PDA

View Full Version : ETS Review

Anthony
09-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Since I was a tester for ETS, I thought I'd share my experience with you. Let me start by giving you a quick summary of my stats/experience. I've been training off and on for ~10 years. I started out trying to get stronger for sports and now I'm just trying to get stronger. I'm 5'7, ~200lbs, digital calipers consistently measure at 12.5% body fat (although I think it's higher), raw gym lifts include a 405 squat, 315 bench press, and 500 deadlift. I've only trained in a bench shirt once and managed 365. I'm currently using a westside routine, although I'm also fond of the legs/push/pull split. I also do GPP (general physical preparedness), which will be discussed in detail below. Basically, I've been around long enough to learn a few things even though my knowledge may not be as technical as some of our members.

Back in March 2004, At Large Nutrition asked me to test ETS. The catch was, I wouldn't know what it was or what it was supposed to do (Chris actually peeled the labels off!). I'd run the test for 4 weeks, logging anything I noticed out of the ordinary. Obviously I was hesitant about testing an unknown supplement, but after asking Chris tons of questions I felt comfortable participating. I figured this may work out well, since I was planning to test my max squat/bench/deadlift in a few weeks.

Week 1
During the first week I noticed an extreme improvement in my sleep. I normally get 8-10 hours of solid sleep each night, but for some reason I was waking up even more refreshed than usual. They later told me this was not a feature of the supplement, so take that observation with a grain of salt. I also noticed a decrease in recovery time, more energy, and mental alertness. At the time, I attributed this to the improved sleep. Previous to this week I was suffering some major elbow pain/tendonitis. When the pain disappeared in a week I didn't think twice about it, but I later learned joint pain reduction was one of the major features. Looking back, I know ETS played a role.

Week 2
The second week was my deload phase before testing my max lifts. Out of curiosity, I decided to use GPP every day instead of training in the gym. Here is the routine I had been using:

Squat Thrusts 10x3 sets
Tire Jumps 10x3 sets
Backward Sled Drag* 85lbs x 200'
Forward Sled Drag* 85lbs x 200'
Sandbag Throws 25lbs x 10
Sandbag Walk 60lbs x 200' x 2 sets
Sledgehammer VS Tire 60 strikes
* My sled is actually a tire loaded with sand bags. As you can imagine, dragging a tire across pavement isn't exactly a smooth pull. :)

Coming into this week, my best GPP time was about 30 minutes. On Monday I recorded 25:42. Tuesday was 23:50. Wednesday 18:28. Thursday 17:56. Friday I was out of town, so no test. :) Anyway, as you can see I shaved off almost 8 minutes in 4 days. There's no doubt in my mind that ETS was directly involved in my improved endurance.

Week 3
My test week. Unfortunately I was hit by some major stress at work and wasn't 100% focused. Usually when this happens everything goes to complete ****: eating, sleeping, training, etc. These things still suffered, but not as much as they usually would have. I still managed a 20lbs squat PR and I matched my bench PR. Not bad. :)

Week 4
The following week I matched my squat, set a 10lbs bench PR, and matched my dead PR. What stood out the most during week 4 was that no matter how hard I pushed myself in the gym, I wasn't getting sore. And this is during a time when my rest/sleep was not 100%. Improvements were the same as week 3.

Overall I was impressed with ETS. Despite being sidetracked with stress, the effects were very pronounced. I know that under ideal circumstances I would have noticed even more. Without a doubt I will be using ETS again.

chris mason
09-16-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the review Anthony!

Max-Mex
09-16-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm interested in the joint pain reduction as I have issues with my elbows. I have to limit my selection of tricep lifts due to pain that is cause by some of them (dips & skulls).

Mr Joshua
09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
What is ETS?

Anthony
09-17-2004, 02:03 PM
Joshua, check here for a description of ETS: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php/products_id/5

PiKappaWRX
09-20-2004, 07:09 PM
so what would u say was the biggest benefit of supplementing ETS?

Anthony
09-22-2004, 04:11 PM
For me the biggest benefit was improved muscular endurance, but recovery and joint pain reduction were close behind. I didn't notice as much strength gains as the others, but that could be a result of the stress I was going through.

ogarchamplin
09-26-2004, 05:32 PM
this sounds great!

cardioking
01-15-2005, 12:31 AM
planning to test my max squat/bench/deadlift in a few weeks.

Week 1
During the first week I noticed an extreme improvement in my sleep. I normally get 8-10 hours of solid sleep each night, but for some reason I was waking up even more refreshed than usual. They later told me this was not a feature of the supplement, so take that observation with a grain of salt. again.

I don't think this is a coincidence about the sleep but I have noticed my sleep is a whole lot better since taking this supplement. Remember the supplement ZMA? Well this is almost it. It has 2 of the 3 ingredients in it and ZMA is a pill many use to increase sleep. Also when does most effective RECOVERY happen?? During SLEEP! I think this product is excellent.

chris mason
01-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks for your input Cardio! Hope you enjoy the site.

shansen008
04-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Im in my second week of using ETS.

This stuff is subtle yet amazing. I too have noticed that im sleeping much better, its amazing that this isnt supposed to be one of the effects of the supplement yet everyone seems to notice it.

Max mex: I too have always experienced elbow pain during tri exercises. especially skulls. Since taking ETS i have not had ANY pain in my elbows and im now doing 110lb sets of 6-8 on skulls.

