it out... I'm on day three already. I don't feel that bad.

*shrug*

I'll keep you informed, though.

galileo
09-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Silliness.

EdgarMex
09-17-2004, 01:33 PM
why even bother asking for opinions if you had you mind made up already?

Shiva Christ
09-17-2004, 06:15 PM

huh? All I said was "Extreme Diet?" that's the title, and then what does into the diet.

I'm glad to hear from everyone, I enjoy reading responses and seeing what people feel even if I might disagree with them. In this case, I don't neccessarily disagree because I have no experience with this diet.

ogarchamplin
09-17-2004, 07:19 PM
IMO this is the wrong way to lose weight. You have to remeber that a diet is a lifestyle of eating and you cannot expect to eat like that forever. You need to up the caloric intake IMO

Shiva Christ
09-17-2004, 07:29 PM
IMO this is the wrong way to lose weight. You have to remeber that a diet is a lifestyle of eating and you cannot expect to eat like that forever. You need to up the caloric intake IMO

Yeah, I can see that view as well... what I want to do is lose the weight, then start planning a good diet that includes food that actually tastes good. I'm just testing it out. My body does feel 'cleaner' if that makes sense.

ogarchamplin
09-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I can see that view as well... what I want to do is lose the weight, then start planning a good diet that includes food that actually tastes good. I'm just testing it out. My body does feel 'cleaner' if that makes sense.

It might feel cleaner in the short run but long term its going to hurt you. I have lost 80 lbs and i have learned a lot. Try to eat every 2-3 hours of small meals. Think of your metabolism as a fire that you have to keep feeding wood so it burns. If you give it to little or wait too long your matabo will slow down becuase its animal instincts will be preservation of food or fat. If the body thinks its going to get enery every 3 hours it will keep running

RichLockyer
09-17-2004, 11:05 PM
:newbie:

I just love it when newbies show up and forget that the name of this board is "wannabebig"... not "wannabeskinny" or "wannabearunwaymodel" or "wannaseemyribs"

I'm not saying that you're not welcome here Shiva, not everyone here is a hardcore bodybuilder, but in general, you are going to get a weak reception to the suggestion of a diet that severely restricts any kind of intake other than saturated fats.

As far as it being a Mayo Clinic diet for those who need to drop weight before surgery... sure... it'll work for that, but those people only need to shed that weight for a relatively short time.

Like EVERY fad diet... any weight lost on this will be back within the year unless this diet is replaced with something more sensible that can be lived with, and augmented by physical activity.

ogarchamplin
09-18-2004, 09:51 AM
:newbie:

I just love it when newbies show up and forget that the name of this board is "wannabebig"... not "wannabeskinny" or "wannabearunwaymodel" or "wannaseemyribs"

I'm not saying that you're not welcome here Shiva, not everyone here is a hardcore bodybuilder, but in general, you are going to get a weak reception to the suggestion of a diet that severely restricts any kind of intake other than saturated fats.

I disagree, i joined this baord at 6 pounds shy of 400lbs on a 6'3" frame. And with advice and support from this board i have lost almost 80lbs. I am still very obese but my triclerides went from 356 to 96 and my chlestrol from 236 to 135. I am far from a BB but somone who wanted to lose weight and live to see my daughter grow up. I have always received great support from the members here as well from the ATLARGE people who has great products.

RichLockyer
09-18-2004, 10:42 AM
I disagree, i joined this baord at 6 pounds shy of 400lbs on a 6'3" frame. And with advice and support from this board i have lost almost 80lbs. I am still very obese but my triclerides went from 356 to 96 and my chlestrol from 236 to 135. I am far from a BB but somone who wanted to lose weight and live to see my daughter grow up. I have always received great support from the members here as well from the ATLARGE people who has great products.
That's not a disagreement. That is what I was saying.
You (and I) are getting good, solid advice and solid support from people who have been through a lot of the fads and found that they don't work.

You probably haven't lost your 80 pounds (and I haven't lost my 30) on some goofy "egg and grapefruit" diet... we've done it through properly balanced nutrition coupled with the appropriate levels of physical training...

...and the weight is not going to be coming back next year.

That doesn't apply to the posted diet... which was designed to prep a morbidly obese person for surgery.

My wife lost 70 pounds on Atkins, but plateaued at 205. Stayed there for 6 months, no matter what she tried. The big problem is she was STILL 40% BF... what did Atkins do for her? I can't imagine that she was 275 and 55% BF... I guess it's possible, but not likely considering that she wasn't a lifeless blob of fat. She was big, but still capable of any normal physical activity.
That tells me that she lost a lot of lean mass along with the fat.

So after a 6 month plateau, I've gotten her back onto carbs. She now has more energy, has no problems going hypoglycemic in the morning, and has lost 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

ogarchamplin
09-18-2004, 10:59 AM
That's not a disagreement. That is what I was saying.
You (and I) are getting good, solid advice and solid support from people who have been through a lot of the fads and found that they don't work.

You probably haven't lost your 80 pounds (and I haven't lost my 30) on some goofy "egg and grapefruit" diet... we've done it through properly balanced nutrition coupled with the appropriate levels of physical training...

...and the weight is not going to be coming back next year.

That doesn't apply to the posted diet... which was designed to prep a morbidly obese person for surgery.

My wife lost 70 pounds on Atkins, but plateaued at 205. Stayed there for 6 months, no matter what she tried. The big problem is she was STILL 40% BF... what did Atkins do for her? I can't imagine that she was 275 and 55% BF... I guess it's possible, but not likely considering that she wasn't a lifeless blob of fat. She was big, but still capable of any normal physical activity.
That tells me that she lost a lot of lean mass along with the fat.

So after a 6 month plateau, I've gotten her back onto carbs. She now has more energy, has no problems going hypoglycemic in the morning, and has lost 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks.

Ok gotcha