PDA

View Full Version : Keto for the Obese

ogarchamplin
09-16-2004, 09:46 PM
I was wondering if the Keto way would be allright for a very obese person?

SalahG
09-16-2004, 11:09 PM
I was wondering if the Keto way would be allright for a very obese person?
Yes, Keto, Atkins, South Beach, all good body recomposition diet's, not good for cutting down or bodybuilding though.

AstronautJones
09-17-2004, 12:47 AM
I think there are better, simpler diets.

EviscerationX
09-17-2004, 01:46 AM
*Personal Note* ----- Dr. Atkins was a morbidly obese fat tub of lard before he died...his personal feelings on health obviously meant nothing, as he did not care enough to take his own body under control...

Never mind...I'm just blabbing outta my ass. Just thinking out loud...

TheGimp
09-17-2004, 03:01 AM
Anything with a calorie deficit would work for a very obese person.

galileo
09-17-2004, 08:17 AM
A ketogenic diet would work just fine, assuming that you track what you eat and keep yourself in a deficit.

AllUp
09-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I have heard of KETO's working for the higher BF crowd..
Worked well for me. I shed about 3-3.5%BF on UD2 with minimal to no muscle-loss.
Just be careful upon normalizing the diet again, as it can be sort of a pain to jump back into. :)

It's most likely not necessary, but it will work. :D

Anything with a calorie deficit would work for a very obese person.
:thumbup: Pretty much.

shootermcgavin7
09-20-2004, 06:44 PM
*Personal Note* ----- Dr. Atkins was a morbidly obese fat tub of lard before he died...his personal feelings on health obviously meant nothing, as he did not care enough to take his own body under control...

Never mind...I'm just blabbing outta my ass. Just thinking out loud...

I'd like to point out that Atkins was on medication that caused him to heavily retain water.

Also, I will likely be a fat tub of lard when I'm in my late 70s.

That said, I think a keto diet would work very well for someone who was very obese. I'm used to use CKD all the time, although I've switched to lower-fat diets for cuts recently.

JSully
09-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Out of all the diets I've tried, dropping fat WITHOUT muscle loss.. was the best obtained by the UD2.0. I've dropped 4% bodyfat in 4 weeks and close to 12lbs.

Holto
09-20-2004, 08:22 PM
wow

thats solid Jake

galileo
09-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Out of all the diets I've tried, dropping fat WITHOUT muscle loss.. was the best obtained by the UD2.0. I've dropped 4% bodyfat in 4 weeks and close to 12lbs.

UD2.0 is not for the obese. Lyle will be the first person to say it. UD2.0 is also not for beginning trainees. It's a very good protocol, but only for people who have the knowledge to utilize it to its maximum. Furthermore, I wouldn't recommend anything with a refeed to an obese person.

Big John
09-22-2004, 05:15 AM
My 2 pence, I was 30% BF at 16stone,this christmas went on atkins for 3months lost 35IIbs now 189 18%BF, woked great for me!
BJ

EviscerationX
09-22-2004, 04:28 PM
I'd like to point out that Atkins was on medication that caused him to heavily retain water.

Also, I will likely be a fat tub of lard when I'm in my late 70s.

That said, I think a keto diet would work very well for someone who was very obese. I'm used to use CKD all the time, although I've switched to lower-fat diets for cuts recently.That sucks. But I don't think it would make him retain an extra 100 pounds of water...he was quite large...but he was old. Got hit by a car he did...yes yes :(

I don't plan on being a fat tub of lard when I'm old. I'll keep working out until the day I die...*knock on wood*

And yes, I think the keto diet is only for largely obese individuals, as it relies heavily on using fat for energy, from the lack of carbohydrates. After you lose the weight you want, you should switch to a healthy diet accompanied by a good exercise routine.

ogarchamplin
09-22-2004, 05:21 PM
No he slipped on a patch of ice out in front of his pratice