I had a killer leg day 3 or 4 days ago.....and i have YET to experience any DOMS from it. This to me is reason enough to take ETS, as legs have always been an exercise for me that i truly needed a week to recover from.

If i had to rate supplements in order of importance it would now be:

ETS
MULTIVITAMIN
PROTEIN
CREATINE

Everything else is gravy....

On top of everything else, there are the intangibles such as MOOD. Its very hard to get motivated if you are an intense lifter and you have serious DOMS on a lifting day. This stuff puts you at psychological advantage IMO.

Its a great product at a great price.

-Shansen

fixationdarknes
04-18-2005, 09:42 PM
Is ETS recommended for people like me: 15 years of age (can one be too young to take ETS?) looking to increase strength and endurance? And since it causes you to have less DOMS, does this mean that you can have less resting time inbetween workout days? For example, I work each body part once a week right now. If I take ETS, will I be able to move it down to every 5 or 6 days?...therefore helping me to increase my strength faster?

Also, is it okay for me to take ETS at the same time as I'm taking Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM tablets (because I'm looking into taking that)?

chris mason
04-19-2005, 06:17 AM
ETS should be fine for a 15 year old. Due to its inclusion of vitamins and minerals I would suggest you make sure not to take any other supplements which contain zinc, magnesium, or vitamin E while using ETS.

ETS should allow you to train more often as you have outlined, yes.

Why would you want to take glucosamine at your age? ETS is fine to combine with it but I don't understand why you would need it (glucosamine & MSM) at your age.

galileo
04-19-2005, 06:58 AM
This stuff is subtle yet amazing. I too have noticed that im sleeping much better, its amazing that this isnt supposed to be one of the effects of the supplement yet everyone seems to notice it.

Zinc and Magnesium are both beneficial to sleep, so that is to be expected!

Anthony
04-19-2005, 07:28 AM
I noticed the sleep improvements before they added zinc and magnesium (during the trial).

chris mason
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Im in my second week of using ETS.

Max mex: I too have always experienced elbow pain during tri exercises. especially skulls. Since taking ETS i have not had ANY pain in my elbows and im now doing 110lb sets of 6-8 on skulls.

I had a killer leg day 3 or 4 days ago.....and i have YET to experience any DOMS from it. This to me is reason enough to take ETS, as legs have always been an exercise for me that i truly needed a week to recover from.

If i had to rate supplements in order of importance it would now be:

ETS
MULTIVITAMIN
PROTEIN
CREATINE

Everything else is gravy....

On top of everything else, there are the intangibles such as MOOD. Its very hard to get motivated if you are an intense lifter and you have serious DOMS on a lifting day. This stuff puts you at psychological advantage IMO.

Its a great product at a great price.

-Shansen

Shansen, do we have your permission to place this testimonial on the AtLarge website?

Thank you for your comments!

BCC
04-19-2005, 11:53 AM
I noticed the sleep improvements before they added zinc and magnesium (during the trial).

Uninterrupted sleep is something I've really been noticing. I also never feel tired when I wake up. On a lot of days I've actually chosen to only sleep 4-5 hours, just because I feel fine to kick my day off.

galileo
04-19-2005, 12:29 PM

I believe you, but I was referencing his more recent comment.

fixationdarknes
04-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Why would you want to take glucosamine at your age? ETS is fine to combine with it but I don't understand why you would need it (glucosamine & MSM) at your age.

I dunno. My fingers and wrists sort of hurt when I try to grip (crush) stuff. Won't the Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM help my fingers and wrists to not hurt?

chris mason
04-20-2005, 05:36 AM
They might, but I would not bother using such a product at your age. That is just my opinion, I would suggest you get the opinion of your doctor as well.

fixationdarknes
04-20-2005, 08:29 AM
Alright. I wanna try ETS soon though. I heard that helps with joints too and stuff. Does it taste good?

Joe Black
04-20-2005, 08:36 AM
Its tastless as its in capsule form.

fixationdarknes
04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
K thanks guys. I'm going to order it as soon as possible. My parents wouldn't want to spend too much money on it, so if I could only get one thing, ETS is the best thing for me, right?

ryuage
04-20-2005, 10:09 PM
best thing for you to accomplish what?

fixationdarknes
04-20-2005, 11:43 PM
better strength gains

Frankster
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I tried ETS for joint pains, pain started going away in a matter of days! and weeks later it's 95% gone, allowing me to train at full capacity again. Awesome product.

shansen008
04-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Shansen, do we have your permission to place this testimonial on the AtLarge website?

Thank you for your comments!

why of course.

Isaac Wilkins
04-23-2005, 08:05 AM
I'll throw my $0.02 in here.

Most of you know that I'm pretty skeptical about supplements and that I have a pretty good background in them, so take it for what it's worth.

I admit that I've not tried the ETS. I did pick up some microlactin at a really good price nearby (I was going to try ETS, but saw this), and I already supplement with the other ingredients of ETS.

I've been nothing short of amazed. My sleep has been outstanding. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go, which hasn't happened to me in years. My DOMS is rapidly reduced and I feel refreshed in the gym. I've been able to really crank up my volume even while dieting. If I were doing the volume that I've tried lately in a caloric surplus I would have had a hard time recovering in the past. That I'm doing with while going through some days of no carbs and under 1500 calories is unbelievable to me. I can't wait to see what I can do when I actually start eating to grow again.

