PDA

View Full Version : pasta help??

akomabutisakama
09-18-2004, 06:20 PM
any 1 know a good pasta sauce or recipe

rray
09-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Angel hair pasta with your choice of tomato sauces. Only takes about 3 minutes to cook and is my favorite choice of pastas.

RichLockyer
09-19-2004, 01:48 AM
Angel hair pasta with your choice of tomato sauces. Only takes about 3 minutes to cook and is my favorite choice of pastas.
Ditto that.
Throw a chicken breast on it and it's my meal when I take the Palm Springs city engineer to lunch.

Nicolino's, corner of Ramon and El Cielo Rd.

anyone
09-19-2004, 12:36 PM
Use whole wheat pasta and it will be even healthier because you get the extra protein, fiber, and vitamins from the bran part of the wheat. I like the taste of the whole wheat pasta better, but that's just a personal preference.

[[[----]]]
09-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah whole wheat past is damn good. Yesterday i had some whole wheat past mixed with some Ragu, A chicken breast with tomatoes and onions sauteed in it, and steamed broccoli. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......hungry gotta go! later

getfit
09-19-2004, 01:04 PM
any 1 know a good pasta sauce or recipe
garlic tomato sauce

1 large onion finely chopped
4 cloves garlic
1glass dry white wine
14oz chooped tomatoes
1tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
1tbsp lemon juice
herb salt and pepper

serve it with spinach linguini so good!

waynis
09-19-2004, 06:45 PM
i would get some artichoke or garlic and parsley noodles. They have low glycemic index. They taste better imo then regular pasta. Add some olive oil and parmesan cheese and your good to go. :thumbup:

Aspect
09-20-2004, 05:18 AM
Very very simple tomato sauce recipe:

- About 20 cherry or 10 regular tomatoes, roughly chopped up
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely sliced
- Basil (fresh is preferable, but dried is fine too)
- Olive oil

Gently fry the chopped garlic over a low heat in some olive oil (just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan). When it's softened (takes maybe 2 minutes), add the tomatoes and raise the heat to low/medium. Let the tomatoes cook for about 30 minutes; they should be gently bubbling. They will cook down to a lumpy slush. Near the end of cooking, add in some basil, and a little seasoning if you like.

That's it - dead dead simple to prepare, and tastes gorgeous. Serve it with any pasta you like, and add some grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal. You can make it in larger batches if you like, and store the spare in the fridge or freezer. Yum.