For those who think the sleep benefits are from the zinc and magnesium, not the microlactin, I'd disagree. Both of those minerals can help sleep, but I have taken them for over a year and noticed new sleep benefits with the addition of the microlactin.

ETS provides a terrific mix of recovery vitamins and minerals combined with the microlactin in one solid charge. I'm sold.

galileo
04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
As usual, I don't expect much when it comes to supplements, but I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with ETS on a daily basis. Here are my observations.

1. Better Sleep - this has been beat into the ground, but I definitely sleep better and fall asleep faster.

2. Joint relief - my knees aren't hurting after workouts like they typically do.

3. Enhanced Recovery - this is the big one folks. I'm currently using UD2.0 to lean up and if you do the math 1000~ calories + 40 sets * 2 days = hella sore. So far I have absolutely minimal soreness! The only part of me that's sore would be my forearms and they take a good deal of abuse.

ETS is now part of my required supplementation.

SW
04-28-2005, 06:01 PM
So ETS is used mainly to let you train more?

Isaac Wilkins
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
It's a recovery aid and joint support supplement. There are a few other anecdotal benefits, too, but those aren't the biggies.

nejar462
09-17-2005, 05:08 PM
IF you guys didn't realize this but the stuff in ETS is also very good for your skin. ETS could theoretically improve acne, scarring, and stretch marks as well as giving your skin an overall healthier look. I mean the stuff other than microlactin. Im guessing if microlactin improves immunity it should be a big thing for acne.

sisk
10-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Well, I guess part of this weeks paycheck is going to AtLarge to try out E.T.S.

Although, after getting my Nitrean today, it has definitely filled me with trust in AtLarge.

CB
10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
As a recovery aid, ETS is excellent, especially while in a caloric deficit. Also works wonders on injuries, both old and new.

Anthony
10-30-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm 5'7, ~200lbs, digital calipers consistently measure at 12.5% body fat

Damn I was fat! LOL! I'm actually clipping at 5% lately, although it's realistically more like 8-9%. Hopefully I'll get back to 200 and stay below 10%. :windup:

I started to get shin splints lately so I went back on ETS ... it's only been a couple of days and I already notice a difference. Coincidence? Not sure, but I'm not complaining either way.

thebighunt
12-21-2005, 02:13 AM
I gotta get me some of that stuff! I alywas lack energy, and hopefully this will pick me up!

ddegroff
02-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Due to its inclusion of vitamins and minerals I would suggest you make sure not to take any other supplements which contain zinc, magnesium, or vitamin E while using ETS.

Just bought ETS sounds great. My multivitamin im pretty sure contains those two minearals and vitamin E. How much is to much of those?

Maki Riddington
02-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Just started taking it again and it has wiped out all the pain I was suffering from due to grappling.

chris mason
02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Just bought ETS sounds great. My multivitamin im pretty sure contains those two minearals and vitamin E. How much is to much of those?

If you are concerned about an excess simply drop the multi while you are using ETS.

ddegroff
02-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Just got my ETS today! Super excited, I'll let you know how it works out!

tigo
02-15-2006, 02:54 AM
this stuff is great.. i ordered the endurance stack from AtLarge (cuz i have 10 lb of whey to and a tub of creatine to get through) otherwise i would have gotten the fat loss stack.

what i've noticed:

1) i sleep waay better.. my insomnia is leaving quick.. plus i don't know if its a side effect but my dreams are awesome. i dreamt about angelina jolie. heheheh
2) recovery time is shortened.. my 4x a week program is taking less of a toll on my body
3) my lower back joints (which have been injured 3x majorly in my life from judo, bad squatting form, and more judo ) has almost stopped being sore. it use to be killer when i woke up, but after taking ETS for a few days i woke up and SAT UP without the pain! feels good

ETS all the time now.. will be ordering next batch in april :D

oh and wow i just noticed that the forum version is alot sleeker than the old one
props to you guys!

cphafner
02-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I've been using ETS for a few weeks now, and I'm very happy thus far. I would normally get tremendous DOM's from heavy squats and deadlifts, but those are now non-existant. I will be making ETS a regular in my supplementation routine.

I haven't been experiencing the sleep aid that others have been talking about. It's midnight right now and I'm still wired. I wake up many times during the night. I will say I have felt pretty refreshed in the morning eventhough I am getting less sleep than normal.

JERNIGAN78
05-05-2006, 02:09 PM
How long can you safely take ets??

chris mason
05-09-2006, 06:40 PM
There is no time limit on its use. I use it every day and have done so for a LONG time (and will continue to do so).

Chris

charles_316
05-13-2006, 06:43 PM
so if i started using ETS, should i stop taking multivitamins, fish oil, etc?

getfit
05-13-2006, 08:38 PM
so if i started using ETS, should i stop taking multivitamins, fish oil, etc?
continue with what you're taking

uscpsycho
07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Just got my first batch of ETS, wondering if ETS should be taken every day or only on training days? The label doesn't specify.

Also, any need to cycle the stuff or will you keep getting the same benefits if you continue to take it indefinitely?

Anthony
07-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Use it every day. There's no need to cycle, although a few people have noticed more pronounced effects when they resume after a layoff.

Bob
07-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Everyday doesn't hurt..
and I think if you look at the label closer it says:

Recommended Use: Take four (4) capsules in the morning (with or without food) and four (4) capsules in the evening just before bed.

ANd I think that means everyday..

Although, I only do 2 and 2.. because I'm a cheapo..

KingWilder
07-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I just take my (4) ETS right before bed (I only take 4 a day) and still have good results with reducing DOMS and improved sleep quality

chris mason
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Actually, and this certainly isn't good for the bottome line (but what the heck, honesty is the best policy), most people can use 1/2 dose and see tangible benefits.

Chris

laxguy1028
07-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Would you recommend ETS to a football player to help recover from practices and workouts?

Anthony
07-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Hell yes.

chris mason
07-07-2006, 05:41 AM
Would you recommend ETS to a football player to help recover from practices and workouts?

Yes. It is particularly effective for that purpose.

Chris

Progress
07-07-2006, 07:08 AM
It truly is the best thing I've ever taken to relieve DOMS.

Jordanbcool
09-13-2006, 03:08 PM
It truly is the best thing I've ever taken to relieve DOMS.

Agreed. Amazing stuff. The strength gains i've made are astounding.

xlerate9
10-12-2006, 11:30 AM
If you have tendonitis, this helps a lot too. I have suffered with tendonitis from my wrist to my shoulder for about 6 or 7 years. ETS got rid of it for the most part. I don't even notice it anymore. The MicroLactin tightens your blood vessels and helps keep white blood cells from escaping causing the inflamation. It's great.

chris mason
10-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Good stuff guys!

Ruffian
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Chris, Im just wondering if any women have used this product, and what their reactions to it have been? Im definately impressed with the reviews so far, but its a well-known fact that sometimes women can react differently to these products then men. Id be more then willing to give it a shot either way, but I would be alot less hesitant if any of the women (whether on this site or people you sponsor) have experienced what the men here are describing.

BTW_ I think you should mention sleep improvement on the website, it seems like its an overwhealming side effect and many people would be happy to try it for that effect alone.

[edit: NVM I found a women's review of the product, expect an order from me very soon!]

chris mason
01-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Chris, Im just wondering if any women have used this product, and what their reactions to it have been? Im definately impressed with the reviews so far, but its a well-known fact that sometimes women can react differently to these products then men. Id be more then willing to give it a shot either way, but I would be alot less hesitant if any of the women (whether on this site or people you sponsor) have experienced what the men here are describing.

BTW_ I think you should mention sleep improvement on the website, it seems like its an overwhealming side effect and many people would be happy to try it for that effect alone.

[edit: NVM I found a women's review of the product, expect an order from me very soon!]

It works for women just as well as men. Kara Bohigian, a very well known female powerlifter has used it extensively and LOVES it!

live2lift
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Great product!! It does exactly what it says it will. I can particularly notice the decrease in DOMS after squat day or deadlift day. Its hard to get motivated to goto the gym when your lower back or quads are soar and I'll bet since I started taking this product thats been cut down by 75 percent or so. Protein first, but this product is a must for me along with creatine.

chris mason
07-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Great product!! It does exactly what it says it will. I can particularly notice the decrease in DOMS after squat day or deadlift day. Its hard to get motivated to goto the gym when your lower back or quads are soar and I'll bet since I started taking this product thats been cut down by 75 percent or so. Protein first, but this product is a must for me along with creatine.

Excellent, thanks for your review!

Chris

Joe Black
07-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Yep, thanks.

I have noted down this post and would like include this in our ETS testimonials section, would this be ok?

live2lift
07-16-2007, 01:50 AM
Yep, thanks.

I have noted down this post and would like include this in our ETS testimonials section, would this be ok?

If youre referring to my post that would be cool with me.

offhegoes03
07-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't doubt this product works because of all the amazing testimonials, but I do have a question.

I've been dealing with elbow tendonitis for several months now and even though I've pretty much stopped lifting for a while now, it just doesn't seem to go away. It doesn't hurt all the time, only on and off throughout the day and it doesn't seem like anything in particular bothers it. I don't want to make it worse by jumping back into lifting and I've been thinking about getting some physical therapy once my insurance kicks in. I also get tightness in my lower back when doing squats or deadlifts.

Do you guys think it would be smart to try this out and do you think it would help to treat the tendonitis with this or should I just go for the physical therapy? I know it's in your best interest to just say to try it out since there's overwhelming support for it, but I also realize you guys are really honest and I just wanted your opinion. If it would really help out as much as it seems it would, I can justify the cost, but I won't have a ton of money each month to devote to a supplement that might not help with my particular problem.

Thanks Chris and Daniel, you guys have put together a great forum and I have always had great service when dealing with atlarge.

lanier
07-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Since ETS does so much to relieve DOMs should I continue to use Alleve on a regular basis?

chris mason
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't doubt this product works because of all the amazing testimonials, but I do have a question.

I've been dealing with elbow tendonitis for several months now and even though I've pretty much stopped lifting for a while now, it just doesn't seem to go away. It doesn't hurt all the time, only on and off throughout the day and it doesn't seem like anything in particular bothers it. I don't want to make it worse by jumping back into lifting and I've been thinking about getting some physical therapy once my insurance kicks in. I also get tightness in my lower back when doing squats or deadlifts.

Do you guys think it would be smart to try this out and do you think it would help to treat the tendonitis with this or should I just go for the physical therapy? I know it's in your best interest to just say to try it out since there's overwhelming support for it, but I also realize you guys are really honest and I just wanted your opinion. If it would really help out as much as it seems it would, I can justify the cost, but I won't have a ton of money each month to devote to a supplement that might not help with my particular problem.

Thanks Chris and Daniel, you guys have put together a great forum and I have always had great service when dealing with atlarge.

We have had several individuals find that it can help with what you describe (including myself). So, yes, give it a try.

Chris

chris mason
07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Since ETS does so much to relieve DOMs should I continue to use Alleve on a regular basis?

No, drop the Alleve.

Chris

chris mason
07-20-2007, 09:16 PM

I can't reply to the PM you sent me. The answer is yes.

Chris

offhegoes03
07-21-2007, 08:57 AM
I can't reply to the PM you sent me. The answer is yes.

Chris

hmm, that's weird, my PM box isn't full. Anyways, I just placed my order and mentioned the sample of maximus in the order comment box. Thanks and I look forward to getting my ETS and seeing if it helps me out.

chris mason
07-21-2007, 10:45 AM
hmm, that's weird, my PM box isn't full. Anyways, I just placed my order and mentioned the sample of maximus in the order comment box. Thanks and I look forward to getting my ETS and seeing if it helps me out.

It said you have opted not to accept PMs or something of the like. Thanks for your order!

Chris

getb1g
11-06-2007, 12:57 PM
cant wait for my ETS to come.. I ordered it on saturday :evillaugh:

slovadon13
11-16-2007, 12:30 AM

If you are concerned about an excess simply drop the multi while you are using ETS.

continue with what you're taking

Who do I listen to here?Most multi's have those in them,so how safe is it to mix them? And how many of you out there do it?

chris mason
11-16-2007, 05:54 AM
I always say to err on the side of safety when considering such matters.

drew
11-16-2007, 05:59 AM
I've taken ETS and 2 multis per day, along with fish oil with no negative effects. However everyone is different. If you're concerned, drop the multi and re-introduce it after you've been taking ETS for a few weeks. See if there is any change.

thesmallone
11-16-2007, 04:29 PM
No, drop the Alleve.

Chris

hmm any reason why you shouldn't take alleve with ETS? or the alleve just isn't needed?

chris mason
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
You can take Alleve with ETS.

samadhi_smiles
12-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Its been 5 days since I started ETS and the chronic lingering DOMS I've had from squatting hard 3x a week is now virtually gone.

This quite simply amazed me, I was ready for a bit of a decrease in the pain, stiffness, and achiness I've been experiencing (pretty much every day since by the time it is toned down its a squat day and the cycle starts again), but I really did not expect it to work this good.

I have also noticed a difference in my sleep, the first few nights I had much more vivid dreams, but now am just sleeping more soundly (and now that I think about it, I am sleeping all the way through the night, which is a rarity for me).

Its a great product from what appears to be a great company.

Thanks AtLarge!

chris mason
12-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Its been 5 days since I started ETS and the chronic lingering DOMS I've had from squatting hard 3x a week is now virtually gone.

This quite simply amazed me, I was ready for a bit of a decrease in the pain, stiffness, and achiness I've been experiencing (pretty much every day since by the time it is toned down its a squat day and the cycle starts again), but I really did not expect it to work this good.

I have also noticed a difference in my sleep, the first few nights I had much more vivid dreams, but now am just sleeping more soundly (and now that I think about it, I am sleeping all the way through the night, which is a rarity for me).

Its a great product from what appears to be a great company.

Thanks AtLarge!

Told you so! :strong:

Thank you!

Chris

SSimpala96
03-07-2008, 01:01 AM
i take osteo bi flex for my knees, but wold the joint relief from ETS be good enough to replace it completely?

mickyjune26
03-26-2008, 09:23 AM
After reading this thread, I've decided to try ETS for some growing join pains. At the same time, I'm also scaling back my routine to decrease the number of ME and failure attempts per week.

Invain
03-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I finally caved in and ordered ETS a few weeks ago. Ever since I've been lifting I seem to get very bad DOMS, usually after leg day, although other body parts like my back and chest are sore for multiple days as well. My legs though, would literally be so bad I'd have trouble walking 3, 4, and even 5 days after lifting.

I've also been having some back problems, which I think may be related to lower back muscles tightening, and perhaps some DOMS as well. I've been using ETS for a little under 2 weeks now, and I honestly cant believe how well it works. Almost all DOMS has been reduced to about 1 day. I started benching twice a week right when I started ETS, and I've had no problems with overtraining or soreness. My back has been feeling a lot better, and I actually had a back session last week without pain from tightness for the first time.

I'll most likely be using ETS as long as AtLarge sells it from here on out.

Joe Black
03-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Thanks for your feedback Invain!

Glad you're getting on well with ETS and thanks for the order!

JSully
03-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I finally caved in and ordered ETS a few weeks ago. Ever since I've been lifting I seem to get very bad DOMS, usually after leg day, although other body parts like my back and chest are sore for multiple days as well. My legs though, would literally be so bad I'd have trouble walking 3, 4, and even 5 days after lifting.

I've also been having some back problems, which I think may be related to lower back muscles tightening, and perhaps some DOMS as well. I've been using ETS for a little under 2 weeks now, and I honestly cant believe how well it works. Almost all DOMS has been reduced to about 1 day. I started benching twice a week right when I started ETS, and I've had no problems with overtraining or soreness. My back has been feeling a lot better, and I actually had a back session last week without pain from tightness for the first time.

I'll most likely be using ETS as long as AtLarge sells it from here on out.
Try taking Taurine for the back stiffness on back day if ETS doesn't help. I had the same problem before and it seemed to work.

I too use ETS as I just got it in the mail earlier this week. Though, it's not my first time using it. I ordered 2 bottles 2 years ago. I had forgotten how great that stuff worked until I found one of the empty bottles when moving and reminisced about how great I felt while on it. It's really amazing, joint pain is reduced by 75% including my knees, elbows and wrists. DOMS are reduced by 90% and energy/motivation is definately increased 2 fold. I'm ashamed to say I only purchased one bottle last week, I'll definately be ordering more in about 3 weeks. Definately an A++ product that, as long as funds allow, I will continue to use for a long time.

Invain
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks jake, I'll look into the taurine.

I also forgot to mention in my post above that I've only been using a half dose. 2 pills in the morning 2 at night. Still been working great. I've been benching twice a week for the first time and I'm barely sore at all anymore.

Phenom
06-29-2008, 05:54 PM
4 pills in the morning + 4 pills at night

didn't do anything.

Ben Moore
06-29-2008, 06:30 PM
4 pills in the morning + 4 pills at night

didn't do anything.

Really? That's surprising. How long were you taking it?

chris mason
06-29-2008, 09:43 PM
As with ANY supplement, there is a percentage of the population (small in ETS' case) which will not see much from its use.

Chris

Phenom
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Really? That's surprising. How long were you taking it?

When I first bought the bottle I started with 2 pills in the morning 2 at night, then upped it to 4 and 4. The amount of soreness I typically feel hasn't changed. I'm more than halfway done the with bottle, not sure how long its been. Given me some crazy dreams though. Maybe it is helping me sleep better, or maybe thats just the placebo effect, but like I said, soreness is the same.

Travis Bell
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
are you eating properly?

betog22
10-08-2008, 11:21 PM
hey about whats the minimum amount of sleep is needed to see the benefits of this product? im a new dad and my lil one gets up every 3-4 hours and when the time comes around 5ish i wanna go to the gym. that bein said, what times would be best to take ETS?

Travis Bell
10-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Just as the bottle says. I'd take it first thing in the morning and 30-60min prior to bed on an empty stomach.

bawdybuilder
10-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Much needed info here people. Thanks to all for this http://lhnweb.info/img/419/h08s1009qoip/smile.gif

huskybear
12-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Okay, I'm a month in to my first bottle of ETS and gotta tell you it's lived up to the hype... I've notice reduced joint pain, specifically in my elbows and wrists where I have the most trouble, and even more importantly... SLEEP - totally helped my sleep - even though my sleep time has stayed the same, I feel refreshed and better upon wake up - as a result I'm not feeling anywhere near as sluggish as I did before, and my recovery has benefited 10 fold. I'm also quite happy that I don't get the ZMA hangover I used to get when I was taking strictly ZMA before - 2 Big Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I need to take advantage of the sale and stock up! This is a staple to sit beside my vitamins from here on out!!!!!

WELL DONE ATLARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks to everyone for all help in my initial questions about this stuff!

NordicMan
01-07-2009, 07:31 AM
ETS should be fine for a 15 year old. Due to its inclusion of vitamins and minerals I would suggest you make sure not to take any other supplements which contain zinc, magnesium, or vitamin E while using ETS.

I am quite interested in the ETS. My joints do bother a certain amount, some arthritis in my body, which has many more years than a lot of you younger guys.

I do take a vegetarian type multi vitamin/mineral.

So if you do not recommend taking a supplement(which includes zinc, magnesium, or vitamin E) did you folks develop ETS to be taken with the 'Multi Plus'? In other words, do you recommend ETS and Multi Plus taken together?

I do not have in front of me a description of what all the multi plus has in it, and so must ask.

davhern
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I am quite interested in the ETS. My joints do bother a certain amount, some arthritis in my body, which has many more years than a lot of you younger guys.

I do take a vegetarian type multi vitamin/mineral.

So if you do not recommend taking a supplement(which includes zinc, magnesium, or vitamin E) did you folks develop ETS to be taken with the 'Multi Plus'? In other words, do you recommend ETS and Multi Plus taken together?

I do not have in front of me a description of what all the multi plus has in it, and so must ask.

I, too, would be interested in the answer to this (admittedly old) question. I know I'm not supposed to take multi products because I'll overload on the zinc and magnesium, so are there any multi products out there one could take that doesn't have Zinc, Magnesium, or Vitamin E?

Cmanuel
10-04-2009, 04:25 PM
When I first bought the bottle I started with 2 pills in the morning 2 at night, then upped it to 4 and 4. The amount of soreness I typically feel hasn't changed. I'm more than halfway done the with bottle, not sure how long its been. Given me some crazy dreams though. Maybe it is helping me sleep better, or maybe thats just the placebo effect, but like I said, soreness is the same.

I'm the same way. I'm almost 2 weeks through my bottle. I eat fairly healthy and have stuck to the plan of 8 pills per day. Hasnt helped my soreness at all so far. Tonight is squat night which usually creeps up on Tuesday as DOMS so we will see if ETS has changed anything. This will be the real test as last week was a deload (but i still got sore from squat day)

I have had crazy dreams though. I'm not really sleeping any better just having crazy dreams.

Cmanuel
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
So, hate to say it but this product hasn't helped one bit with my soreness. My legs are on fire today from squat night on Sunday. Oh well, ill finish using the bottle as directed and after that will spend the extra money on results since that product has worked incredibly for me

chris mason
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
ETS is an effective product, but no product is effective in 100% of the population (creatine is a great example). I'm sorry it did not do much for you.

Lones Green
02-07-2010, 08:39 AM
what is ets?

Do you really have to post this in a thread with 4 pages on nothing but ETS?

http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=5

dawn01
03-26-2010, 07:47 PM
ETS is not doesn't have good results for the bottome line because most people use 1/2 dose and you can see only tangibke effects and benefits.

chris mason
04-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Dawn, WTF are you talking about?

Joe Usher
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
How much longer until ETS will be back in stock?

Mercuryblade
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Dawn, WTF are you talking about?

It's a mispelling Chris.

He means "tandibike" not "tangibke".

It means that it's not effective for people who like riding a bicycle built for two.

Brian C
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I miss my ETS :(

Joe Black
04-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Its' BACK!

kwconch
05-03-2010, 06:11 PM
i dont know whats goin on but i train four days a week and dont get DOMS like you guys are saying

kwconch
05-03-2010, 06:13 PM
It's a mispelling Chris.

He means "tandibike" not "tangibke".

It means that it's not effective for people who like riding a bicycle built for two.

or they mean tangible... referring to chris's comment earlier

Lones Green
05-04-2010, 04:53 PM
or they mean tangible... referring to chris's comment earlier

It was a joke

kwconch
05-09-2010, 10:27 PM
It was a joke

my bad sarcasm doesnt transfer well unless in person

andre2
05-15-2010, 03:27 AM
When I first bought the bottle I started with 2 pills in the morning 2 at night, then upped it to 4 and 4. The amount of soreness I typically feel hasn't changed. I'm more than halfway done the with bottle, not sure how long its been.

tranthienthanh
05-31-2010, 12:29 AM
thank for post

global online stock trading (http://www.sophivest.com/research/resource-center)
do it yourself debt settlement (http://www.mybluechimp.com)

chris mason
05-31-2010, 02:02 PM
ETS is like any ergogen (creatine is the same and so on), different people will experience differing levels of its benefits ranging from very significant to not at all.

With that said, most users will see a significant benefit from its use and that is not just a reduction in soreness, but also an improvement in general recovery.

HomelessTrainer
06-16-2010, 07:17 PM
When I first bought the bottle I started with 2 pills in the morning 2 at night, then upped it to 4 and 4. The amount of soreness I typically feel hasn't changed. I'm more than halfway done the with bottle, not sure how long its been.

Why? The recommended dosage said take 4 in the morning, then 4 before bed at the start. This stuff isn't like Nitor where you'll be bouncing off the walls if you take the full dosage (and while reading views, I wouldn't even try it).

I've only taken it for a couple of days but I noticed that I've slept better. I'm very sore today from a hard workout so I'll be seeing how well ETS will allow me to recover tomorrow.

chris mason
06-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Homeless, ETS takes about 4-5 days of daily use to build up in your system to have a significant effect. You should definitely take the full dose every day.

CasualBuilder
07-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Is ETS safe for someone who is not a "serious" bodybuilder. There are weeks when I workout for not more than 1-2 times a week. I started taking 3 caps for a week and now take 4 caps ever night. I get good results. I like the good sleep I get and would take it just for that

8 caps seems a lot . Would it be ok to just take 4 caps a night?

Like all other supplements should I cycle ETS?

Will the effect become less with prolong usage?

chris mason
07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
ETS definitely lends itself to cycling, yes.

ETS is perfectly safe, and may even have some health promoting effects.

kendals
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
What about Arthritis? Would ETS help relieve Arthritis pains?

chris mason
08-15-2010, 07:52 PM
It may help with mild arthritis pain, but not sever.

ScottYard
08-15-2010, 08:42 PM
What about Arthritis? Would ETS help relieve Arthritis pains?

I have Arthritis in my hip from years of wide squatting. The ETS def makes a difference comfort wise on squat day.

doremon12
09-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Is ETS recommended for people like me: 15 years of age (can one be too young to take ETS?) looking to increase strength and endurance? And since it causes you to have less DOMS, does this mean that you can have less resting time inbetween workout days? For example, I work each body part once a week right now. If I take ETS, will I be able to move it down to every 5 or 6 days?...therefore helping me to increase my strength faster?

Also, is it okay for me to take ETS at the same time as I'm taking Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM tablets (because I'm looking into taking that)?

Tu4290
10-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Whats the status of ETS?? When is it coming back?

simonic
10-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Why the use of Magnesium Oxide?

When oxide salts break down when metabolized it requires precious antioxidants to neutralize it.

Chelated Magnesium is superior, and is easier for the body to absorb as it allows the magnesium to "ride along." Magnesium bound to malic acide, or even magnesium bisglycinate (naturally bonded to two molecules of glycine). Along with various other versions/forms. It might be a little more costly, but it doesn't waste the antioxidants and reflects a better image of the company when it doesn't use all the low grade/cheap stuff found in the countless supermarket brands.

chris mason
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Why the use of Magnesium Oxide?

When oxide salts break down when metabolized it requires precious antioxidants to neutralize it.

Chelated Magnesium is superior, and is easier for the body to absorb as it allows the magnesium to "ride along." Magnesium bound to malic acide, or even magnesium bisglycinate (naturally bonded to two molecules of glycine). Along with various other versions/forms. It might be a little more costly, but it doesn't waste the antioxidants and reflects a better image of the company when it doesn't use all the low grade/cheap stuff found in the countless supermarket brands.

Show me a viable study where there is a significant variance in absorbed magnesium or where any antioxidants requires somehow compromise anything.

anonymous1
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah, where is the ETS? I love you guys for popularizing microlactin to the lifting community.

For those looking to replace it in the meantime the real active ingredient is microlactin. I get powdered microlactin from supplement direct. 2g in morning, 2g at night and experience all of the benefits reported with ETS. Microlactin is very potent, it a subtle way. I do not go without it.

Anna_lev
12-07-2010, 07:51 AM
It is great that you didn't have any side effects

chris mason
12-12-2010, 06:02 PM
ETS will be back up tomorrow (12/13) or Tuesday.

nikole95.7
12-28-2010, 08:09 PM
I dunno. My fingers and wrists sort of hurt when I try to grip (crush) stuff. Won't the Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM help my fingers and wrists to not hurt?

They might, but I would not bother using such a product at your age. That is just my opinion, I would suggest you get the opinion of your doctor as well.

schmitty199
07-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I had periodically been reading about and considering ETS for awhile, as it sounded like an interesting product. Like many others on this board I've became pretty skeptical about the actual value of many marketed supplements, so I restrained. I finally cracked and decided to buy a couple bottles, and after two weeks I'm completely impressed.

The first thing you notice with this product is the improvement in sleep quality, even though it sounds like it is an unintended benefit of the product.

Through only two weeks, all of my lifts have had a significant improvement. With my football season coming up in less then a month, the intensity of my workouts have increased since taking this product, and I'm noticeably less sore the next day even with the increased intensity and volume.

I just started dead lifting this summer(Isn't part of our off-season program but I've been home for the summer and changed a few things) and when I started taking ETS the best dead lift I'd done to date was 390 x 3, although I wasn't trying to push it as I was watching my form carefully. Two weeks later I hit 420 for 5. I also cut out drinking during this span so that was definitely a factor in the increase, but overall since taking the product I feel awesome in and out of the weight room, and definitely recommend it especially for anyone in a plateau.

Just my 2 cents.

chris mason
07-20-2011, 10:05 PM
I had periodically been reading about and considering ETS for awhile, as it sounded like an interesting product. Like many others on this board I've became pretty skeptical about the actual value of many marketed supplements, so I restrained. I finally cracked and decided to buy a couple bottles, and after two weeks I'm completely impressed.

The first thing you notice with this product is the improvement in sleep quality, even though it sounds like it is an unintended benefit of the product.

Through only two weeks, all of my lifts have had a significant improvement. With my football season coming up in less then a month, the intensity of my workouts have increased since taking this product, and I'm noticeably less sore the next day even with the increased intensity and volume.

I just started dead lifting this summer(Isn't part of our off-season program but I've been home for the summer and changed a few things) and when I started taking ETS the best dead lift I'd done to date was 390 x 3, although I wasn't trying to push it as I was watching my form carefully. Two weeks later I hit 420 for 5. I also cut out drinking during this span so that was definitely a factor in the increase, but overall since taking the product I feel awesome in and out of the weight room, and definitely recommend it especially for anyone in a plateau.

Just my 2 cents.

That's awesome, thanks!

Dgro
07-30-2011, 05:50 AM
i just took ETS for the first time last night. I only started taking RESULTS at the beginning of the summer and i'm still basking in the glory of those gains / a noticeable boost in endurance. If ETS can help me build on that... got damn, wachout

i've also been a walking mess of ticky-tack injuries lately, so if those dissipate, i'm calling it a success

ncsuLuke
11-24-2011, 07:43 AM
I have been taking ETS for about a week now and I am shocked at how well it works. I was very skeptical and that is why it has taken me so long to finally order some. I had a brutal shoulder workout yesterday that I would normally be so sore drinking a glass of water would suck but I don't feel sore at all. This stuff is pretty amazing for crossfit, not only does the reduction of soreness make life easier in general but it makes my wod times better the next day because I am not so sore during the workout. Awesome product.

chris mason
11-25-2011, 01:26 PM
I have been taking ETS for about a week now and I am shocked at how well it works. I was very skeptical and that is why it has taken me so long to finally order some. I had a brutal shoulder workout yesterday that I would normally be so sore drinking a glass of water would suck but I don't feel sore at all. This stuff is pretty amazing for crossfit, not only does the reduction of soreness make life easier in general but it makes my wod times better the next day because I am not so sore during the workout. Awesome product.

I want to say, "SEE, I TOLD you so!" :) I talk about ETS at every CrossFit cert I attend. It is an excellent fit for CFers as it also can help with endurance (not to mention the reduced DOMS you are experiencing).

DoUgL@S
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
I'd have to agree with what has been said. I just started working out again, mostly crossfit and some strength, and the inclusion of ETS has taken the newbie DOMS down significantly. Without ETS I can be sore for up to a week, with ETS usually a couple of days tops.

chris mason
11-29-2011, 07:20 PM
I'd have to agree with what has been said. I just started working out again, mostly crossfit and some strength, and the inclusion of ETS has taken the newbie DOMS down significantly. Without ETS I can be sore for up to a week, with ETS usually a couple of days tops.

That's great! What you are experiencing is what most trainees can expect if they do experience significant DOMS.